It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man set to earn £1000000 if he can prove an afterlife

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Man sets to win £1m by proving the existence of an afterlife

Paranormal investigator Ross Hemsworth, 49, has been offered rather poor odds of 10,000/1, but his £100 bet will net him £1 million.Mr Hemsworth from Glastonbury denies his scheme is crackpot and said a team of scientists and doctors are working around the clock to prove existence of the afterlife

Has anybody ever heard of this Mr Hemsorth ? and has anybody got any ideas how he is going to prove the afterlife's existence ?. He says (predictably) that the evidence that he is set to produce is being kept under wraps for the time being, but im intruiged. Either he can afford to lose £100 and is chancing his arm or this guy is actually on to something, in which case I think he maybe would have bet more than £100.

Any further info out there ?

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I can predict if he does prove an afterlife he`ll earn a lot more, unless he is just hoping maybe science or somebody else will show evidence.

If he new beyond doubt he`d be stupid not to bet a hell of a lot more than £100.

He`s probably just an everyday guy trying his luck.

[edit on 22-6-2007 by nescafe8572]

[edit on 22-6-2007 by nescafe8572]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I can prove whether it exists or not some day. But I won't be around to collect
, can't take the money with ya!

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hasnt Houdini already tried this and failed? If anybody could have proved it I would think he could have.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If he gets killed in an unfornintuate accident with a bus - then collects his winnings then he's ernt it.

Otherwise I don't see how william hill will pay out regardless of what evidence he provides, they will find a way not to pay, that is the business they are in - they will only pay if it will make money for them in this case (the afterlife is far far easier to disprove than prove).

Hope he gets his money tho!

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This sounds all too much like some sort of publicity stunt. So, even if he loses, he probably wins. (something - not sure what, though.)

[edit on 6/22/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by avriel
Man sets to win £1m by proving the existence of an afterlife

Paranormal investigator Ross Hemsworth, 49, has been offered rather poor odds of 10,000/1, but his £100 bet will net him £1 million.Mr Hemsworth from Glastonbury denies his scheme is crackpot and said a team of scientists and doctors are working around the clock to prove existence of the afterlife

Has anybody ever heard of this Mr Hemsorth ? and has anybody got any ideas how he is going to prove the afterlife's existence ?. He says (predictably) that the evidence that he is set to produce is being kept under wraps for the time being, but im intruiged. Either he can afford to lose £100 and is chancing his arm or this guy is actually on to something, in which case I think he maybe would have bet more than £100.

Any further info out there ?

Yes..... and here is the gentlemans profile.

Ross Hemsworth

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It wont happen because you cant prove it until your dead, and any "evidence" that he scrapes together will be flimsy and fall victim to harsh skeptics.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hmm. I read the article but it doesn't explain how he plans on collecting the proof. Has anyone seen the movie Flatliners? Is he going to essentially kill himself and be resurrected by a medical staff? Is that legal? Or is he going to show evidence he has collected via other paranomal investigative means? Such as EVP, Thermoimaging, and what not.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The first half of flatliners is pretty cool. They have some seriously interesting concepts in that movie.

I hope he does manage it, imagine the implications if he were to succeed.

Personally I think the best way to prove the afterlife exists is to focus first on proving the existence of the soul/spirit/energy body.

If you can prove 'something' has left a subjects body and then monitor its return, it will add overwhelmingly strong support to any stories of the 'other side' that the subject is able to recount.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by avriel

Has anybody ever heard of this Mr Hemsorth ?

Yeah he is ATS member Nomadrush with a sponsored board on ATS called Now Thats Weird

He has been doing Paranormal Studies for years. He also has an internet radio show on Glastonbury Radio called Now Thats Weird.

He has also just released a book called "The Dead Are Talking"

Some say he has got a bit hippy since moving to Glastonbury but Now Thats Weird is worth listening to...even for a sceptic like me.

Personally I would like to see the show on TV. I cant believe that anyone can keep a straight face while he interviews some of the guests...and I thought this board was weird

Regarding life after death how can you prove it? Firstly how do you define that life? Let alone proof it?

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hes gonna say beatleguise three times and Michael Keaton will show up and scare everyone half to death. Thus proving the existence of an afterlife.

Not really anything you could do to prove an afterlife or not unless you can capture a ghost and make it talk to you. Even then that could be just as silly as my joke above.

There is faith and science and the two will rarely meet. I am sorry this poor dude is out a hundred quid.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
What's he gonna do? Shoot himself, wake up in his supposed 'afterlife', and grab a taxi to go collect his earnings?

If someone could come back and say what happens after you die, death would be such a mystery, or nearly as scary.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster
If someone could come back and say what happens after you die, death would be such a mystery, or nearly as scary.

Oh?

What if they came back and described a hellish experience?

Also, I don't think proving there is an Afterlife will lessen the mystery of existence. I wouldn't be surprised if the mystery got bigger from it.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by something smells

Regarding life after death how can you prove it? Firstly how do you define that life? Let alone proof it?

Lots of people have brought back experiences, from all around the world, since the beginning of known history.

Ultimately though, as far as our rational minds go, it can't really be considered proof if they came back. Since that would then technically qualify as a near death experience.

That said, I certainly believe in an afterlife. There is tons of evidence for it (not proof).

I feel if we can simply prove that our Minds, er... our "I" consciousness can exist without our bodies, then one could certainly speculate continuing on post-mortem. And there are alot of cases of OOBEs to consider...

[edit on 23-6-2007 by Cloak and Dagger]

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloak and Dagger
Lots of people have brought back experiences, from all around the world, since the beginning of known history.

Yes but are the experiences real? Our minds are darn powerful things and I attribute a lot of the paranormal field to overactive imaginations and blind belief.

Of course it could be that "believers" are right and the paranormal only exists if you believe in it. But that doesn't make it real in this reality. Perhaps it is real in another reality or dimension where our rules don't apply. It could be that entities on the other side are equally having difficulty proving this reality exists to others there

I cant see how he can prove it. Science and the sceptics would say he cant have been dead in the first place.

There could be other processes at work, like the way the diving / cold water reflex shuts the body down, giving the appearance of death. Science could always say that there was a none understood process at work. So as I see it dying and coming back again proves nothing imho. It could be mind tricks.

But what could you bring back from the other side to prove the case? I think the whole question of proving it, is enough a task and some serious time needs to be spent to set up a method. But I suppose if you believe it don't matter.

Anyway, proof of it could be dangerous. Mankind would doubtless invade and asset strip any reality we come across

Perhaps we don't know for good reason.

new topics

top topics

join