It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prednisone... Any examples of steroid rage ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hi people. My ex exhibited bizarre violent and irrational behaviour over many years whilst prescribed between 100-40mg daily of prednisone for her asthma.

This included hallucinations that I had spiders crawling over me, hearing loud noise when others couldn't, violent assaults against me and our son.

Am I alone in suffering from living with steroid rages ?

I am told it is common but the Family Court in my country will not believe me or allow evidence of steroid rages.

Can people here help me with accounts of personal experiences and experts or online sources of information about steroid rage and psychosis please ?

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I Googled "Prednisone" and "mania" and came up with lots of results, here's one.

www.drrichardhall.com...

There should be a lot more info out there.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
YES!

I was on Prednisone for a month combating two herniated discs just last month. I suffered from intense depressions when no-one was there and when the was someone there, I'd be so easy to piss off. They helped though. I am @ 95% and still bouncing.

Tee hee!
Cuhail

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Thank you guys. I could have just Googled my self, but I wanted to throw open a request for info to other members to see what turns up.

I remember once whilst working long hours at the airport my ex offered me one of her 20mg pills to restore my energy. That was foolish of me.

It scared the hell out of me to have the stuff in my system. My heart pounded like I was going to have a heart attack. It was like rocket fuel. I don't know how she managed to survive such hi doses.

Thanks for your frankness Cuhail. May i ask what dose you took that gave you such a reaction ?

These steroids are just as dangerous as '___' or Methamphetamines. I can't believe they're legal or for that matter that the medical profession will not own up to the dangers.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Thanks for your frankness Cuhail. May i ask what dose you took that gave you such a reaction ?

These steroids are just as dangerous as '___' or Methamphetamines. I can't believe they're legal or for that matter that the medical profession will not own up to the dangers.

I took 40mg a day for two weeks and 20mg a day for one week. And I honestly can't imagine any kind of reaction like you had. I've done the '___' route and it in no way compares. The Pred. did it's job very well, wasn't addictive and any emotional issues I was having were completely in my own head to begin with. The Prednisone just brought it out easier. There's no recreational aspect to taking these steroids, as I see it and I've studied enough recreational drugs to know. I CAN'T imagine anyone ON Prednisone offering it to anybody as a "Pick me up". It just doesn't work that way.
Go to WebMD and look into it a bit.

Cuhail

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Thanks... can't say I've tried '___' etc so I bow to your experience.

However my experience was accurate for me. Also my ex is very definitely psychotic however there may have been an underlying problem.

She grew up in a sawmill town where other people developed all sorts of problems from waste discharges of arsenic, methyl bromides and chlorines.

top topics

join