It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planetary alignment tonight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Is this supposed to be happening midnightish tonight (june 20/21st), or am I a month off here? I can see the moon in the sky, but it doesn't get close to dark this time of year, so I probably won't see anything anyways, I was just wondering if this was actually happening or if it was just something I heard...

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I don't know about any planetary alignment tonight. Are you sure you're not thinking about Summer Solstice?

Today (I believe since ther is some slight variation) is the first day of summer and longest day of the year.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Sorry but no planetary alignment tonite m8, the last one was back in april of 2002 and the next one is in 2040/50 i belive and another between then and 2100.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If you look outside at sunset and for a short time after, you will see the following in a fairly straight line: moon, Regulus, Saturn, and Venus. Maybe that's what you heard about.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Oh cool I was watching the new moon creep up on that bright planet and wondered which planet that was ?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Like Tim said, there was an interesting line formed by Saturn, Venus, the Moon, and Regulus.

I live just outside of Pittsburgh, PA. So last night I got to see the ISS and the shuttle as well. The most interesting thing about it though was that they almost followed that line of planets and stars exactly. About a degree or so below.

I have seen the space station before alone, but never with the shuttle tailing it. My back yard faces slightly southwest as well. So last night I had one of the more interesting views. I had the planets all lined up. It was inpressive alone. Then the Space station followed by the shuttle came into view just below that line almost moving parrallel to it. They were in veiw for probably 2 minutes.

Honestly, it was one of the more interesting nights I have had stargazing. (and I live close to a city so being that I was home when I witnessed it was pretty cool, usulaly have to travel)

Ok, I rambled...

new topics

top topics

join