It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Want End of 'Right-Wing Radio'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Too many liberals are spending time listening to these fools just to hear the outrageous things they say. Thats the problem. How many of my friends tell me oh I was listening to this guy on WOR radio and he was saying this and that and he's absolutely nuts. If anything people are listening to them for the shock value alone and possibly for the laughs.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Most of don't understand why they listen to someone telling them how to think. I guess part of being a Liberal is the ability to think for yourself.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
ThePieMaN and mikellmikell

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Too many liberals are spending time listening to these fools just to hear the outrageous things they say. Thats the problem. How many of my friends tell me oh I was listening to this guy on WOR radio and he was saying this and that and he's absolutely nuts. If anything people are listening to them for the shock value alone and possibly for the laughs.

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Most of don't understand why they listen to someone telling them how to think. I guess part of being a Liberal is the ability to think for yourself.

You guys have it all wrong. You're trying to demean the listeners and callers as a bunch of uneducated lemmings looking for a Pied Piper.

I sense an element of fear in your posts. Fear that this thread may win more advocates of talk radio. Fear that liberal agendas may be exposed if brought into the sunlight.

The average listener of talk radio is intelligent and informed. They are also most likely to get involved in the process to change what is wrong in our society. They hear, and are not afraid to listen to, both sides of an issue. They are the worst enemy of those who want to hide what they are doing.

Talk radio has many interesting guests. Senators and ambassadors to discuss pending legislation and foreign policy. Scientists and doctors to discuss stem cell research and cloning. Points of view from both sides of the spectrum that expose the listener to all sides of an issue. And an opportunity for the common man to ask questions of them, and to voice their own opinions.

In other words, talk radio is essential for democracy today. We the people value this very effective expression and exercise of our First Amendment rights, and nothing you say will change that.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell

Actually you got that backwards. Being a liberal is the easiest choice anyone can make. There is no thought process whatsoever. It is all based on feelings, not facts.

Examples...?

Higher taxes on the rich.
Universal health care.
Smoking bans.
TransFat bans.
Higher Minimum Wage.
Gay Marriage.
Welfare.
Social Security.
Affirmative action.
Anti-War.

The one thing that makes talk radio thrive, is that there are hosts out there saying things that people believe, that is not being reported in mainstream media.

When 9 out of 10 journalists contribute to the Democrat Party, it is good to know we have other options available.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 21-6-2007 by RRconservative]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Examples...?

why are higher taxes for the rich a bad idea?

Universal health care.

why is universal health care a bad idea?

i could ask why on most of your points. so please elaborate. or is this just another one of your one time postings?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf

Examples...?

why are higher taxes for the rich a bad idea?

Universal health care.

why is universal health care a bad idea?

i could ask why on most of your points. so please elaborate. or is this just another one of your one time postings?

Thanks for proving my point!

Liberalism is based on feelings, no thought process. Which makes liberalism the easiest choice anyone could make.

Thanks again!

apc

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
There's some thought processes involved... just not very good ones. Things like "Force everyone to comply with my opinion." and "Free speech for me. You shut up."

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Liberalism is based on feelings, no thought process. Which makes liberalism the easiest choice anyone could make.

Thanks again!

And thank you for completely dodging my questions! Seeing as you say conservatism is all about thought, how about you put some into answering my questions?

[edit on 21-6-2007 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

How about a Government talk show, with no callers, just stating STRAIGHT news STRIGHT from the Government, with the Government deciding what is STRAIGHT news? Is that what you are calling for dgtempe?
No no...that would be the Bill O'Reilly radio show in which he sicks Fox Security (yes he does) and calls the FBI on people who do not agree with him. Have a listen.
Its precious.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Thanks again!

And thank you for completely dodging my questions! Seeing as you say conservatism is all about thought, how about you put some into answering my questions?

[edit on 21-6-2007 by InSpiteOf]

Ever heard of the phrase "Quit while you are ahead"?

Well I am so far ahead of you right now it wouldn't be prudent to continue.

But I do appreciate you proving my point!
Thanks!

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Liberals Want End of 'Right-Wing Radio'

www.newsmax.com

A liberal organization has gone on the attack against what it calls "right-wing talk” radio – while acknowledging that it totally dominates the airwaves today.

