It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a Lucid Dreamer?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I lucid dream about 30% of the time. I have wild and spectacular dreaming experiences. The best lucid dreaming is when you question your dream world while dreaming. For example.......I had a lucid dream about a year ago that I can still remember very vividly today.
I was in a large open field with perfect bright sunshine and green grass. I suddenly became aware that I was dreaming and became extremely lucid. I was just floating there above the ground thinking to myself while in this amazing dreamscape. How can this look so real? How is my mind capable of such clear thought while producing such a vivid dreamworld? I remember floating down to the ground under complete control over everything happening and thinking if this was so real I would be able to pick up and examine a blade of grass and toss it to the wind. I was able to do this and the whole time in complete disbelief that this was a product of my mind.

Does anyone else out there lucid dream with such clairity?
Does anyone have any thoughts or theories to share about lucid dreaming?
I would like to hear others talk about their lucid dreaming experiences.

Also if people have any advice for others to become more lucid that would be appreciated

Thanks for your time!

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Yes and no.

Not every dream I have is lucid, but enough where I can call myself a lucid dreamer.

I wouldn't say I have fantastic colors or (typically anyway) crazy adventures where I'm flying around space.

I actually have daydreams which might be "crazier" than any dream I could have.

Most involve an event from the day.

You know what's funny? I remember a dream as a kid of a big open field. It was very bright and the grass was very tall.

It reminds me of the "Elisian Fields" that the Romans and Greeks talked about.

I was running around in a circle with the girl I had a crush on and a few other people (strangers).

I don't remember flying, but it may well have happened.

I have a few other experiences that I will try and remember.

I'll post as soon as I do.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
i have lucid dreams every once in a while

probably not enough to call myself a lucid dreamer but i do have lucid dreams

i have had dreams that seemed so real i would need some sort of clarification that it was just a dream when i wake up

sometimes it can be really scary, sometimes its really pleasant

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies!

Do you guys experience "powers" when dreaming? Such as being able to crush a car with your bare hands, or using your energy for a shield or projecting it outward like shockwave. Also about 90% of my dreams Lucid or otherwise involve running away from an attacking force. I am usually never able to see this force but I know that is after me, and most of the time I am either escaping from its clutches or fighting with it. When I am able to see this evil force it usually embodies itself in human form or an army of some kind.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I lucid dream every night. the more you wake up in the night the more you lucid dream when you fall back asleep. For a Lucid dream every a day, wake up earlier than normal just to go back to sleep untill its the regular time to wake up/

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Thats what happens to me, I wake up to get a drink or use the bathroom and go back to sleep, however I only realize I am dreaming right before I wake up again
I can't seem to get the realization down quick enough to control or enjoy it, just really weird dreams that seem so real I don't realize I am dreaming.

[edit on 21-6-2007 by AMANNAMEDQUEST]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I be came lucid in a dream once, I was on a school bus and was stting looking around at the landscape outside and for some reason I said "i'm dreaming" right after I had said that everything went in slowmotion and sounded really weird for about 3-5 seconds and than I woke up. I haven't been able to become lucid in a dream since.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
Thanks for the replies!

Do you guys experience "powers" when dreaming? Such as being able to crush a car with your bare hands, or using your energy for a shield or projecting it outward like shockwave. Also about 90% of my dreams Lucid or otherwise involve running away from an attacking force. I am usually never able to see this force but I know that is after me, and most of the time I am either escaping from its clutches or fighting with it. When I am able to see this evil force it usually embodies itself in human form or an army of some kind.

Thanks!

hey imadamnalien im a ludcid dreamer and i 90% of the time will have powers in my dreams. mostly because i will myself to have them. funny i found this thread i had a lucid dream the other night and i was in a school full of others who had powers as well. i usually always give myself telekinesis since i think its the sweetest. but i was able to fly the other night. i know what you are talking about when you are running away from some unknown force. i havent really felt that way often maybe a couple of times, but i have a friend who when she is lucid is always being chased, but can never manage to give herself powers. ive had open battles with once ominous prescence a couple of times. ive tried dream jumping but i havent been able to do it. i usually get so caught up in lucid dreams that all i want to do it use my powers. what powers do you usually have? i try to give myself flying, telekinesis and energy manipulation of some sort. ive used energy shields before to deflect and block other attacks. the other night i could absorb powers, much like peter petrelli off heroes.

i very much love being lucid, and i think everyone is capable of it just keep trying different ways until you get it, like anything the more you practice the better it gets.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by parry noid
I lucid dream every night. the more you wake up in the night the more you lucid dream when you fall back asleep. For a Lucid dream every a day, wake up earlier than normal just to go back to sleep untill its the regular time to wake up/

Yeah I wake up about five times a night unfortunately.

