It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The origin of some weapons used by insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan is.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
China!!!!!!

Well, I don't know how credible it is. The Website linked the article to the Washington Times on July 15th. I read Muro's site quite a bit just for my own enjoyment and desire for thought provoking writing. But this is pretty serious if its true. I know that some believe the US states Iran is supplying arms simply for justification to go to war with them. Well, now it seems some weapons may be being directly and knowingly supplied by Beijing. Anyone think this is happening because the US is itching to get into it with China? Lemme know.

Link to WT original article

[edit on 6/20/2007 by ludaChris]

[edit on 6/20/2007 by ludaChris]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
More bang for your buck when you buy from Norinco.

Well so much for those who say Iran only attacks when it is itself attacked.

Those poor misunderstood Iranians.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
More bang for your buck when you buy from Norinco.

Well so much for those who say Iran only attacks when it is itself attacked.

Those poor misunderstood Iranians.

I wanted to know more along the lines if you think this is plausible. I mean, of course its plausible, anything in politics is, but more along the lines of motive for the Chinese. In my opinion, I think its obvious that China is moving to replace the US, in terms of near future, as the leading naval and military power in the Pacific. This seems to me to be a power play by the Chinese to bog us down further and wear away our will to fight. So that when the time comes, US citizenry will be unwilling to commit troops to defend say, Taiwan or South Korea in the event an act of war is committed against one of the two, which in my opinion will happen withing the next 15-25 years. Most certainly during our lifetime.

join