It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN + Youtube = Media information control?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Anyone who has been on Youtube recently has noticed that they are teaming up with CNN to have the first ever "CNN/Youtube Debates". I was happy to hear this when the news was first announced, but after some critical thinking, I'm beginning to waver whether this is a good or bad thing.

One cannot exclude the fact that the internet popularity of republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has had a significant impact on the way presidential campaigns are to go about. His popularity on Youtube alone has probably spawned this excessive crave for candidates to create a Youtube channel to broadcast their news.

My theory is that since this "CNN/Youtube Debates" is being touted the slogan "What will you ask the presidential candidates?" I'm thinking it's going to be HEAVILY filtered to fit their agendas. The questions will be filtered to adhere to the "group Think" philosophies of the two parties (excluding the "outside thinkers" within the party), with CNN/Youtube not allowing any deep attentive questions to be shown, instead replacing them with the same boring rhetoric that won't spawn any heavy thinking amongst the American public.

I'm pressed for time at the moment, so I just wanted to ask what everyone else thinks on this matter?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
No one's interested?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I agree. It will be completely filtered. The internet can easily be used to fake democracy as it is to create democracy.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Yup, they are creating this "illusion" of the "people's voice" and allowing the people to voice their opinions...but only after they filter out opinions and only allow opinions they deem necessary.

I believe no hard/tough issues will be discussed, just the same ol' rhetoric we've been hearing thus far.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Perhaps it would be best to have youtube users vote on what questions they deem important rather than having cnn/youtube pick and choose. Anyone else agree?

new topics

top topics

join