Its not that fun though.

I never seem to get a full nights sleep anymore.

However, it is fun to have cool dreams.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamer0
hey imadamnalien im a ludcid dreamer and i 90% of the time will have powers in my dreams. mostly because i will myself to have them. funny i found this thread i had a lucid dream the other night and i was in a school full of others who had powers as well. i usually always give myself telekinesis since i think its the sweetest. but i was able to fly the other night. i know what you are talking about when you are running away from some unknown force. i havent really felt that way often maybe a couple of times, but i have a friend who when she is lucid is always being chased, but can never manage to give herself powers. ive had open battles with once ominous prescence a couple of times. ive tried dream jumping but i havent been able to do it. i usually get so caught up in lucid dreams that all i want to do it use my powers. what powers do you usually have? i try to give myself flying, telekinesis and energy manipulation of some sort. ive used energy shields before to deflect and block other attacks. the other night i could absorb powers, much like peter petrelli off heroes.

i very much love being lucid, and i think everyone is capable of it just keep trying different ways until you get it, like anything the more you practice the better it gets.

This is exactly the kind of conversation I wanted! I love hearing about how others experience lucid dreaming.

Now for your question: what powers do you usually have?

This is the best part of dreaming! Usually I dont have to be lucid to have powers, they come naturally as soon as I enter the dreaming realm.

I can fly all the time....Usually! When I can't fly I usually can jump and glide and fall with a controlled landing. Or jump up onto a rooftop and leap from building to building. I find that when I think about flying while I am flying I usually fall to the ground or feel gravity 10 times more.

Super strength. Since I know everything is in my head, I know that an object such as a car, a large boulder, or even a brick wall aren't real. These objects can be crushed or lifted with little or no effort. I once plowed my shoulder into a brick wall and the whole thing pulverized as I went through it. A speeding car once tried to plow me over and I grabbed it with my hands like tinfoil and threw it hundreds of feet.

The ability to manipulate dream characters. If I see a pretty girl I can just look at her, think about what I want her to do and she will do it, and like it!!!
The feeling is much like what you see in vampire movies when the bloodsucker moves in and entrances their victim. "Look into my eyes."
It's great fun, its too bad I cant do this in real life, or can I

The best power is energy. Manipulating energy in various ways is a lot of fun and very useful inside your dreamworld. I usually find myself saying "Kamehameha" like Goku in DBZ. If you have seen the anime you know that he shoots a beem-like energy through his hands while summoning all the power around him. It is very powerful and I can only do it some times. I once faught a dream character resembling a hooded villian-type. We exchanged powerful energy until I ultimately woke up, never ending the fight.

The last power I have is 100% with me all the time no matter what. If I am confronted with a situation where I cannot free myself or escape, I will simply open my eyes. This is a technique I taught myself when I was very young, I can't remember the first time I used it. At the last minute I close my dream eyes and open my real eyes. Very cool trick.

Oh I forgot.....I can re-enter a dream once awakend. Sorta like a dream TIVO its great!!!

[edit on 22-6-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I guess lucid dreaming isn't an interesting topic. I've heard only 100,000 people can lucid dream in the US. Is this why people can't relate to my crazy dreams. Where are all the lucid dreamers???????!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Oh I forgot.....I can re-enter a dream once awakend. Sorta like a dream TIVO its great!!!

Yeah I think most people who can lucid dream can do this.

I've had this skill since I was a kid.

Its sort of like I am still dreaming. I still imagine it in my head. I can choose how I want it to go when I'm awake. Then when I fall back asleep I just continue the lucidity.

Great find, I almost forgot to mention that

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Thanks for the replies!

I have lucid dreams really often too, and I get very similar dreams. I often dream about apocalyptic scenarios, and Im always on the move trying to get away from an unseen danger or shooting at an enemy I cant visualise but I remember attacking.

At some point in those dreams, there is always a moment where I stop and observe my surroundings off in the distance through a window or something and see a dark sky, and plenty of smoke and some flames coming from buildings and houses. 28 Days Later type of scenarios. Other dreams are very odd and thought-provoking. If a dream is really good, its like being in a movie. I sometimes wake up, then I go back to sleep and resume the same dream
I did that twice in one dream once...

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
After reading about it here and seeing the movie "Waking life" I've been trying to become lucid by doing the light switch trick and once in a while asking myself if I'm dreaming, but I still haven't achieved becoming lucid...
How long would you say it takes with these preliminary suggestions before they start appearing or having effect in ones dreams?

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
After reading about it here and seeing the movie "Waking life" I've been trying to become lucid by doing the light switch trick and once in a while asking myself if I'm dreaming, but I still haven't achieved becoming lucid...
How long would you say it takes with these preliminary suggestions before they start appearing or having effect in ones dreams?

