It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Points

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Wikipedia says

"The Ark would have had a gross volume of about 1.5 million cubic feet (40,000 m³), a displacement a little less than half that of the Titanic at about 22,000 tons, and total floor space of around 100,000 square feet (9,300 m²)."

Would this hold every single species on earth? With two of a kind, fresh food and water also? I don't think so. If you say that they only took "kinds" of an animal onto the ship, like not every breed of dog, but just one, how did all the other breeds of dogs come? Evolution, but the Bible says that is false. But how else could you fit all those animals on?

How come in the Bible, Adam and Eve were white? Where did all the other races come from? And how did one of them ate a "bad" apple and realeased all the evil in the world. How can an apple contain evil? It sounds ridiculous!

Other religions... There are other religions other than christianity. How come countries with very low christianity percentage are not killed off? The ten commandments dont allow it, and the bible says that it will not be tolerated. What happens to these other religions? They don't go to heaven. This is pretty much based on where they are from. This doesn't seem fair does it? What would have happened if you were born in one of these countries? You would probably follow the dominating religion. Faith is based on where you are born. You would go on thinking that your religion is right. Just like you are now
How come God didn't go to their land and tell them what to believe? How about sending a messiah to an asian country? He didn't expect Jesus to walk all the way there! Why didn't he then. If it was the truth there wouldn't be different religions.

What about other planets in space? Why are they ignored? How were those planets formed, and how long did it take? Surely not only 6000 years. What about the things that happened before the earth was "created"? I love Wikipedia
The sun was formed before the earth. But the bible says it wasn't. The bible doesn't mention dinosaurs or cavemen. Dont say the leviathon or the behemoth. The leviathon was a big fish and the behomoth was probably a big mammal, the bible shows this.

THINK ABOUT SCIENCE - Listen to reason

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
By the way, I am only 13. Is that strange?

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Two words,

Fecal matter.

Someone had a hell of a job shoveling waste overboard, or preventing viral infections do to the large amounts of FRESH waste. Not to mention how did certain animals not eat the ones naturaly in their food chain?

Did noah cut up some fresh fish, goats, dogs, whatever to feed them? not like they had MREs, they had to bring 4 of each animals just to consume the other 2 for the other animals. I dunno.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Great, more atheists who do not realize that a large percentage of the Bible is hyperbole and was not intended to be interpreted literally. "All the animals" could have merely been all the animals Bronze Age man in Mesopotamia knew about, which most likely wasn't many. Furthermore, how do you explain the universality of flood legends.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
As with the ark, Im still waiting for it to be found. theres been some events in the past where they think they have found it but not too much in the present. I wasnt debating whether it happened just bringing up GOOD POINTS like the thread says.

Where does the POO go? ( Va-poo-rise? )
still all the animals in the bronze age was a good amount.
floods have been found in all cultures thruout the world.

Just asking my friend, dont get all "holy roller" on me just becuz I made a few points, Im not saying God DOESNT exsist, so keep the name calling to a minimum.

I dont think just becuz I brought up some points with the noahs ark situation or bring up NATURAL causes and effects of it , means your a atheist. I was baptized Christain, I later found it funny how "christains" dont believe animals have souls or that they dont goto the same place humans go. So I looked into other religions and found more understanding in asian cultural beliefs and thus its where I stand now,

Im still a good hearted person who cares and ACTS to help others, and as well follow much of the ten commandments as they seem good MORAL advice.

[edit on 22-6-2007 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
First of buddy I think you are really ignorant for say that the bible says that adam and eve were white. If you can show me that then Ill kiss your feet. Anyways you need to do more research little buddy.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
As with the ark, Im still waiting for it to be found. theres been some events in the past where they think they have found it but not too much in the present.

I dont think just becuz I disagree with the noahs ark situation or bring up NATURAL causes and effects of it means your a atheist. I was baptized Christain, I later found it funny how "christains" dont believe animals have souls or that they dont goto the same place humans go. So I looked into other religions and found more understanding in asian cultural beliefs and thus its where I stand now,

Im still a good hearted person who cares and ACTS to help others, and as well follow much of the ten commandments as they seem good MORAL advice.

again, nothing to say to the topic, expect a U2U from a Mod. I got plenty of them whever I stray off topic.

[edit on 22-6-2007 by Tranceopticalinclined]

Your second paragraph is what I am too.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrknighttime32
First of buddy I think you are really ignorant for say that the bible says that adam and eve were white. If you can show me that then Ill kiss your feet. Anyways you need to do more research little buddy.

Look at the drawings

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
And besides, they could only have been two races. There are 4 or 5 races in existence right now. Where did the other 2-3 come from? HMM?

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
JUST for the sake of argument...

The ark measured 300x50x30 cubits (Gen. 6:15) which is about 137x23x13.7 meters or 450x75x45 feet, so its volume was 43,200 m3 (cubic meters) or 1.52 million cubic feet. To put this in perspective, this is the equivalent volume of 522 standard railroad stock cars, each of which can hold 240 sheep.

If the animals were kept in cages with an average size (some would be much bigger, others smaller) of 50x50x30 centimeters (20x20x12 inches), that is 75,000 cm3 (cubic centimeters) or 4,800 cubic inches, the 16,000 animals would only occupy 1,200 m3 (42,000 cubic feet) or 14.4 stock cars. Even if a million insect species had to be on board as well, it would not be a problem, because they require little space. If each pair was kept in cages of 10 cm (four inches) per side, or 1,000 cm3, all the insect species would occupy a total volume of only 1,000 m3, or another 12 cars. This would leave room for five trains of 99 cars each for food, Noah’s family and ‘range’ for the animals, and air space.

The man who wrote this attributed "kind" to genus, and extrapolated from there the number of genus which would give rise to the biodiversity seen today. This is where the "16,000" animals comes from. There is a very simple argument to the OP's statement that the Bible says evolution is false, which is thriving in several threads on ATS. The Bible never mentions evolution or anything of the sort. Creationists are those who view evolution as an antithesis to their beliefs. The Bible is neutral, if anything.

Note to Flamers: I post this to further an intellectual debate, not to bring down condemnation upon anyone.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
quote]Originally posted by uberarcanist
Great, more atheists who do not realize that a large percentage of the Bible is hyperbole and was not intended to be interpreted literally. "All the animals" could have merely been all the animals Bronze Age man in Mesopotamia knew about, which most likely wasn't many. Furthermore, how do you explain the universality of flood legends.

All the animals that they knew about. So what about the others that they didn't? Where did they come from? The bible says everything but the things in the boat were killed. Universality of flood legends?? How about soil layers, ice layers. Those are PROVEN

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Why is everyone calling me "friend" or "buddy"?

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
the drawing are not really my man just like the drawings of jesus who looks like he could play in the mission impossible movies are not really

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

the drawing are not really my man just like the drawings of jesus who looks like he could play in the mission impossible movies are not really

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
the drawings are not real thats what i ment to say they are what people wanted them to look like. how could anyone really know what the looked like. If anything they were a dark color because everyone knows when you put all colors together the make black. hahahahah

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

the drawings are not real thats what i ment to say they are what people wanted them to look like. how could anyone really know what the looked like. If anything they were a dark color because everyone knows when you put all colors together the make black. hahahahah

Adam and Eve could only have been two races. There are 4 or 5 races in existence right now. Where did the other 2-3 come from? HMM?

Talk with good grammar...

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Back then the animals were all potty trained.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Back then the animals were all potty trained.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I figure it all depends on what part of the world they went too when your in the hotter areas your skin would be darker and if you traveled to the north your skin would become lighter. besides skin color people are too much a like not to have come from the same people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join