It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DarkHelmet's Re-Introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well hello there ATS! How's it hangin? I wanted, while I have the time, to sit and write a re-introduction. I want to do this, because I haven't been nearly as active on here as i used to be. I figured maybe it's time I come out of the dark, and try to contribute to the growing world of ATS again, and introduce myself to newer members who don't know me.

History of DarkHelmet

My name is Alex. I won't give the last name, but I can say that my initials are ATS!! I was born where I currently live, Boone, NC. I was a military Brat, so moved countless times in my life. I've lived in Germany, Louisiana, Georgia, Colorado, Wisconsin, and North Carolina. I've moved many times within those states. WE would venture a guess at close to 30 moves for me in just 18 years, the most recent is me moving here to Boone from Colorado Springs just last month. Unfortunately, I have no stories of how I could see the dead, or had alien contact when I was younger like many members here... I've led a pretty boring life thus far when it comes to that type of thing.

My real dad was in the military, before being discharged because of drinking/partying. My mother divorced him, and married my step father, who she recently divorced, who was a friend of my real dad in the military. My step-father is currently a Warrant Officer and is about to make his 3rd trip to Iraq. After graduating last year, I will be attending Appalachian State University (Division 1-AA Back-to-Back National Football Champions) to pursue a degree in Computer Science. I believe there is a thread on ATS here somewhere about ASU having some military base underneath our Stadium.

Athletic History of DarkHelmet

I have always been big on sports. My Uncle, John Spellman, played Triple-A baseball for the Fresno Grizzlies. He was just about to make it to the bigs, when he was struck by a pitch in the eye, and ruined his career, as it made him lose a lot of sight. He is now a scout for teams like the Angels. My Father made the final cuts of a Cincinnati reds try-out, losing out to a guy with more speed. So I've been around sports since I can remember. I played Varsity Basketball and Baseball, and ran Cross-Country my Senior year to get in shape for Basketball season. My freshman year, the Varsity team lost in the State Championship. My Sophomore year, we lost to the eventual State Champion. My Junior year, I switched to Harrison High School, where I got to play in the State Championship, losing 47-44. My Senior Year, we again lost to the eventual State Champion 81-86. Baseball was horrid. we won only 1 true Varsity game in the two years I played for them. It took me hitting 3 3-run Home Runs, to beat our rival school 11-1. They had beaten us earlier in the year 28-2. i have not decided whether I want to pursue either baseball or Basketball at the college level yet.

ATS History of DarkHelmet

I came across ATS on July 1st, 2003 when searching for information on the Philadelphia Project. After reading through the site, I signed up as GiantsFan. And naturally, my first post was: The Philadelphia Project- It Really Happened. I was an off and on member. I'd either post a lot, or would just read for sometimes months at a time. I got really involved in the Rings game, nearly getting one. The last ring was hidden on SportzTawk, a sister-site to ATS which I moderated, and i was just a few hours behind the actual winner. When PodCasts came up, I did a couple PodCasts, which were just strange conspiracy theories. All this came to a stop once I got into school, and couldn't be on ATS as much as I liked. And now, I've just exited a couple months-long period where 99% of my time here on ATS was reading. I'm hoping to post a lot more here in the near future... and maybe a PodCast or two wouldn't hurt.

The End

I guess this be the end of my introduction. Theres much much more I could put in, but I don't really want to spend that much type typing about me! anyway, I look forward to meeting new people here on ATS, and reuniting with older ATS members. If you would like, stop by my profile and comment sometime! Or even stop by my blog! I'm going to try and write in my blog every other day. Also, be sure to check out what I have there already! Anyways, sorry for making you read all this! It was a complete waste of 5 minutes, I know!

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Welcome back, DarkHelmet!

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here are some Important Website-Related Threads.

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Don’t forget to set up the “Comments” section in your profile, so folks can drop by to say, “Hi!” All it takes is a “Howdy” from you to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Thanks for all the links. I've been here long enough to know the ins and outs of ATS, but I will find the TinyURL site handy. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Welcome back to Above Top Secret, DarkHelmet.

Dallas

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Long time no see, good to have you back. Looking forward to some of the shared moments of the past. Hope you stick around this time, I'll be around now and again myself, but not as much as before.

[edit on 21-6-2007 by ADVISOR]

new topics

top topics

join