It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Paranoia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
After much time on this site I have come to a conclusion that most Americans are extremely paranoid about one thing or another. Be it politics, mediacl issues, your children, your spouses and $$$$.

I would like to know why??? this is so ingrained into a 1st world society.
Is it taught by parents, genetic
or is it just a an out of control society on the verge of collapse that is doing this?

I don't mean any disrespect but am interested to know the answer/s

Valorian

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This is because exploring new and unknown is what Americans like to do. Europe is too conservative, Asia has other problems, Africa is barely alive.

Another factor is a lot of Christian anti-NWO propaganda. Americans are more religious, so that contributes a lot too.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Its a good question. Its something I've noticed.

There seems to be a need for the US to have a bogeyman - some kind of enemy that has to be fought.

Its hard to get into a decent debate about it. I have some ideas of why but to be honest, if I put them onto the board the whole "Team America - ^&*! Yeah!" brigade will appear and instead of getting a conversation it will turn into a slanging match.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sb2012
This is because exploring new and unknown is what Americans like to do. Europe is too conservative, Asia has other problems, Africa is barely alive.

Another factor is a lot of Christian anti-NWO propaganda. Americans are more religious, so that contributes a lot too.

hmmmm, maybe not though as most 80% of Americans do not travel or even own a passport, so exploring ended when the founding father landed in the Mayflower??

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Its a good question. Its something I've noticed.

There seems to be a need for the US to have a bogeyman - some kind of enemy that has to be fought.

neformore - I have to agree with you on the Bogeyman issue.
Since 1900 what has been the US bogeyman:

1) WW1 (exempt)
2) WW11 (exempt)
3) Panama
4) Russia
5) N.Korea
5) Vietnam
6) Afghanistan
7) Iraq
8) USA itself (citizens)

There a more but at least 8 in 100 years so every decade a bogeyman has been invented to keep in check.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
A comprehensive list of American Wars and their involvement in others since 1775

The American Revolution
1775-1783

The Indian Wars
1775-1890

Shay's Rebellion
1786-1787
Rebellion
Anti-(state)Government Rebels vs. Massachusetts

The Whiskey Rebellion
Rebellion
Anti-Tax Rebels in Western Pennsylvania

Quasi-War With France
1798-1800
Inter-State (Naval) War
France

Fries's Rebellion "The Hot Water War"
Rebellion
Anti-Tax Rebels in Pennsylvania

The Barbary Wars
1800-1815
Inter-State War
The Barbary States
(Tripoli, Algiers & Morocco)

The War of 1812
1812-1815
Inter-State War
Great Britain
The Growing & Troubled Republic

Primary Name of Conflict Dates of Conflict
(U.S. Involvement Only)
Type of Conflict Primary Opponent(s)
of the United States

Mexican-American War
1846-1848
Inter-State War
Mexico

U.S. Slave Rebellions
1800-1865
Slave Rebellions
Various Slave groups

"Bleeding Kansas"
1855-1860
Civil War (state of Kansas)
Pro-Slavery vs. Anti-Slavery Kansans

Brown's Raid on Harper's Ferry
Rebellion
Anti-Slavery Rebels (Led by John Brown)

United States Civil War
1861-1865
Civil War
United States (The North)
vs.
The Confederate States (The South)

U.S. Intervention in Hawaiian Revolution
Internal Rebellion & Foreign Intervention

The Spanish-American War
Inter-State War

U.S. Intervention in Samoan Civil War
1898-1899
Civil War & Foreign Intervention

U.S.-Philippine War
1899-1902
Colonial War, War of Imperialism

Boxer Rebellion
Internal Rebellion & Foreign Intervention
Chinese Government & "Boxer" Rebels

The Moro Wars
1901-1913
Colonial Wars
Philippine Muslim Rebels

U.S. Intervention in Panamanian Revolution
Secessionist Revolution & Foreign Intervention
Colombia

The Banana Wars
1909-1933
Civil Wars & Foreign Intervention
Various Rebel Groups In Central America

U.S. Occupation of Vera Cruz
Inter-State War
Mexico

Pershing's Raid Into Mexico
1916-1917
Inter-State, Border War
Mexican Government & Mexican Rebels ("Bandits")

World War I
1917-1918 (American involvement only)
Inter-State War
Germany

Allied Intervention in Russian Civil War
1919-1921
Russian Bolshevik (Soviet) Government

World War II
1941-1945 (American involvement only)
Inter-State War
Germany, Japan & Italy

The Cold War
1945-1991
Global Inter-State Cold War
The Soviet Union & Communist China

The Korean War
1950-1953
Inter-State War
North Korea & China

The Second Indochina War "Vietnam War"
1956-1975
Civil War, Inter-State War
North Vietnam & South Vietnamese "Viet Cong" Rebels

U.S. Intervention in Lebanon
No real foe for U.S. Troops landed to support Lebanon Gov.

