It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
I don't plan on hiding. I was trying to make a point.

If necessary, the mountains hold a much greater chance of survival than the plains.

I have been there, my girlfriend lives in South Dakota (well before she moved with me to Arizona anyway).

The plains are great for growing crops, but that doesn't mean the mountainous regions don't have good soil as well. I wouldn't necessarily grow on the mountain, but in the valley right below my house.

I would probably have a few terrace plots, but nothing really substantial.

Plus mountain water is generally much purer than runoff water.

Who knows where water in the plains has been. Its all flat...humans could be using it to clean clothes and animals use it as a dumping ground...literally.

I am not refuting your survival scenario. You may be able live there, but it is not my piece of pie.

I prefer the brisk mountain air.

Just my 2 cents.

Peace, Brother. Just trying to point out the possible advantages of plains living.
I've lived all over the country. All areas whether plains, mountains, deserts, swamps or forests, have both advantages and disadvantages. With the possible exceptions of some areas of the Desert Southwest, most of the lower 48 states is more than suitable for most survival scenarios. With almost no exceptions, the Native Americans thrived almost everywhere.

Any area can be a great retreat area. Human Adaptability is its greatest survival trait.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I believe that one of the huge Alaskan state parks would be choice. You could go far enough to never be found, have plenty of wildlife to catch and eat, and could eat some of the vegatation.

Of course the winters would be harsh, but meat could be stored in the snow and with sufficient shelter and some dried fruits/vegetables it could be decent...

Just my .02

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I live in NC and we have some areas in the Appalachians southwest of Asheville in the Nantahala National Forrest that they will NEVER find you if you didnt want.

<< 1   >>

join