It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there still POW'S in Vietnam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

On this coming Friday, June 22nd, the President of Vietnam, His Excellency Nguyen Minh Triet, will meet with President Bush in the Oval Office. Under pressure from US officials and as a gesture of goodwill, prior to his departure for the US, President Triet ordered the release of two prominent dissidents held in Vietnamese prisons. We want him to release hundreds more – our American POWs.
www.enormouscrime.com...

My question is why? If there are still POW's in nam as this book asserts, what's the point of keeping them there?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
the way the story goes, there are approximately 700 POW's in VietNam.

Forgotten thru the years, a book was written and the motorcyclists that went to the White House brought Bush the book. (I dont know who wrote it, i cant remember)

Since that happened, Bush arranged for a meeting with the president of VietNam. He is due to come soon, and spill the beans. Will he tell the truth? One can never tell. I would imagine in the conditions they're in, not many have survived.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I am quite sure that some were there, but I have a feeling that they were probably transferred to the Soviet Union and dissappeared. Just like the German Whermact soldiers that vanished by the thousands after WW2 in Soviet gulags, the same fate probably befell the US soldiers and airmen.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
They are not there, if so only remains of great soliders. I bow to the POW's who was tortured and inslaved over the years we will not see them again I'm afraid.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Many POWs that had knowledge of our nuclear systems were transferred to the Soviet Union. Any POWs that were still being held after the end of the Vietnam Conflict almost definitely died or were transferred to the Soviets a long time ago. The ones being held would have been the ones they thought were most valuable. F-105 pilots, and the like.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I started a thread on this about a year ago here is the thread with a couple good replies.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by crowpruitt
I started a thread on this about a year ago here is the thread with a couple good replies.

But, it's come up again because some vets want Bush to ask the president of Vietnam if they are still there. This happens tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by shai hulud

Good point. The Commies would sure love to have killed some Americans. But...Seriously, the Soviets wouldn't have wanted to start World war three.

top topics

join