It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does a "decent" political party exist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I've visited this site for a while now, but have just recently registered. My question is does anyone think that there is a "decent" political party that exists? I myself tend to be very Libertarian in many of my views but I still think that if any Libertarians were elected to any positions of power within the government they would quickly be corrupted by this power. Thoughts? Opinions?

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   

no

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Isn't there are a Constitutional party? I could have sworn there was. Makes no difference, they wouldn't have the power or cash to be a viable option. We seem to be stuck with two parties that are about only three degrees from being the same party.
"Their" plan is coming along nicely.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   
That stands for justice, morals and anti-government corruption is always the one NOT in power.

It takes turns between Dems and Repubs...but yes, being a Libertarian (which will never win) means you get to be right ALL the time.... not just half the time.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I myself am a Libertarian.

I myself tend to be very Libertarian in many of my views but I still think that if any Libertarians were elected to any positions of power within the government they would quickly be corrupted by this power. Thoughts? Opinions?

But we KNOW the dems and reps are already both corrupt I would be willing to take the chance if for no other reason than to see some NEW crooks

I tend to agree though I doubt they will ever win americans today are to scared of REAL freedom and grown too fat sucking on the government teat to vote them in

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Isn't there are a Constitutional party? I could have sworn there was. Makes no difference, they wouldn't have the power or cash to be a viable option. We seem to be stuck with two parties that are about only three degrees from being the same party.
"Their" plan is coming along nicely.

Divide and conquor? Is that what you mean?

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I myself am a Libertarian.

But we KNOW the dems and reps are already both corrupt I would be willing to take the chance if for no other reason than to see some NEW crooks

I tend to agree though I doubt they will ever win americans today are to scared of REAL freedom and grown too fat sucking on the government teat to vote them in

Yeah, you're probably right. Libertarians will probably be stuck only getting elected to local governments unless there is a paradigm shift in American's thinking. There is that group that is trying to get a large group of Libertarians to move to a particular state and have a kind of peaceful takeover. So who knows what might actually happen?

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
An internet group of angery Libertarians picked some small city in Maine to move to and become a voting block.

Look for the soon to be released Stephen King novel...

Sometimes They Vote for Evil

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
well depnds what you think is of a decent party. i personally was intrested and became involve in politics at the age of 9. what ive seen is that the republicans are the most decent in geting the country moving and making it idustirous and prosper. the democrats
screw every thing up. BILL CLINTON ie giving billions of dollars worth of technology to the chinese and not killing osma but going after monika instead.
hum democrats especally come up with libreal ideas and some socail program that wont work. if your searching for a decent political party meaning honest, and brings good for the nation republicans get half of it there not honest but bring good to the nation. the best party is no party unless there will be a party that is like the acient greeks and ha direct input from the people

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti

no

exactly. but what we need to do is get rid of the fanatics in all parties and we'll be much better off

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Regarding the "alternate" parties...

The Constitution party....ug

The Libertarian party....seems a bit too anarchist for me. Like it or not, we need government.

The Green Party....closest to my political views, but lacking in leadership. Also, they pissed me off in 2000.

Natural Law Party....seems intriguing, but I don't know much about them.

The perfect politcal party for me is one lead by me....but I guess that's applicable to everyone.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

no

Ditto on that. But there are decent individuals that still want to believe that there is hope for there party. Poor diluted fools.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   

no

That pretty much was my answer too. lol

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Well sure a decent politcal party exists.

But just not on this planet.

new topics

top topics

join