It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skirmish: Mycroft V Loki: Technology.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The topic for this debate is "Technology is killing our work ethic."

Mycroft will be arguing for this proposition and will open the debate.
Loki will argue against this proposition.

Each debator will have one opening statement each. This will be followed by 3 alternating replies each. There will then be one closing statement each and no rebuttal.

No post will be longer than 800 words and in the case of the closing statement no longer than 500 words. In the event of a debator posting more than the stated word limit then the excess words will be deleted by me from the bottom. Credits or references at the bottom count as part of the post.

Editing is Strictly forbidden.

Excluding both the opening and closing statements only one image or link may be included in any post. Opening and Closing statement must not carry either images or links.

As a guide responses should be made within 18 hours. However if the debate is moving forward then I have a relaxed attitude to this.

The winner will receive 1000 ATS points the loser (on condition of completion) will receive 500 ATS points. This on top of generous points allocation for Debate forum posts.

The debate will be judged by an anonymous and independant judging panel after the closing statements. Results and comments will be posted when the decision has been made.

This debate is now open, good luck.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Sorry, I need to withdraw from this. I keep thinking I'll have a few hours to put something together "tomorrow", but almost a month later and I still haven't found the time.

My appologies to everyone.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
No worries, we can keep this topic for later.

new topics

join