It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't I dream of aliens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
How many of you have had dreams that involved aliens? I ask since I cannot remember any. I’m sure most of us can remember a dream that would include aliens.

Besides being able to fly, control what happens in some of my dreams, visit places I use to live, see people that are dead, visit places I haven’t been to, get shot and live, experience very emotional dreams, drive cars that I wish I owned or have owned, be around animals that I don’t really care about or those that I knew of, the ever popular feeling of free falling, watching fireworks, meeting women that truly represent a “dream girl”, being in school, the list goes on and on but not once have aliens been part of my dreams, I’ll also through in UFOs since I don’t remember any of them either.

This only leads me to ask more questions, like:

1. Does the mind know what is real and what isn’t even though we haven’t experienced them yet?
2. Does the mind protect us from danger that we might not know about consciously?
3. Do aliens block themselves from being part of our dreams?
4. Would dreaming of aliens somehow put them in danger?
5. Is there some sort of trigger that is supposed to make aliens appear in our dreams?

With so many people on this site that are open minded and ready for more info, me being one of them, why haven’t I had dreams that include aliens? I have a feeling that there is more to this but I don’t know where to look for more answers. I know that most of us have had some very vivid and crazy dreams, but how many times have you dreamed of aliens?

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I've seen "demons" in my dreams before, things with a very terrifying and not-of-this world appearance. What they were or are, I have no idea.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJ Mooch
How many of you have had dreams that involved aliens?

Do you dream about Honda cars? I ask because I also post in forums about Honda cars and I notice that nobody over there talks about whether they dream about Honda cars or not.

So why are folks interested in dreams about aliens? I have a theory: alien true-believers also believe in lots of other random stuff, like paranormal dreams, psychic powers, ley lines, cryptozoological creatures. This is more an indication of a person who tends to believe things, rather than being an indication that all these things are actually true.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I talked to more of my friends about this and not one has ever had a dream with aliens in it. Maybe the idea of what aliens are supposed to look like according to Hollywood and all the other sources are wrong. Maybe aliens can control what we dream. Anyone else got an opinion on this?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Just be glad that you aren't dreaming about them.

Think about it. They are vile creatures that don't care about your feelings or if they are hurting you or not. They kidnap people. They perform painful experiments on them. They mess with their minds and their memories. They leave tracking chips in them.

They are living nightmares.
Just be glad that you don't dream about them.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I've dreamt about UFO's alot lately, most notably this very vivid dream where I was walking at night in Chicago and from behind an overpass of the EL train came this large ship and in my dream when I see a UFO I can point but feel very faint of breath and can't speak and struggle to get words out and when I finally do I yelled out that we're all going to die and ran like hell out of there.

Then another recent one was where I was riding in the car around dusk when the sun was setting, going to somewhere that hasn't existed in years where I live (this old drive in that was demolished years ago) and to the right of the road in this dream we began to pass a lake (where I was going that lake doesn't exist in real life) and up in the sky were these 2 UFOs hovering over the water and I remember recoiling in fear as they were so close and trying to get the words out but couldn't say anything, almost like fear was stomping on my chest

And there have been others but none that I can remember, but I don't ever think I've ever dreamt of aliens/beings - maybe I have and just don't remember

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
if you really beleave in that stuff then you will dream it but if dont care or you are a sceptic i dont think you would dream about aliens i personaly never have dreamed about aliens well maybe once after i saw aliens 2/3 but apart from that no, maybe its stuff to do with your mind because the mind can do some strange things like uri gellar bending spoons (algedly hit by a beam form a ufo) but i dont no if that was true.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yes i have dreamt of ailens and have dreamt being on board a UFO and being taken to a planet. But i dont dream ailens all the time. I think it is just the mind churning over stuff. I certaintly do not beleive ET is directly controlling our dreams. Not unless i wake up finding an implant in the back of my neck or something. then i would be worried. Mind you id i ever did get abducted for real i wonder what they would make of my hearing aids?? !!!

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Dreams that involved aliens?
Yes I had. *)

You usually dream about what keept and keeps you busy during the day and what your expectations are aimed at.

I guess you should differ a litte. A dream with aliens can mean abosultly nothing more than just that a dream with some alien-dream-characters in it based on your day interest focus. Non real. A creation. You could say just a dream.

And then there is this sort of vivide dreams that are a little different. More intense more awake more real. The beings there you meet have a different quality. Your condition you are in is different also. I can not express this better. Beeings you meet in this condition often appear a little transluminescent and emmit an inner light..some even a strong love.
At least that's what I can tell from my dream experiences. I had a few. I love dreaming.

I use the term being because this seems to me the most appropriate term for them. Some have human shape and I experienced them as human (or spirits with human experiences).
Some you can tell must be aliens and some seems to be lesser shaped probabily less councious beeings I simple can not categorize them.

Might sound wired but that is just my collected experiences. Only has a meaning to somone who experienced such 'dreaming' themself.

Edit to add:
*) An example of my rather wired alien dreamings at the time of AA's exercise www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-6-2007 by g210b]

new topics

top topics

join