It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice President Cheney Defied Security Rules; Turned Away Inspectors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
"The Vice Presidency is a unique office that is neither a part of the executive branch nor a part of the legislative branch, but is attached by the Constitution to the latter. The Vice Presidency performs functions in both the legislative branch (see article I, section 3 of the Constitution) and in the executive branch (see article II, and amendments XII and XXV, of the Constitution, and section 106 of title 3 of the United States Code)."

So let me get this straight. He is part of both, but can't be questioned or asked to co-operate regarding one of the two (executive branch)? Does that make any sense to anybody?

I am curious to know how he would react to the legislature asking him to co-operate with them: "Oh, i can't help you guys out; I am not part of the legislative branch".

Can he just flip flop to which ever branch he wants that suites him best at the time?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
In other words Dirt Cheney is using his appointed position to run the Shadow government that is behind the war in Iraq the possible confrontation with Iran and the agenda for the middle east.

I wonder if the office of the vice president was intended to become its own government ruled outside of constitutional laws.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
In other words Dirt Cheney is using his appointed position to run the Shadow government that is behind the war in Iraq the possible confrontation with Iran and the agenda for the middle east.

I wonder if the office of the vice president was intended to become its own government ruled outside of constitutional laws.

I think you're pushing this a little far. According to this, he is considered to be a part of the legislative branch, not neither branch.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle

I think you're pushing this a little far. According to this, he is considered to be a part of the legislative branch, not neither branch.

You know it sounds like loophole to me as long as nobody force him or make him comply with any laws.

He is his own boss.
and . . . he answers to no one including congress or president bush as we can see right now with his attitude.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
[edit on 26-6-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
www.gpoaccess.gov...

he was there under the executive branch in the 2000 edition......

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I think he was willing to be part of the executive branch when the legislature was asking him questions about his meeting with the oil execs a few years back, wasn't he? ya know, executive priviledge and all that.
both his executive and legislative offices get funding by the way, at least for now, but this has kind of irked some of his legislative buddies, they want to pull his funding for his executive offices leaving him with only his legislative funds to get by on.

[edit on 26-6-2007 by dawnstar]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Interesting that you bring his secret oil meetings, after all when he used his friend as a target practice that was during one of his corporate personal meetings.

He also had secret meetings during the enron scandal, I will love to be able as a tax payer and an American citizen to hear what Dirt Cheney A servant of this nation for the people and by the people has been doing in secret.

Dirt Cheney needs to be impeached!!!!!!.

But occurs he doesn't belong to any branch. . . so he said, so he is untouchable

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Shameless plug:
White House, Cheney's Office, Subpoenaed

The Senate Judiciary Committee subpoenaed the White House and Vice President Dick Cheney's office Wednesday for documents relating to President Bush's warrantless eavesdropping program.

The Justice Department and the National Security
Council have also been subpoenaed. This is geting
quite interesting..

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Idunno?, toss him. If such can be done with USA under-rulers? Shoot I recall him being a Sec Defence man reporting to President Bush 1. Thought Mr Cheney did a pretty-good job too.

I have no idea where he may be (semi) leading the world now? He may even still, stand in higher regard to American Civilians than President Bush (Jr).?

Dallas

top topics

<< 1   >>

join