It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

water engine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Fuel Cells are a reality... I just have never heard of them being smalling than a 8x8 foot cube

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
so you take water separate it....get hydrogen....burn it and get water....recycle it...and burn it again...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ScienceGuyQ

WHERE THE HELL IS GAS $1.50 A GALLON? Its like $3.50 where i live.

reply to post by PPGrocks

the big issue with recycling it and burning it again, is the power needed to separate the h2 from the o. It still requires an outside source. Not to mention the shear amount of water splitting that needs to go on at a relatively high speed in order to maintain a CONSTANT fuel supply.

I mean, you need to separate the molecules at the same rate as you burn it, else you will have liquid water backing up somewhere in the system.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LeeTheDestroyer

I believe that the man everyone knows of that had a strange death is "Stanley Meyer" (correct me if I'm wrong) but I remember hearing that he was able to split the H2O using very little energy and resulting in a bigger output that can be used for energy.

The supposed method had something to do with the correct resonance vibration of something (electric current?) that allowed the molecule to split at a lower energy..

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Causing people that invent cars that run on water (or any other strange fuel)to Disappear is a waste of time.
Someone else will just turn around and reinvent it next week or month

The need to get a patent on the tech and bury it.

But then again could someone claim that it was old tech if someone tried to patent the idea.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Engines running on water has been around for a while.
I have built a HHO generator for my car. I haven't tested it yet but will once I get my new car.
Also...
www.google.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Not quite the same but BMW have developed a steam jacket engine, standard (as far as standard goes at BMW!) internal combustion engine encased in a jacket containing water. The water boils and at speed a steam driven turbine takes the load off the engine, resulting in increased fuel consumption. Brilliant idea, although it's only on a 7-Series prototype, they probably can't fit it into any other model...

Not the same, but a novel use of water as a propellent.

Sendran.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BlubberyConspiracy

Yes, i have hear of Stan. The patent office claimed that his device was no different than other electrolysis devices....(load of crap if you ask me) But again, he was supposedly creating an overunity engine with the use of the natural resonance of water in combination with a standard electrolysis so that the efficiency was greatly increased...to the point of overunity within a nearly contained system.

One step away from the perfect engine....Somebody didnt like that.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I ran my last car on veggie oil - most old diesel can do it, and the never Vw engines can as well.

Best use for water in an engine i've heard so far was in the 6-stroke engine - injecting water vapour when the engine was hot enough to drive the piston for an extra stroke - pretty nifty.

would love to get my hands on a cheap solar cell for the roof of my car, along with an extra battery to make electrolysis, and then feed the HHO gas into the air intake
- it would still run on gasoline, but the HHO gas should increase mileage.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I have made some of these electrolyzers and they work. Mine not as effecient as Stan Meyers, but it works. the engine still burns gas, just not petro-gas. hydrogen and oxygen. I recommend checking youtub.e for ZeroFossileFuel. He has a great series, and eventually we will all have something to get rid of oil.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
[edit on 5-4-2010 by n1gm4t1c]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by n1gm4t1c
reply to post by ScienceGuyQ

Why would you want an engine run on water? Gas is $1.50US per gallon and bottled water is $3.25US per gallon.

Bottled water is tap water. City water is cheaper than gas per gallon. It's tied to waste management and almost fixed in price. It would free us of foreign oil dependence.Thats why.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by n1gm4t1c]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join