Practice makes perfect.

I was given the gift as a kid.

Not everyone can do it right away.

Try meditating, this may open yourself up a bit more.

I find that if I'm really tired when I go to sleep I tend to have a higher chance of becoming lucid. Sometimes the exact opposite is the case.

Just be open. If you have nightmares often, you may have closed yourself off to it.

I don't really have any tips for you.

One day it will happen.

Have faith in your experiences

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice

First off nobody can tell you how to lucid dream. Like others I guess I am lucky to be born with it.

The way I normally become lucid in a dream is basicly luck. My dreams are so far from real situations I find myself thinking "this isnt real" and as soon as I realize this I instantly become lucid.

I guess if I were to give advice to someone looking to become lucid for the first time........Before you go to bed, make a mental note to observe more while you dream, once you see something that doesn't make sense you usually become lucid or partly lucid. Once you are fully aware that you are dreaming you are able to control certain aspects if not all aspects of your dreamworld.
To teach lucid dreaming is more like describing color to a blind person. Its impossible unless you have seen it or experienced it.
You will eventually lucid dream if you want it bad enough.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I noticed that when I have had lucid dreams that I had a very good night sleep, and that when I was in a very comfortable position before falling asleep and after waking up... so thats the ticket for me, when I have a great night sleep it happens.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I would call myself a lucid dreamer, but not every dream is lucid for me, but when it happens (quite often) it always leads to fun and joy lol.

Every now and then i will have a mind blowing experience, a profound experience, similar to what i experienced on '___'. One i had a couple of years ago (15,16?), i was out in space, floating above some random planet. I really should write them down in a dreambook, but all i can remember is flashes in my mind, and the incredible feeling of joy on that particular occasion.

Recently i have been brushing up on my overall knowledge of things metaphysical and spiritual, and really focusing on my experiences whilst asleep. I posted in the "Out of Body" thread, because i realised that i had been having OBE's all my life, some in childhood were quite frightening, but in the end i realised something; My fear was ball lightning, thanks to a BBC documentary i saw whilst i was very young. I would become very lucid, and my mind would instantly go into shock, and the first thing that i thought of, being a small child, was ball lightning, buzzing, getting closer to my ear.. Sometimes i would try and catch it, get extremely lucid, but never actually "see" it, and catch it under the sheets, with the room being very vivid.

Then when i realised that was the precursor to an OBE it made sense. I let it get closer to my head the next time, filling me with vibration, and then bam, you start to seperate. Just the other week i caught myself coming out of an OBE, hearing the whooshing sound.. I checked outside to see if it was the wind, but it was completely still! I still get the feeling im doing even more stuff when im asleep, but i only remember half of it.

When i smoke, i tend to be very fuzzy in all my states, but i really want to meditate more and clear myself, because i do enjoy exploring with the mind. I think being detoxed and healthly would make for so much more of an experience!

I did this for one week recently, and my dreams were incredabily lucid, interacting with various people i've known, and best of all, dream powers lol! You just wish yourself to have telekinesis, and you get it. But the best by far, is flying.. I just said, 1, 2, 3, jump! and away i go!.. I flew around over my town, got to the river thames, and then got distracted by some car flipping on the ground, and it went back into a dream for a second, then i woke up.

I wish i could share the experience i've had in my 20 years of existence here. My dad won't tell me what he dreams about, but he sounds very distressed in all his dreams.. the cure is so simple too, and thats just paying attention to what you dream about, making connections, and living through bad past experiences.

I discussed this last night with a friend; We spend half of our lifes sleeping. Given the inherent power in evolution, or so they say, then why do we dream? It seems pointless really when you think about it.. until you figure the logical answer, that dreaming IS actually important.

I woke my family up singing in my sleep once
God i love sleep

Me with stuff on my head..

Me with more stuff on my head..

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I'm finding i dream more and more these days, i'd say 7/10 nights i dream, vividly. Never thought about the powers question before, the only thing i can think of is when i'm dreaming i can jump forward (about 20 to 30 yards), i always jump head first though and fall back to earth with a rocking motion, like a leaf falling. Funny thing is, every time i do it, just as i'm floating and about to touch the ground i glance back and there's always someone angrily stomping towards me trying to stamp on me, when they're within a few feet i wake up.

I never wake up stressed from this though, i always feel chilled, with a floaty feeling, the same feeling as when i'm falling like a leaf.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
shrunkensimon
Those are great pics, so funny!
Sounds like your dreams are as messed up as mine.

Origin Unknown
Its weird that a lot of people have this being chased dream. I wonder if it goes back to when we were hunting and gathering, it could be the lions or the things that go bump in the night that we were afriad of being chased by. Dunno its definatly weird though.

Thanks for the replies!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join