It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A SportzTawk Alternative?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
For those of you who were regulars on SportzTawk, like myself, we were disappointed in it's closing. I had put about 4 years of work into it, eventually becoming a Moderator, and trying to do what i could to try and elevate the level of SportzTawk.

Now, I love posting about Sports, yet i can't find myself posting here every day about the subject. I need an actual sports Board, with sections and such. Now the alternative to SportzTawk, is actual SportzLinkz.net. As some know, this was previously owned and part of SportzTawk. The domain name ran out, and someone else purchased it. I didn't remember it was there until today. I went there, and they had only 8 members. I've signed up for it, and I will post there as frequently as I can, to hopefully grab the site some attention. Maybe we can turn that into the "new" SportzTawk.

It doesn't matter if you decide to post here, there, or on both places. i just thought it felt more at home for me, and thought maybe TRD, BHN, some of you guys might want another board to call home? anyways, just thought I'd throw that idea out there for some people.

Also, the SportzTawk domain expires April next year. And TRD, I dunno if you are also still considering maybe purchasing the domain, but if not, then I know I'm very interested. It could allow the regular SportzTawk users to go back, and maybe have a chance at making it work again. I'll be in school for Computer csience, so I guess it wouldn't hurt having it as a side-project.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by DarkHelmet]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'll go check it out, with my other personality..

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Giving this a little bump!

I've already set up a lot of the site, including a live scores/headlines ticker, though it could use more members to add some suggestions. A few of the old SportzTawk have signed up. I'm hoping we can get it as big or bigger than ST was.

stop by and at least check it out!

SportzLinkz

join