The Center for American Progress’ new report, "The Structural Imbalance of Political Talk Radio,” questions whether the "companies licensed to broadcast over the public radio airwaves are serving the listening needs of all Americans,” the Center’s Web site states. "Right-wing talk reigns supreme on America’s airwaves.”

According to the report, 91 percent of the total weekday talk radio programming on stations owned by the top five commercial station owners is conservative, and 9 percent is liberal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Ain't THAT the truth. As long as the corporates own the airwaves, this is what you're going to get... The airwaves are supposed to be 'public' - hmmm...really??

Jimbo999

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
ALL THEY ARE ARE HATEMONGERS!!!!!

That's all - spread hate, hate thy neighbor, do as i say and not as i do,

WARMONGERS/HATEMONGERS....perhaps they should speak constructively so some could respect them. I'd have no problem if they werent calling THE LIBERAL LEFT "TERRORISTS", which of course is a crock, and their talking points are all FIGHTIN' WORDS.

Oh tell me it aint so...because it is.

Lies like THE LIBERAL LEFT/DEMOCRATS ARE SUPPORTERS OF TERROR, ARE NOT behind the troops (in other words, we want them all dead) Please, come on, i've never heard such HATRED in my so many years alive.

I know, i have listened so dont tell me stories.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Liberal Intolerance, The "Fairness Doctrine" And The Ministry Of Truth

There was a time when a "Liberal" was a person who advocated minimal government intrusion in the lives of citizens.

By that definition, I'm a Liberal, along with many of the "Great Thinkers" who defined Classical Liberalism.

These days, however, the word "Liberal" usually means "Marxist Totalitarian", and there is no shortage of examples.

These "Liberals" advocate total government control over the lives of citizens and have no tolerance whatsoever for any opinions which differ from theirs.

Those who are calling for government censorship of the airwaves would seem to more closely fit the latter definition of "Liberal".

Oh the irony.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I spoke the truth. They hurt Democrats, non=stop24/7 with FIGHTING WORDS.

I suppose i should just take a VAlium and shut up.

Many here know i speak the truth.

Liberal is our new terminology for those who want peace- Its NEWSPEAK, there are two parties: Republican and Liberal.

Now i'm a left leaning marxist? I dont think so Magic, even though i am happy to see you. :shk:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Liberal Leanings

Originally posted by dgtempe
Now i'm a left leaning marxist? I dont think so Magic, even though i am happy to see you. :shk:

I wasn't out to label anyone here, but very much intended to point out the hypocrisy of self-styled "Liberals" pushing for absolute state control over the "masses", so please don't take anything I wrote personally. :shk:

However, if you are advocating government censorship, then what is the right word for that?

Would I even be allowed to use such a word under a regime of government censorship?

Am I already out of line just sharing my honest opinion on this?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'm hoping people will stop listening, and that will take care of the situation.

I think government intervention is a bit much- and not to be expected, since they are on their side.

Maybe i'm being too hard on Republicans- there must , in fact i know many Republicans whom i love so i know they have lots of qualities i love and admire.

Its just this darned few. :shk: on the air, that's all.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Looks like somebody is listening to talk radio. Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barbara Boxer saying they want a "legislative fix" for talk radio. In other words a muzzle.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
George W. Bush has done some great things, (immigration excluded) but one of his biggest legacies will lie in his 2 Supreme Court nominations. Hopefully he will get one more before his time is up!

This is something that the Supreme Court will surely knock down as Un- Constitutional.

Government limiting free-speech? No wonder this Congress only has a 14% approval rating.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Thanks!

Translation: I have nothing to back my claims up, so i will continue to reinterate a point i have not proven.

Moving on.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Thanks!

Translation: I have nothing to back my claims up, so i will continue to reinterate a point i have not proven.

Moving on.

I have been over this before, but since you are new, let me explain.

Answering a direct question, directly, gives all the power to the questioner. Giving power to you in this situation is not warranted, especially since you proved my point already.

My only advice to you in this situation is to use more of your mental ability, and stop relying so much on your feelings. That is why liberalism is the easiest choice anyone can make. All feelings, no thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join