It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Paranoia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Interesting Thread.... I will try to sum it up.

What you call "Paranoid" (and it would depend on the topic of course) we call "PERCEPTION".

We have seen Europe trade "freedom" for "security" and we don't really want to live like that. Your in the UK, one of the most police state "free" countries in the world where you don't even have the right to Defend Yourselves! Political Correctness run to the extreme. You can't even address your fundamentalist islamist there without being called a racist or bigot.

Point Blank.... Our "Paranoia" is that We don't want to turn into You!

Britain tops European crime league (19 Apr 2008)

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Britain has one of the worst crime rates in Europe, a report said yesterday.

It is the most burgled country in Europe, has the highest level of assaults and above average rates of car theft, robbery and pickpocketing. Only Ireland has a worse record.

Overall, nearly one third of EU citizens said they were afraid of burglary and did not feel safe on the streets.

Scotland's murder rate is fastest-rising in Western Europe, UN finds
Scotland's murder rate is the fastest-rising in Western Europe and the sixth-fastest in the world, according to a new report by the United Nations.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 29-3-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Americans are paranoid? I almost laughed out loud, and am still smiling after reading the many replies.

It is possible that many Europeans haven't had to consider their own "bogeyman" or "bogeymen" for many years, as a great amount of comfort and security was felt, knowing "Big Brother" had their backs.

Thus, a certain level of intuitive unawareness of the true bogeymen has likely been bred out of our European friends. After all, with MATO, or Mostly American Treaty Organization, most of Europe has been able to concentrate on becoming civilized, construct an artificial aura of "breeding," and are free to voice their disgust and disdain for the more crude, base, violent, militaristic, Americans.

My grandfather, a farmer in America, was compelled to go to Europe, and not to see the sights. He served in an infantry company fighting Germans.

My father and uncles, also went to Europe, and they too didn't go to see the continent. They went to fight, and some died there.

I suppose that we Americans, want to double our pleasure and double our fun. If we do travel outside the US, we want to kill the locals. Come to think of it, I did the very same thing.

I do apologize for my country, our penchant for violence, and our lack of "European polish."

Like hell I do.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
That's a good question OP.

I'm an American, but I never realized how paranoid the American society was till a few years ago. I think I can understand where some of it stems from tho. I don't consider myself paranoid, but I do realize that the government lies (whose doesn't??) about lots of things, from the Kennedy assasination to the reasons we have to go to war and everything in between. Not to mention the religious zealots who love to instill the fear of God into people. Some people just scare easily I think, and fear leads to paranoia in some instances.

As I see it tho, life's too short, and I'm not going to waste it when there's so much to see and do, rather than spend everyday worrying if this is the day the boogeyman is coming to get me.

On a side note, not sure who said 80% of us American's don't travel or own a passport, but I'm one of the 20% who loves to both travel and own a passport and I'm not afraid to use it.
I actually spent 6 weeks in England last summer, and I have to say, it's been one of my favorite vacations so far, actually I'm going back soon! You Brits are the best!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Valorian, you left out Iran/Contra Nicaragua Sandinista jungle war… OPPS, my bad, Contra Rebel training op I was a part of.

Speaker, you are spot on. You should check out the thread on 'Crazy Rep. Michele Bachmann Calls for Armed Revolution'. After serving in 5 ‘little’ Uncle Sam all paid overseas excursions, I don’t THINK there is something wrong, I KNOW.

As I said in the above mentioned thread: “Brother Jake, I have prayed and dreamed of this day of awakening; yet with the questions of perhaps avoiding the coming inevitable armed struggle I wonder how deeply the opiate of the powers that be’s status quo left/right false paradigm has poisoned the American soul. With the Churches’ “we’re outa here” we’ll fly away false teaching mentality, it seems to this old soldier at times we have some sort of national suicide wish; hope against hope, when by definition insanity is doing the same things and expecting different results.”

[edit on 3/29/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm preparanoid. Meaning that I am well versed in history and technical knowledge to know when I should prepare for something and turn the paranoid switch up a little. Otherwise I just live life, party and try to enjoy what I have while I am alive to do so.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I would also like to know how "Americans are paranoid about your children, your spouses and $$$$.".....

I mean really...this is just too much...Americans paranoid about their own children, spouses, and the money they make?......

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Some cultures are much akin to live lobsters in the pot. You gradually turn up the heat, and they don't seem to notice/mind.

Before they know it, it's time to EAT!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I guess you don't believe groups like the following exist. Or maybe you are one of those people who thinks Americans made them up..

Youtube.com

youtube.com

And of course, there is the following too, among the many problems why Americans should be alarmed.

Homegrown Jihad

Also, perhaps you should listen to another problem that is encroaching the U.S., and which happened in your own country already.

At least do watch the following, and see what your own people, the British, are saying.

The British Want Their Guns Back

[edit on 29-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nescafe8572
Sorry wasn`t trying to flame bait.I`m British and I live in two different countries in Europe, never had a problem with my countries political decisions,WHY? because nobody cares.