Dominican Intervention
Rebels in the Dominican Republic

The Mayaguez Rescue Operation

News Story 1975 (May 15)
Hostage Rescue & Inter-State Conflict
Khmer Rouge Guerrillas (the new government of Cambodia)

Iranian Hostage Rescue "Desert One" or "Operation Eagle Claw"
1980 (April 25)
Hostage Rescue & Inter-State Conflict
Iran

U.S. Libya Conflict
1981, 1986
Inter-State War
Libya

U.S. Intervention in Lebanon
1982-1984
Civil War,Foreign Intervention & Inter-State War
Syria & Various Muslim and Leftist Lebanese Militias

U.S. Invasion of Grenada
Inter-State War
Marxist Grenadian Faction & Cuba

The Tanker War

"Operation Earnest Will"
1987-1988
Inter-State War
Iran

U.S. Invasion of Panama
Inter-State War
Panama

Second Persian Gulf War "Operation Desert Storm"
Inter-State War
Iraq

"No-Fly Zone" War
1991-2003
Inter-State War
Iraq

U.S. Intervention in Somalia
1992-1994
Various Somali Militias

NATO Intervention in Bosnia (Operation Deliberate Force) Summary
1994-1995
Civil War,Foreign Intervention & Inter-State War
Bosnian Serb Rebels

U.S. Occupation of Haiti
Foreign Intervention
Haitian Government

U.S. Embassy bombings and strikes on Afghanistan and Sudan (The bin Laden War)
August, 1998
Terrorist Conflict

"Desert Fox" Campaign (part of U.S./Iraq Conflict)
December, 1998
Inter-State War
Iraq

Kosovo War
Civil War, Foreign Intervention & Inter-State War
Yugoslavia/Serbia

Attack on the USS Cole
October 12, 2000
Terrorist Conflict
Terrorists associated with Osama bin Laden

Attack on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon
September 11, 2001
Terrorist Conflict
Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida organization

Afghanistan War (Operation Enduring Freedom)
October 7, 2001-Present
War against Terrorism
The Taliban and Osama bin Laden's Al-Qaida organization

Third Persian Gulf War "Operation Iraqi Freedom"
March 19, 2003-Present
Inter-State War
Iraq

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think it also has to do with the fact that I believe quite a few Americans like a fight, and so there always has to be something to fight against. Even if it comes to being the government.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
its becasue in america its all about the benjamins.. and money turns into greed and greed turns into hurting the people around you.. so in America we watch our back

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think it is because Americans are the most controlled and brain washed society in the world. Our news full of so much fear it is staggering, no wonder we are paranoid about everything. From Internet Predators, to kids playing outside wearing every piece of protective equipment that a company can think of, to our terror alerts, car jackings you name it. Not to mention the scary state that our country is in, and how much we have been lied to by our government. It's almost hard not to be paranoid, let alone to the few of us that actually understand what is going on in this world!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian
After much time on this site I have come to a conclusion that most Americans are extremely paranoid about one thing or another.

Yeah, but, is that just the Americans on this site? Because if you based your conclusion on Americans visiting ATS, of course you will see mostly paranoid people.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think it's due to the fact that people,many at least, are starting to realize that things are not as they should be. There always seem to be ulterior motives for everything that politicians, clergymen and the media do. What knowledgeable person wouldn't be "paranoid" in such a society?

[edit on 21-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

Yeah, but, is that just the Americans on this site? Because if you based your conclusion on Americans visiting ATS, of course you will see mostly paranoid people.

No not really, I do realise that on ATS paranoia is rife, but my conclusions have also come from news items, conversations with people and a general overview that I get is a country really trying to come to terms with itself.

The Bush administration has really gone to town and have been making people suspect their neighbours and friends, it starts to become a self-fulfilling prophecy in the end, which would be sad

[edit on 22-6-2007 by Valorian]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
There just different, thats all countries differ.the UK is become as paranid as the US.

Only this week I`ve passed through three European Airports and no Security problems with liquids in hand luggage.I carried water,deodrant etc etc nobody interested, no security posters warning of liquid threat. Nada.I`m leave soon and I have to leave extra time for checks and am only allowed max 100ml liquid in a clear plastic bag, no water no medication unless supported by DR form.BLAH BLAH BLAH.I feel like tell them "I bet terrorist don`t have to go through all this hassle" no they don`t they will just take a plane from Europe oh but they havn`t tried that I wonder why.

[edit on 22-6-2007 by nescafe8572]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by nescafe8572
There just different, thats all countries differ.the UK is become as paranid as the US.

You may be right, I think Britain has the potential to go that way, but I don't think so, there is a different mindset here in the UK to that of the USA.
Lately Heathrow has started to implement 2-3 hours pre-check boarding - Oooch

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Part of it, I believe is misplaced priorities. Many have become complacent in what they perceive is their own reality.

But if there was some life changing event, a lot of the things that had once induced this paranoia, will become trivial in comparison.

