It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want to have God or Goddess status?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Suppose you were granted a one time offer of becoming a God or Goddess, would you take it?

The only restrictions are that you cannot interfere with a person's free will nor do harm to anything.

I think were all capable of accessing the power of one but I guess what I'm proposing is instant gratification. I would consider taking it.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I would take it too. Only because of instantanious creation.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
do you mean in a bruce almighty sort of way? To have absolute power and be answerable to the whole world or to just have god like powers with non of the responsibility?
Mind you with power doesn't there come responsibility anyway?

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
pantha:

The only rules are you cannot interfere with someone's free will & you cannot do harm to anything.

That kind of responsibility is easy to handle for the most part I think.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Had it for years.

Too much responsibility, too few fringe benefits, and I am not much into people falling around at what I have instead of feet all day long.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I would, but I would cure aids and cancer. And help poor people. Then i would create a new car and stuff!

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
do you mean in a bruce almighty sort of way? To have absolute power and be answerable to the whole world or to just have god like powers with non of the responsibility?
Mind you with power doesn't there come responsibility anyway?

Something like that... I materialise anything I want as soon as I think it. Also be able to change the properties and movements of any atom, electron, proton or neutron. So that includes flying, psychokenesis and all kinds of other fun stuff....

That's what I would like..

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I would decline. I have enough responsibilities in life all ready, I don't need to have the responsibility of being a diety as well. It would be fun, it would be nice to cure diseases and restore the earth to a less raped condition, but things would still end up the same, newer diseases would show up and kill people and the environment would still get destroyed.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
i dont think i would for the same reason i dont think most people should. god is suposed to be a divine being so if he had these powers he would do no harm. most people i know today would in some way do something to harm or try to harm or control, etc.
although i just saw bruce almighty and it makes for a REALLY good daydream.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
i'd take power, and i don't need responsibility

new topics

top topics

join