It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS MIX "For What It's Worth"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Okay... here is the RECORDED EXAMPLE of what we are looking for. I put music in the back of MINE, but we only want YOUR VOICE. We will do EVERYTHING ELSE.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE EXAMPLE: www.abovetopsecret.com...

SEND YOUR SUBMISSIONS TO JOHNNY AT:
[email protected]

Hi everyone..... well, now that the Amigos have let the cat out of the bag.... here's the deal. Johnny and I need the membership's help and involvement to make AboveTopSecret.Com's name a household word AROUND THE WORLD. As the ATS MIX show continually grows in popularity, the key to it's success is YOU, the MEMBER.

Johnny and I have created several member participation segments for you to SOUND OFF or participate in. This particular one will be called "For What It's Worth".

We are going to give you 2 Minutes to talk about anything you want, PRO or CON. A few examples would be:

1. The rising cost of gasoline.
2. The healthcare system.
3. The presidential candidates.
4. The possible war with Iran.
5. Anything that TICKS YOU OFF about your OWN COUNTRY.

These are just so you will get the concept. Your 2 minutes of FAME can be about anything you want to rant about, state a position about or simply make the world aware about in YOUR OWN COUNTRY. There are a few ways to get these to us.

1. HIGH QUALITY: Create an audio (podcast) and e-mail it to us. It MUST be UNDER 10 MEG for our mail system. PLEASE do not record any less than 128 kbps for submission. Be sure and state on your e-mail that it is for "For What It's Worth" as we have several things working.

[email protected]

2. DECENT QUALITY: You can call our Skype Account and leave a message on the Skype recording system. Our Skype account is "daverabbit69" for the time being. If you don't want to fool with a Skype account, you can call our Skype-In number at 214-717-4915 (this is a long distance call unless you are in the Dallas area or have free long distance).

INTRO SUGGESTIONS:

"Hi, this is MIKE and my AboveTopSecret.Com USER NAME IS "Sad Sack". For What It's Worth..........." then you do your thing. Your 2 MINUTES is on TOPIC.... the INTRO is a freebie.

One last thing, and I know those of you who know me will get a kick out of the "F-Bomb King" saying this, but you cannot use any BAD LANGUAGE. Trust me, if "I" can do it, YOU CAN!

That's it. As we are just starting out with this segment concept, we would appreciate it at this point if you would limit your submissions to ONE. As we build on the show concepts and experiment with different things, we may increase this restriction at a later day.

Just have fun with it. It's YOUR TIME to give YOUR OPINION for the world to hear... "For What It's Worth!"

The WORLD is waiting to HEAR YOU!

[email protected]

Dave

[edit on 7/12/2007 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hi Dave & Johnny,

You might want to check the Skype VM inbox.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Problem is, I don't think most of us can state our opinion in less than two minutes

I'll definitely send you something once I get a hold of a microphone...Probably won't be for another month or two.

I am excited to see what other members will say though.

Can't wait to listen in to the "MIX!"

Keep up the great work guys.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I guess this is as good a place as any to ask a question. I can't get Quicktime to work for me. I'm sure it's my computer being too old and too little RAM or something.

Do the Podcasts work on Windows Media Player? When I went to the latest Podcast and couldn't get QT to work, I had to leave as my boss (wife) had some plans for me, so I didn't try to get WMP to work.

Is there another player that I could download that is not as resource hungry as QT that would work?

And if I'm asking these questions in the wrong place, where should I go? ( Oh, I left myself open by phrasing the last question in such a manner, somebody is likely to tell me where to go.
Nah, not on ATS.
)

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
NGC,

They absolutely WILL play on Windows Media Player. Just make sure you have Media Player set up to play Mp3 Files.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I normally use WinAmp Pro, no reason though just like it. I have WMP don't use it, no reason just don't like it.

But a nice little program I use for both video and audio is MpcStar Just like WMP but with out all the crap.

MPCStar is an universal video player. With the MPCStar you will be able to play any format of the movies that you download from the internet.
MPCStar is developed using opensource libraries, so it is completely free and contains no spyware or adware. Further more,
MPCStar can block pop-ups of unwanted ads that are common in some films.

* MPCStar contains the following opensource components:

1. Media Player Classic v6.4.9.0
2. FFDshow Codec Pack v20060828
3. RealPlayer 10.5 Codecs & ActiveX controls v6.0.12.1483
4. QuickTime Codecs v7.1.3.100
5. DirectVobSub (a.k.a. VSFilter) [version 2.37] www.mpcstar.com...

oh yea to get back on track I think my mike is toast so I will probably do the phone in thing.

[edit on 21/6/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I think it might be worth saying that there is no difference in a podcast and a mp3. They are one and the same... So if you can play a mp3 (regardless of the media-player), then you can hear a podcast.