I don't consider myself to be paranoid. I do believe that there are many conspiracies involving many of the things mentioned in the opening post. However, I know what MY priorities are, and many times my interest in conspiracies or conspiracy theories, takes a back seat to what is happening in my life, right here, and right now (things that I have some direct control over).

2 cents.

removed "catastrophic", as the life changing event wouldn't necessarily need to be a catstrophy.

[edit on 6/22/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian

Lately Heathrow has started to implement 2-3 hours pre-check boarding - Oooch

There is also the new ISA (i think) started on tuesday where by any plane entering the ritain didn`t) all passengers names,address and DOB have to be forwarded and entered into the computor and everybody checked before the plane can enter.

Unless I`ve become stupid isn`t that what the Passports are for.And don`t Security relise that the terrorist got away with it in the US was because it was internal flights with no restrictions at all.The security in Europe has always been good enough.They managed to blow up the underground in Madrid are the Spainish checking passengers NOPE or buses in London so whats the problem here in the Airports.

Then again I`m flying next week your all doin a good job, please allow me back in the country

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
American is a very vase place. Lots to see and explore. Why go to another country when America is so huge and so much to explore. Allot of Americans are worried about other countries and there feelings about us. So much lately of America bashing that why would we even consider going anywhere else but here. I think we see other countries like Briton, watching them through cameras and even hearing them speak is alarming. Our Government of course takes blame of fighting everyone else’s war. You see we Americans are really tired of fighting wars. But if we do not, then who will protect those who can not protect themselves. People from around the world think of us as bullies. We are in a way by default the world’s police. I mean who is going to take on the task of policing the trouble spots in the world. I bet the ECU and other countries would not even think about doing so while there is the USA to do so. Why are we paranoid. We are because the actions or the lack of actions taken by the few. Let’s say we did not take any actions from a reactive country that wanted to kill people just because of religious values. What in all of your collective wisdom do in such a situation? I am getting tired of doing what is right for the world while getting blamed by the few who want us not to be around and watch them do in front of you and unsightly things to others. It almost seems to me that we have to take a moral ground here to take a stand and say NO MORE. This is what changes us from another country. We can speak still and not go to jail for what we speak. Many of us are very observant. Its almost like we American are forced by other countries to do there dirty work. I am tired and so are others here tired of fighting for you and dying for you and the rest of the countries. But if we do not then we are at fault. This fault is a burden to all of the people who want to live free. We also do not like and feel threatened by laws of others who feel it is there law that set forth the right path. See we all agree to disagree. And we will never ever agree in full to other laws that seem suppressive or invading our rights. When such laws are passed here we in our minds feel like we have been conspired against. Hence why Americans are conspiracy nuts. To ask a question like yours to us takes allot of explaining of why and what ifs.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by zman
Why go to another country when America is so huge and so much to explore.

You`d be supprised how much your missing.

Allot of Americans are worried about other countries and there feelings about us.

Nobody really cares outside of the net and the media, I past American tourist everyday I haven`t seen any being disrespected at all.Stop believing the hype, fight the paranoia and frankly "Get a Life"

Nobody has asked America for anything.Stop with this garbage please.

this is exactly why you guys get bashed (Only on the net though).Its easy to hassle people on the web but in real time face to face NADA.Unless ofcourse your planning to got to the Middle East and any other country where you`ve killed women and children.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You`d be supprised how much your missing.

Yes alot of stuff here to miss.

Allot of Americans are worried about other countries and there feelings about us.

Nobody really cares outside of the net and the media, I past American tourist everyday I haven`t seen any being disrespected at all.Stop believing the hype, fight the paranoia and frankly "Get a Life"

I have a life. I life of freedom and liberty and you?

Nobody has asked America for anything.Stop with this garbage please.

Not garbage .. If we do not intervine and stop injustice , then who will?
Will you just let the garbage pile up?
Or are you too deep to see around yours?

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zman

Yes alot of stuff here to miss.

Ofcourse America has some very fine places,food etc etc etc.

I have a life. I life of freedom and liberty and you?

No you don`t, your scared to move around the world, your self proclaimed POLICING has resulted in your freedom being removed.

Think about it

Not garbage .. If we do not intervine and stop injustice , then who will?

Batman and Spiderman

Its not Americans position in life to police the world, when the IRA were attacking London the British didn`t start a war with Libiya who trained them.America can police there country the rest of the world isn`t your business.

Will you just let the garbage pile up?

You think Iraq will every be free.How stupid are you, if your gonna clean the Garbage at least learn how too before trying.

Or are you too deep to see around yours?

Well I do live in a country where our youths are trying to become as tough as the gangs in LA.We have people copying all the garbage that is American, there are drive by shotting,colours etc etc etc.

So i suggest you clean your country and when its extremly clean and tidy then you can come and simple inform us how too so we might if we want too follow your example.

If you enter somebodies house be pollite and don`t enforce your rules and opinions, we really don`t like strangers telling us what to do in our houses.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join