It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

topics... starting to get old

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Are there people out there who are willing to actually find out and discuss NEW information about societies? Why are people so obsessed with certain topics on secret societies that they are constantly making new threads requesting information on topics that have already been discussed and instead prevent this forum from growing?
-Pentagrams and/or the sinister meaning of Washington DC....... theres a new thread every month or so
-Masons: good, bad, secret word, secret geometry,are they magic?, why they are wrong/right.... (its all here already)

look at the top left corner of this website.... it says its been providing 10 years of tin... so why are we not able to move on with the addition of new information?

There is a very good chance that individuals who can add to discussions are turned away by the never ending circles found here. Lets start progressing the knowledge we seek here and promote the effort individuals make in looking for answers to new questions, instead of burying their threads with repetitive babble.

-EyE

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Ok...why dont you begin the reformation.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
How about some of the newly formed secret societies, searchingeye?

You could start with certain motorcycle gangs which are going 'global'.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Perhaps it is due to secret societies being a subject of antiquity?

The Major has never bothered with the cloaked brotherhoods, finding the ones in broad daylight more than sufficient to embroil him in the peckish arts.

Dismissed.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It is my personal opinion that this section of the forum should be closed down. When I joined ATS, I thought that this section would be the most fascinating. Instead, it is a chronic waste of time. Essentially I think two types of people have ruined this section. First, you have those who make wild accusations with no factual support. (Secret Societies is not the only section plagued by these types) These people only serve to discredit legitimate researchers and to reinforce the belief of those in groups such as the Masons that everyone really is out to "get them". Secondly, you have the stodgy old Masons with a persecution complex who have a prepackaged answer for everything which is generally "nothing to see here". This section could be much, much better, but unless something changes soon, I think it needs to be shut down.

[edit on 22-6-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Not so. Good info is here. Maybe not for you but the rest of us find it interesting.........Probably the new ATS member who hasn't this topic.

You can start your own blog if you like but leave ATS like it is.........

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
My main complaint about the alternative theories espoused in this section is that they usually vague and unsourced. I have yet to see one theory espoused here which was not more coherently presented elsewhere on the Internet. Therefore, anything which you can find in this section will be at best, incomplete, and at worst, misleading.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You could always start the 'Revolution'.

Generally I like to think that there are three poster 'archetypes' here:
1. The paranoid Christian fundamentalist that believes that every not-openly-Christian organisation from Boy Scouts to Congress is part of a giant Satanic conspiracy.
2. The posters that leave very vague' theories' (if that) surrounding everything from Atlantis to Freemasons, and often connecting them. Evidence-wise they leave a lot to be desired.
3. Those who seem to believe everything is right with the world and that 'conspiracies' as such do not exist. Move along now.

I agree with you however, and believe that something outside the usual suspects (i.e. Freemasonry, Skull and Bones, Illuminati etc) and subjects (i.e Atlantis, Stargates etc) would definately 'liven up' the Secret Socieities section.

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Secondly, you have the stodgy old Masons with a persecution complex who have a prepackaged answer for everything which is generally "nothing to see here".

Maybe because the 'Masonry is Satanic/Luciferian/Pastafarian!' posters nearly ALWAYS leave the same rehashed arguments which, due to their largely static nature, require nothing outside 'regurgitation' of pevious refutations.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
It is my personal opinion that this section of the forum should be closed down. When I joined ATS, I thought that this section would be the most fascinating. Instead, it is a chronic waste of time. Essentially I think two types of people have ruined this section. First, you have those who make wild accusations with no factual support. (Secret Societies is not the only section plagued by these types) These people only serve to discredit legitimate researchers and to reinforce the belief of those in groups such as the Masons that everyone really is out to "get them". Secondly, you have the stodgy old Masons with a persecution complex who have a prepackaged answer for everything which is generally "nothing to see here". This section could be much, much better, but unless something changes soon, I think it needs to be shut down.

Yes, it seems like every time someone questions something you get some form of 'nothing to see here' answer. Even when asking about something you read in masonic books from Manly P. Hall (he wrote a lot) and Albert Pike himself.

Like this, just for a tiny example:

“When a mason learns the key to the warrior on the block is the proper application of the dynamo of living power, he has learned the mystery of his craft. The seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands and before he may step upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply energy.”
- Manly P. Hall, 33°, The Lost Keys of Freemasonry, p. 48

Then someone may ask about Lucifer and right away there comes a flood of 'nothing to see here' responses. At same time some Christian may join and say this is proof of Satanic agenda. Please...