Hope that helps clear up any transient thoughts...

Johnny

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
So we can spout off about American issues then

ATS is global so lets have a global agenda where we can all say what we want say from around the world.

Wolfie

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave Rabbit
Create an audio (podcast) and e-mail it to us. It MUST be UNDER 10 MEG for our mail system. PLEASE do not record any less than 128 kbps for submission.

You've discussed how to play the recordings, but what is the best way to go about making a recording for submission? I have a mic and your average WinXP based system. Is there software that comes w/ XP that can accomplish this? Do I need to download something?

Thanks for the help.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This particular segment can be about any issue.... even for those of you Non-Americans..... this is about the MEMBERS here on ATS. The only censorship will be vulgarity in any form. We must start being FCC compliant NOW for other opportunities down the road. By the way, the 2 Minutes is a STARTING POINT for this. We will ADJUST the timing as we see how people do until we find a COMFORT LEVEL for you. What we don't want to have is DEAD SPACE or RAMBLING.
Which is what I am doing right now.

Dave

P. S. I'm NOT a technical person.... so others with knowledge about software, etc. will have to pick up the slack on those questions. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This might be of help for everyone...

The Idiots Guide to Podcasting, by mrwupy

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I havent been around for a couple of weeks... what cat was let out of what bag?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts
You've discussed how to play the recordings, but what is the best way to go about making a recording for submission? I have a mic and your average WinXP based system. Is there software that comes w/ XP that can accomplish this? Do I need to download something?

The best tool is Audacity and it's completely FREE!

audacity.sourceforge.net...

NOTE - Make sure you also download the LAME encoder and follow the directions (it's very easy) which allows you to save your files as mp3.

In Audacity under Edit > Preferences > File Formats you'll be ablke to change the export bit rate (128 kbps preferred for this show).

I also use CastBlaster, which can also do 128 kbps and is FREE for use of 10 minute or less recordings.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Audacity is a recent acquisition for me, and I do like it. I don't have any of the sound effects for it, but I do have the basic recording capability.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Alright,looks good from here guys.Lovin the shocking uncovering of what several of our members look like. I'm going to sound off on the gasoline prices section.

It's strange though since i was just thinking about that two days ago as i looked at a sign which read 101.30 or something like that.

Alright let's get this ball rolling guys.

Edit:WEll it looks like the mix forums are up and running awesome..Dave since i see your picture there whats this whole ats mix:studio thing going to be?

[edit on 21-6-2007 by toraylin]

[edit on 21-6-2007 by toraylin]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
For those of you who have no idea how to record and have an XP-based system, you can just use Windows Movie Maker. All you have to do is open it up, click on "Tools", and "Narrate Timeline". Make sure the input source is "Microphone", and click "Start Narration". After you click for it to end, it will ask you what to save the file name as.

I'm a little bit confused on the format, though. When we e-mail it, does it have to be in .mp3 form, or can it also be in .wma form?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hi..

First off Toraylin.......

ATS MIX: Information --> announcements, press releases, schedules, etc.

ATS MIX: Shows --> where the show podcast threads will appear, and threads for each daily radio show when that kicks in.

ATS MIX: Studio --> where you and we and members collaborate on show ideas, concepts, guests, etc.

ATS MIX: Guests --> where podcast or on-air guests hang out for a bit after the show, and answer additional questions from members.

That is straight from the bosses. I think they also talk briefly about it on the threads themselves.

Now SonicInfinity any of the Windows based forms are fine. We prefer MP3, but WMA and AVI is fine too... we can convert them easily. Although we would PREFER not to get files associated with APPLE/QUICKTIME, although I have the PRO version and can convert them, we would have to convert it to an .AVI file first and then into a MP3. We are trying to LIMIT the amount of work so we can concentrate on CONTENT!

Hope that answers everyone's questions. If not... give us a shout.

Dave

[edit on 6/21/2007 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Sounds like a good idea

Glad to see that we can cover anything - admittedly when I first saw this it looked like you were plugging for solely american issues because of what you'd written but then I realised that what you'd shown were only examples

Quick question though - I assume you just want the talking - alot of podcasts are set to some kind of backing music but I'm guessing this might cause you copyright/royalty issues if they are played in the states following the recent changes in the way internet radio royalties are handled?

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Great question... thank you. YES, we want your recordings DRY and without any kind of music or other things in the background. We have a professional team that will take care of everything else. Just try and give us the BEST thing you can... and our group will do the rest to make each of you sound the BEST that you can.

Dave

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Dang. I would so be into this if only I knew anything about doing a "pod. cast.".

I know a lot about how to record music onto an 8-track analog '70s vintage doohickey. And I know something about navigating through Windows.

But, this new stuff that the whippersnappers are into? Not so much.

Dang!

[edit on 23-6-2007 by Tuning Spork]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join