It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A True Patriot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
OK... were going to allow some members to do a 20-30 second piece on what they think a "True Patriot" is.. If we like what we hear.. we may ask you to do a 3 minute segment on our show...

So like with all the show segments, we are looking for PODCASTS... They must be 128kbs (or better) and as always, all T&C's apply (so no cussing or foul mouth trash talk). Also please do not refer to any other foreign power in a negative way. IE: "I think we should go bomb (insert any people, place or thing here)". Were looking more for a positive aspect of what makes up a true patriot or the way a true patriot acts and lives. You can reference a living or dead person as a means of demonstrating ones accomplishments in a patriotic way. We really just want to hear what your thoughts are on patriotism and how one might exemplify that in his or hers life.

This is open to all countries and foreign nations to participate in..

If we use your podcast, we will be giving you A large amount of ATS Points!

If we use just a short segment of your podcast, we will still hit you with some ATS Applause Points.. so you really can't lose here..

So get the microphones out and tell us what you think of when you hear the term "True Patriot"

Johnny

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Okay... just to get your juices flowing.... this is one that I would do as an EXAMPLE ONLY, not posted for DEBATE

Okay... here is the RECORDED EXAMPLE of what we are looking for. I put music in the back of MINE, but we only want YOUR VOICE. We will do EVERYTHING ELSE.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE EXAMPLE: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dave

For What It's Worth, my absolute, all time favorite role model when I think of the word PATRIOT or PATRIOTISM can be summed up in two words... John Wayne. John Wayne was MY HERO. He stood for everything, when I was growing up, that I wanted to be..... Handsome, Rugged, Great Personality and absolutely, not putting up with anyone's BS ever. I loved his movies and his attitude.

My biggest respect for John Wayne came about when I was doing my three tours in Vietnam. His views about war and the troops that were fighting them, were, without question, HAWKISH. World War II, Korea and, of course, my personal favorite, Vietnam. He had his hands full with Vietnam as it was an extremely unpopular war. But because John Wayne was a cheerleader and supporter of THE TROOPS, he wanted to do something that just might portray the Vietnam soldier as something other than what was all over the news from the Mei Lei Massacre and Lt. Calley. He created the movie, "The Green Berets". Probably one of the worst John Wayne films ever, John Wayne put a lot of his own personal money into the production to help shed a better light on the American Soldier there. I'll never forget when I saw it.... I was on my 2nd tour in Vietnam and stationed at Phan Rang AB. Phan Rang had an air conditioned movie theater and was an R & R (rest and recuperation) base for the Army and Marines. During the movie, the troops, in general, laughed through a lot of it as it was pretty far fetched. When the movie was over and everyone went to the enlisted men's club for a nightcap, I remember a bunch of us sitting around, sipping a beer and discussing what we saw. There is no question that the movie had parts in it where it was just plain silly.... but there was not a man in the group who didn't have nothing but praise and admiration for John Wayne's attempt to at least SUPPORT US and try and make the world understand that we were NOT ALL MONSTERS.

I will never forget the day I heard of John Wayne's death. At the time, I was the editor of a Texas Organizational Magazine and was deciding on what I wanted to put on the front cover. When I heard the news of his death, tears streamed down my face. MY HERO had finally met a foe whose ass he could not whip, CANCER. The next morning I was reading the Dallas Morning News and on the front cover was a caricature of John Wayne drawn by an old friend of mine. I immediately called him and asked for permission to put it on the front cover of my magazine. When my magazine came out, there he was.... John Wayne. The caricature was the last shot of the movie "True Grit", when John Wayne has his hat in the air with his horse rared on his hind legs and is about to jump his horse over a 3 rail fence with Mattie Ross looking on from the graveyard of her family. As I looked at the cover once again, tears didn't stream down my face again.... but they did get misty. In my mind, there will NEVER be someone like John Wayne again in my lifetime.

When I go to the Dave Rabbit Dictionary..... and flip through the pages.... and go to the word PATRIOT.... there will always be a picture there of MY HERO..... a man with TRUE GRIT and TRUE PATRIOTISM...... For What It's Worth, his name is John Wayne.

Okay... it's just that simple. You write down what you want to say... time it to stay within the 3 minutes, record it as an MP3 with no less than 128 kbps quality, then send it to Johnny at:

[email protected]

Dave

[edit on 6/29/2007 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
OUTSTANDING!!

He is also my personal hero...

I remember my sadness the day he passed away...

He lived his life free and without restriction and truly loved this country...

I always think back on the movie "Sands of Iwo Jima" when I think of John Wayne,,,,

Semper

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
A True Patriot?

Bill's signature says it all.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

If someone can spin it better than that, I'll eat my hat.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Okay... here is the RECORDED EXAMPLE of what we are looking for. I put music in the back of MINE, but we only want YOUR VOICE. We will do EVERYTHING ELSE.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE EXAMPLE: www.abovetopsecret.com...

SEND YOUR SUBMISSIONS TO JOHNNY AT:
[email protected]

Dave

[edit on 6/29/2007 by Dave Rabbit]

top topics

join