I`m trying to say stop worring and get on with living, have fun.

i`m sincerely sorry if I come across aggressive, I like hard, intelligent debate, and I can still shake hands and be friendly after.

BYE

[edit on 22-6-2007 by nescafe8572]

THAT is precisely why 'Mericans seem so paranoid... we DO care about political decisions. We are split into several political ideals, and are always pointing the finger at each other yelling "WITCH! WITCH!" because we care about the decisions that our political leaders make for us. To the rest of the world it may look like we elected the higher-ups, but in reality there was an election between people that nobody really knows anything about. If we were truly electing "Representative Officials", I'd be voting for the nice guy who doesn't want war... but I'm sure he would get set up and ousted for not "playing ball". That's the sad reality. We are paranoid because a lot of us know that our entire government has become a fallacy to the intended ideals.

This next part goes to EVERYONE:

Take it from a 'Merican... I don't want to be fighting any wars at all. I don't want bases all over the world. I don't want American Occupation in other countries. But, we kinda have to have bases in other countries (just like Russia, China, Australia, Britian, etc.) to keep other countries in check. If we didn't, other countries would have bases here, and probably would have taken over our country by now. Who knows... but you get my point? It's not just Americans at fault here.

And on who's more at fault, I would like to point out that Americans technically didn't exist until after occupation of the land. By all technicalities, fingers should be pointed at the European country that has occupied and taken over more of the world than any other society in history (with maybe the exception of the Persians?). In fact, this single country started the destruction of native people on 2 separate continents upon successful occupation! As well as starting the African slave trade, this particular country also slaved many other countries peoples. Americans didn't start the slave trade, Europeans did, by all technicalities.

So, in a sense, America is the product of said country. If your kids are trying to act hard like L.A. gangs, stop and think about that circle... also, gangs aren't any different than in any other country. Gangs are just working (originally... now they are more organized) off of the old protection of territory, in my opinion no different than a country occupying another country, albeit on a basically more pitiful level. It's a circle of hell that just needs to stop. It started at the dawn of man as far as anyone can tell, and it goes on today. There really is nobody to point the finger at except ourselves, but trying to make America out like it started this whole mess is idiotic. Wonder why we are so paranoid? Watch our news, understand our history, especially concerning our government and it's involvement with corporations. Seriously, we were stupid enough to elect in the SON AND GRANDSON of a man who was part of an attempted coup to take over America! Why are we paranoid? Because we know that there really is a group of people to blame for alot of the world's messes, and it isn't just some in our government. It's world leaders and world influences working together for an agenda. It's transparent, yet nobody believes what is in front of their eyes, so they go back to not caring. We are paranoid because the actions of a few have affected an entire country, and left us hated by the rest of the world. We are paranoid because we figured out that we were being brainwashed and are now waking up to find that we are a bit past getting things right again... we are to the point that we will have to restructure our entire government... convenient for someone(s) who would like to see a one world fascist government. The fall of a great country, only to be recombined to make a union that, by alleged admission by a few, will enable certain prophecies to be fulfilled.

I am paranoid because if I say ANYTHING that could be misinterpreted by, say, a nosey neighbor, I could be locked up for an indefinite amount of time for "National Security Reasons". I'm paranoid because I know that I'm not really "Free" in the common sense... sure, I have free will, but the consequences for my actions (be it good samaritan or something vile and nasty) are not going to be just. I could get a pat on the back for killing a man, or be locked up for life for a couple words. I'm paranoid because the actions of a few with 'special interests' have begun the ruin of the world and pinned it on America.

Like I said earlier, that is directed at EVERYBODY (Americans and 'Mericans as well!)

Descendents put it good in 'Merican (this is why I keep referring to American and 'Merican)

"We flipped our finger to the king of england
Stole our country from the indians
With god on our side and guns in our hands
We took it for our own
A nation dedicated to liberty
Justice and equality
Does it look that way to you?
It doesn't look that way to me
The sickest joke I know

Chorus
Listen up man, I'll tell you who I am
Just another stupid american
You don't wanna listen
You don't wanna understand
So finish up your drink and go home

I come from the land of Ben Franklin
Twain and Poe and Walt Whitman
Otis Redding, Ellington,
The country that I love
But it's a land of the slaves and the ku klux klan
Haymarket riot and the great depression
Joe McCarthy, Vietnam
The sickest joke I know

Chorus

I'm proud and ashamed
Every fourth of july
You got to know the truth
Before you say that you got pride

Now the cops got tanks 'cause the kids got guns
Shrinks pushin' pills on everyone
Cancer from the ocean, cancer from the sun
Straight to Hell we go

Chorus 2x"

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian
After much time on this site I have come to a conclusion that most Americans are extremely paranoid about one thing or another. Be it politics, mediacl issues, your children, your spouses and $$$$.

And for good reason! Except I wouldn't call it "paranoid."

We had (and undoubtedly still have) a shadow government that wouldn't hesitate to murder 3,000 of it's own citizens in order to provide the justification to start two wars that will kill millions more.

P.S. But so do you, in case you haven't investigated the 7/7 London bombings.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by GoldenFleece]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join