It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays to be Minority Group???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I was listening to talk radio the other day and I heard that gays want to be treated as a minority group (which is only in affect in a few places if I'm not mistaking) just like African-Americans and Cacajuns ect. I personally disagree with this, homosexuality is mearly a sexual preference!

I prefer skinny blonds with long hair, do I get my own little group???

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMachine
I was listening to talk radio the other day and I heard that gays want to be treated as a minority group (which is only in affect in a few places if I'm not mistaking) just like African-Americans and Cacajuns ect. I personally disagree with this, homosexuality is mearly a sexual preference!

yeah i have to agree. all races make up homosexuality. how can you have a minority in a minority?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I don't think homosexuality is a preference, but people shouldn't be treated differently, like special treatment for being so. I agree though that the decision TO would make may for all sorts of minorities. I'm sure many homosexual people don't want a minority treatment.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
They have to be labeled a minority group even thou it's dumb because right wing nuts won't stop worrying about who they bugger in the privacy of their own homes. Gay men are great morons it means more pussy for you and me now dikes I can understand!
btw that dike comment was a joke since I know a lot of your right wingers don't get humor.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
no, dirty, we right wingers believe you are entitled to your free speech, it's yours and yours alone, regardless of how anyone else feels... if someone has a problem with it, then they too are entitled to voice their opinion for or against what you have said....as well as your joke, which was funny because you're right, the guy/girl ratio works to our favor

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by Bob88]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Man What's with all this #ing Gay this and Gay that Threads recently?!?! Leave these people alone for God's Sake!!

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
no, dirty, we right wingers believe you are entitled to your free speech, it's yours and yours alone, regardless of how anyone else feels... if someone has a problem with it, then they too are entitled to voice their opinion for or against what you have said....as well as your joke, which was funny because you're right, the guy/girl ratio works to our favor

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by Bob88]

Wow thanks Bob at least ats is still a free speach zone.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I don't think that gays and lesbians should be a minority group. As far as I'm concerned, there shouldn't be any type of minority groups at all. People are people, no matter what color, what accent, or what sexual orientation. Everyone deserves equal respect, and shouldn't need to be a special interest group to get their say in the government.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMachine

When you get beat up, killed, fired, threatened, not allowed to adopt, get married or kicked out of the military for liking skinny blonds... you get a group.

Just be glad Reagen and Jesse Helms liked blondes...or they would have blocked herpes research too.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL

Wow thanks Bob at least ats is still a free speach zone.

Normal, ATS is not ran by a Liberal group.

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Man What's with all this #ing Gay this and Gay that Threads recently?!?! Leave these people alone for God's Sake!!

Most would love to leave gays alone. Let em live how they want to. But gays won't shut up about being gay. Christ,they skip down the street in tutu's. If they want to be left alone and enjoy their lives they should stop drawing attention to themselves. I mean you don't see hetros dancing around crying "look at me I'm straight".

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
I mean you don't see hetros dancing around crying "look at me I'm straight".

You must have missed everything that took place in the past 2,000 years. Let's just focus on the past 50 years of movies and TV though. Or go to any bar and watch the straight show. Or just come to this thread... everyone here bashing gays IS stomping around saying "look at me I'm straight". Ever see a beauty pagent? An advertisment? Ever see two straight people kiss in public? Go woohoo when a girl walks by? Pick fights in public over girls?

That's ALL "Look at me" behavior.

Take at look at the front page of this mysogonystic gay basher's web page: www.mancow.com... He's a daily FOX NEWS political commentator.

Now tell me he's not saying "Look at me, I'm straight".

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Gays to be Minority Group???

Who cares? Not me. If it will shut them up let them.

D*mn just like women b*tching all the time

Just kidding, but really who cares

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

I mean you don't see hetros dancing around crying "look at me I'm straight".

You must have missed everything that took place in the past 2,000 years. Let's just focus on the past 50 years of movies and TV though. Or go to any bar and watch the straight show. Or just come to this thread... everyone here bashing gays IS stomping around saying "look at me I'm straight". Ever see a beauty pagent? An advertisment? Ever see two straight people kiss in public? Go woohoo when a girl walks by? Pick fights in public over girls?

That's ALL "Look at me" behavior.

Take at look at the front page of this mysogonystic gay basher's web page: www.mancow.com... He's a daily FOX NEWS political commentator.

Now tell me he's not saying "Look at me, I'm straight".

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by RANT]

All they are doing is making themselves a target. I could careless if gays walk down the street holding hands,just as I could careless if a guy and a girl were holding hands. And if I were to walk into a gay bar I would expect to them doing whatever it is they do. The same as a straight bar. But if a gay guy goes into a "straight" bar with a pink tutu on he will catch some crap. And he is bringing it on himself. Were he to walk in looking like everyone else,nobody would care if he was gay or straight. Its like self segragation.
A lot of gays make it a point that they are gay. I do not walk around acting like a hetro, I walk around like a regular person,no better,no worse than anybody else.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Who cares? Not me. If it will shut them up let them.

D*mn just like women b*tching all the time

Just kidding, but really who cares

I DO!!!! This can keep me from getting the job I want, or getting into the collage I want, that is the whole point of minority groups!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Most would love to leave gays alone. Let em live how they want to. But gays won't shut up about being gay. Christ,they skip down the street in tutu's. If they want to be left alone and enjoy their lives they should stop drawing attention to themselves. I mean you don't see hetros dancing around crying "look at me I'm straight".

No? Hetero's do way more offensive and stupid # in public. Myself included. So don't even get me started.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well...I am not gay.. but, I don't have any probs. with people who are. And, exactly, how can a sexual preference make you a race..? WHo ever thinks that it should happen that way must be awful dumb...

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
i find the whole thing ludicrous.

"i want you to treat me as just another person but i want to be considered a minority and i want special treatment"

talk about mixed signals.

funny how everyone wants to be considered the same and yet still want to point/flaunt how different they are (unless you're white male or straight then you're considered awhite supremist sexist homophobe).

i dont see why they want this status unless its to get get treatment.

we're all the same but we should be treated differently....i understand the concept behind this but practically speaking it doesnt work. there will always be those who will not accept another person for whatever reason, racial, sexual, political, religious, you name it and people will be unaccpeting of someone who isnt like them. you CANT legislate it out of existance and you cant outlaw it.

treat em like a regular person, thats what they are anyway, right?

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I must start keeping a record of all 'the gays' who mince into straight bars wearing pink tutus and just asking to get beaten to a pulp. Nyef your right this new trend amongst 'the gays' is getting out of control. Soon these pink tutu'd know alls will be taking over everything.

:shk:

top topics

join