It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Greenewald Jr on UFO s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Heres John Greenewald Jr (Blackvault.com) talking at the X conference
about UFOs and the US Government.

video.google.co.uk...

[edit on 01/24/07 by karl 12]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The hardest part to take on that entire tape was the fact that I had to look at the Hilton name for so long.

John's got a lot of new stuff starting over at his site, he a heck of a nice fellow.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Greenewald has amassed quite an impressive array of documents over the years. He has put a lot of work into what he does and is a solid contributor to the field of ufology IMHO.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
He certainly very persistent-perhaps the US Airforce and NORAD do not like that in an investigator.
It states hes amassed over 20,000 UFO documents from the US government- though FOIA (even though they denied ever having any interest in the subject)-their behavior seems very contadictory and suspicious.
As for John he seems very intelligent,objective,astute and best of all patient -I wish him all the best.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
"It states hes amassed over 20,000 UFO documents from the US government- though FOIA (even though they denied ever having any interest in the subject)-their behavior seems very contadictory and suspicious."

Sorry,I wrote that John Greenewald Jr from Blackvault.com had amassed over 20,000 declassified UFO documents from various government agencies.
The actual number is over 200,000.
Its a bit much for a 'non subject' isn't it?
What do UFO cynics have to say about this huge amount of declassified material?.....or do they just simply ignore it and hopes it goes away as they do radar/sonar evidence and expert eyewitness testimony?
Thanks Karl

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
What do UFO cynics have to say about this huge amount of declassified material?.....or do they just simply ignore it and hopes it goes away as they do radar/sonar evidence and expert eyewitness testimony?
Thanks Karl

A lot of them will tell you, with a straight face, that this is just you reaching to claim there's any connection between these documents and UFOs. "Just because somebody amassed that many government documents doesn't prove a thing."

But I think it's an incredible amount of work. Though a lot of the documents do not relate directly to UFOs, they do support finding the truth on many subjects in the field.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
"A lot of them will tell you, with a straight face, that this is just you reaching to claim there's any connection between these documents and UFOs. "Just because somebody amassed that many government documents doesn't prove a thing."

Yes the same people would probably never even read the documentary evidence or view the documentary above because they have assumed the UFO subject is 'a lot of silly nonsense'.
Objectivity and impartialty is often sorely lacking with these people.

"But I think it's an incredible amount of work. Though a lot of the documents do not relate directly to UFOs, they do support finding the truth on many subjects in the field."

Yes,many declassified documents do however deal with 'supposed extraterrestrial aircraft with admittance by the US government that some UFOs are:
'Seemingly intelligently controlled objects' which 'display technologies far beyond those of man made devices' .
Its interesting that ,although this may be what the US Government feels about the subject in private,in the public domain the offical response is always:
"UFOs are of no National Defense significance"
Yet ,in 1989, the US Supreme court 'witheld' the release to the public of over 10,000 more declassified UFO documents stating 'National security reasons'.
All this contradictory behaviour by the US Government and the vast amount of documentary evidence about the UFO subject is rarely addressed by UFO cynics - perhaps it is because they will be forced to conclude that the US Government does not share their dismissive mindset(and in fact disagrees with it) .
Regards Karl

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
"The actual number is over 200,000. Its a bit much for a 'non subject' isn't it? What do UFO cynics have to say about this huge amount of declassified material?.....or do they just simply ignore it and hopes it goes away as they do radar/sonar evidence and expert eyewitness testimony?

It's not really a huge amount and the quality of the material is often poor. I was just there at Black Vault. There are less than 50 files in the 'ufology' section. Many of them are PDFs or JPGs which themselves contain many files, so the actual NUMBER of files is much higher than 50, though I can't see how you could claim there were 200,000. I looked through the files on cattle mutilations and on majestic 12. They consist of various memos from agencies, some handwritten, detailing investigations into these matters. The FBI decided (at least with this set of memos) that the MJ-12 docs were fake and wrote the word "Bogus" across the face of all the memos. The cattle mutilations issue had all sorts of memos back and forth, but no definitive information on the actual findings at all. They found some fragments. They assigned responsibility back and forth. They included newspaper accounts. They did what good bureaucrats do and wrote largely boring letters and memos back and forth. It's a real hodge-podge of stuff in no particular order.

There probably are some real gems in these documents. Perhaps if someone actually took the trouble to read through them in an investigative manner they could find these gems. It is a treasure trove, and I'm not knocking what IS there. It IS source material. However, to answer the question, a cynic would say, 'Well, when you find something good in the midst of all that, let us know. The claim of 'huge' doesn't really pan out, and 'huge' is not a synonym for 'quality' anyway. Much of the stuff in there is mundane at best.' It's not so much a matter of ignoring it as it is wondering what all the fuss is about. there might be some cool stuff there, but you'll have to wade through a lot of junk to find it.

[edit on 7/18/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Schuyler ,thanks for the reply(your avatar always makes me chuckle).
As for John Greenwald Jr,hes collected a great many remarkable declassified UFO documents over the years,the film featuring him (and posted above) covers some of your points about clarity,quantity and quality.
Its interesting that the US Government has always maintained that the subject of UFOs is of no 'Defense Significance' and not a 'National Security' issue.
Yet in the UAMs case in 1989 ,the US Supreme court 'witheld' from the public over 10,000 declassifed UFO documents stating 'National Security' issues (so its all a bit contradictory and hypocritical).
Some of the more revealing declassified government documents report UFOs being witnessed by trained military observers over Nuclear facilities and Military installations (some of which are also plotted and corellated on radar).
One report in particular documents UFOs being witnessed by many military personnel over a US Nuclear facility the same time 19 missles went off line(each missle was also on a seperate circuit).
The Base commander later stated:
"If 19 Nuclear missiles going down the same time UFOs are sighted is not a 'National Security' incident ,then I don't know what is".
There are also declassified government documents in which they state the UFO subject to be the highest securirty issue in the US Military-Well Above Top Secret -a full two points higher than the Hydrogen Bomb project.
Also in some reports UFOs are referred to as,
'Seemingly intelligently controlled,actual unknown craft'
With admittance that,
'Some UFOs display technologies far beyond man made devices'
Cheers Karl

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Regarding the post above concerning the Malmstrom incident of 1967 when a UFO was witnessed by soldiers hovering over the silo of a US nuclear facility.
Whilst the UFO was over the silo, 8 nuclear missiles suddenly went off line-each missle was also on a separate circuit.
Information and declassified documents:
www.cufon.org...
I think debunker explantions for this one are conspicuous by their absence
but the description I gave in the above post was somewhat embellished.
Apologies for the factual innacurracies.
Cheers Karl

new topics

top topics

join