About Atlantis, whats so mysterious here? They had knowledge and secret societies preserved (part of) that knowledge. It's logical to think that way when you see all sorts of knowledge from times when main occupation of man was goat herding. I don't believe goats or shepherds actually had anything to do with it. But of course you can always say, 'yea and where is the evidence'. It's is in books, Masonic books too and finally -- who cares.

[edit on 23-6-2007 by sb2012]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Obviously you care.

(Mod Edit: Removed Insult)

[edit on 23-6-2007 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sb2012
It is my personal opinion that this section of the forum should be closed down. Yes, it seems like every time someone questions something you get some form of 'nothing to see here' answer. Even when asking about something you read in masonic books from Manly P. Hall (he wrote a lot) and Albert Pike himself.

Like this, just for a tiny example:

“When a mason learns the key to the warrior on the block is the proper application of the dynamo of living power, he has learned the mystery of his craft. The seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands and before he may step upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply energy.”
- Manly P. Hall, 33°, The Lost Keys of Freemasonry, p. 48

Then someone may ask about Lucifer and right away there comes a flood of 'nothing to see here' responses. At same time some Christian may join and say this is proof of Satanic agenda. Please...

About Atlantis, whats so mysterious here? They had knowledge and secret societies preserved (part of) that knowledge. It's logical to think that way when you see all sorts of knowledge from times when main occupation of man was goat herding. I don't believe goats or shepherds actually had anything to do with it. But of course you can always say, 'yea and where is the evidence'. It's is in books, Masonic books too and finally -- who cares.

[edit on 23-6-2007 by sb2012]

Like many who post here, you are angry because you do not get the answers you want. Instead of comming here with an open mind, you come here with preconcieved ideas and get all ticked off when others dont conform to them.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR
Like many who post here, you are angry because you do not get the answers you want. Instead of comming here with an open mind, you come here with preconcieved ideas and get all ticked off when others dont conform to them.

Nah, i am not angry, check earlier posts and you will see i am more or less just wondering why all the secrecy and why is so hard for some to admit, if you have so many politicians inside Freemasonry, there must be political power and ability to manipulate politics.

This is not something hard to figure out, just look at list of masons and you will see not all inside are just for spirituality, far from that. But at same time i am against those who want to portray masonry as an evil organization, especially some Christians love to do that.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If "they" exist I think the plan is to get us talking about the same old groups-Masons,Bilderbergs,B grove,etc and get us going round in circles.
Red herrings and disinformation.

IMO secret societys with any are power are just that, secret.
Like KRS 1 said "real bad boys move in silence"

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I agree with the original topic that we need some new discussions other than the same old crap being repackaged and sold under a new name.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well, few people here always respond in the same manner, that is, 'society is only about enlightenment, we don't do politics or anything like it'. Gimme a break. This of course transforms every potentially interesting thread to some form of apologetic boredom.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sb2012
Well, few people here always respond in the same manner, that is, 'society is only about enlightenment, we don't do politics or anything like it'.

Don't believe what you are being told by members? Check out the website of the UGLE, a well-respected Grand Lodge, at www.grandlodge-england.org. This is what the UGLE has to say on the matter (my bold).

Freemasonry is not a religion, nor is it a substitute for religion. Its essential qualification opens it to men of many religions and it expects them to continue to follow their own faith. It does not allow religion to be discussed at its meeting.

Freemasonry is non-political, and the discussion of politics at Masonic meetings is forbidden.

All regular masonic lodges follow these principles.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The very nature of this forum's subject matter limits the rate at which new material can be released. Since Secret Societies, by definition, do not allow information about them to be released to the outside world, little if any information is going to reach the outside world about these societies. This means the amount of new information about these societies will only leak out sporadically. Even when societies, like Masonic lodges, frequently publish information in the form of a web page or newsletter, the information published is too mundane or boring for this crowd. Perhaps if the moderators broadened the scope of this forum, you might see new information.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I don't believe large forums like this will ever be well suited to in-depth discussion of secret socities. Especially now that the topic has crossed over and become trendy in the mainstream, even more people arrive every day with the same old shallow questions and comments.

There's always plenty of supposed, former, or real members of the lower level, more public "secret" societies around, of course they are always the most vocal, and in almost all cases actually have very little idea what the organisations themselves are all about, and simply parrot the dogma they've been given, really adding nothing at all to the discussion.

In my opinion, if you're really interested in the topic you have to do your own research, because most of the internet, and certainly a popular forum like this is too full of the low-level disinformation junk to be worth much of your time even if you're searching for something specific.

top topics

join