It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When to respond?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hi guys just new here and I have a question about responding to someone in a thread you created, when is appropiate? because in my opinion it would be rude not to answer a question or doubt that someone might have about your original post, but then is also the thing about not trying to direct the discussion towards what your believes are! Where you draw the line?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Best way to handle that is quote the part you are answering, answer it, and move on. If you can also add to the original topic, more the better.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Just being diplomatic..........that always helps

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
Hi guys just new here and I have a question about responding to someone in a thread you created, when is appropiate? because in my opinion it would be rude not to answer a question or doubt that someone might have about your original post, but then is also the thing about not trying to direct the discussion towards what your believes are! Where you draw the line?

You don't just have to give an answer to their comment, you can "RESPECTFULLY" challenge them or agree or even see if their comment inspires you to comeup with something else to do with the original topic.
You know this really sounds alot like conversation to me...

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Participation...

I strictly elective. That being said, if you subscribe to "hit and run" thread starting and posting, the members will quickly catch on, and just as quickly dismiss anything you have to say. If credibility, and respect is important to you, I would recommend engaging in any discussions that you have started, and if the subject become tangential, answer within the bounds of your comfort level.

Most of all... Have fun.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I would say wait a few posts if they have questions as to anything that is relevant in said discussion then respond to them. But I normally wait a few posts before replying to anyone, also try encompassing everyone's questions that you want to answer in one posts giving you the appearance that you know what your doing or a professional sort of look giving people some room to actually believe you.

new topics

top topics

join