It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when CAN $ > USD $ = AMERO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
i believe soon after the Canadian dollar over takes the American dollar we will see more talk about the amero. Something will happen that will put the amero into place. seeing as it is mathematically impossible for US to pay back its own dept.

Anyone else see this coming?

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think we will go to Amero much faster than you think and we will go to it before CDN overtakes USD.

look at this
www.youtube.com...

we're closer to it than you think

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
As a Canadian I've always marveled at how sacred the printed dollar seems to Americans. From what I understand Americans have been very resistant to bill redesign and coins replacing bills.
I really don't think American would accept a "Amero."

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
What difference does that make whether americans will accept it or not?
Over half of America wants our troops out of Iraq, but they stay there and the media, especially Fox News, convinces us to believe that most americans are okay with the war on Iraq, and anyone who says otherwise is against america, then Bill O'reilly says "SHUT UP"

Invasion of Iraq did not pass congress, it's unconstitutional as Ron Paul says.

Nafta Superhighway/NAU is bypassing both congress and the opportunity to vote on it.

So what makes you think exactly that it matters that americans would accept it or not?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I suspect the majority of UK people dont want the Euro but it is certainly going to be foisted onto us.

Then again I suppose it will be worth it, if only to stop the US dollar becoming the accepted world monetary unit.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Didn't we ,the UK, vote against the Euro by quite a large amount.

If America is enough against the new currency it may not be introduced because the government can't afford to make people any angrier than they already are.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Ugh Yeah I Think It Was In 1975-76 The Canadian Dollar Was $1.10 US.
I Remember This WAAAAYYY Back When I Was Just A Weeee Jugen At 12 Years Old.
Good To See The Loonie Rising Again.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The US Dollars are just dollars slipping behind in value. Their carrying a heavy load of expense for Mr Bush's war in Iraq. Now may be a good time to purchase US bucks cause a wee-bit later, after Mr Bush leaves office, their dollar may rise high and fast while being purchased by the mega-investors.

Ah yes, the ero dollar. Dunno how any purchasers would want to buy any-other currency. German mfg quality; Frances expertise in the Wine/Brandy & Cognac areas suggest these two euro-megs are certainly worth a look see for investment.
As for Canada and its recent strength against the USD, Forgetabout-it. It's temporary (eg a year from this Nov. there may be a huge swing-back to US Buck?).

Dallas

top topics

join