It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US destroying Iraq with impunity, new study suggests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
Couldn't they have been running, especially since it was in the darkness of night, because they heard the plane and knew it was going to bomb the building they were using? Common sense.

Common sense only if you are in a building where something bad is going on that you know would cause you to be bombed in the first place. LOL. I don't recall seeing people fleeing from all the other buildings, surely they must have heard the jet too?

I didn't see a carpet bombing run there. Here's some more straws for you to grasp at.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWorker13

And I think America must be held accountable for its actions. Sanctions you put on them, or helped put on them to be politically correct, led to the deaths of Iraqis, hundreds of thousands of them. Is that no wrong? Should America be exempt from consequences because Saddam was a monster? Should the Iraqi people have to suffer and die because Saddam wouldn't follow orders?

One more time. The whole UN Security council put those sanctions in place, why single out the US for your wrath about sanctions? Quite honestly, nations have always paid the price for their leaders folly, so yes, unfortunately, the Iraqi general public paid the price for Saddams' regime's unwillingness to fully implement the armistice agreement.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Common sense only if you are in a building where something bad is going on that you know would cause you to be bombed in the first place. LOL. I don't recall seeing people fleeing from all the other buildings, surely they must have heard the jet too?

Huh? It was said that they were engaged with U.S. forces, so if I heard a jet overhead, it would make sense to me that they were going to bomb our position.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

Huh? It was said that they were engaged with U.S. forces, so if I heard a jet overhead, it would make sense to me that they were going to bomb our position.

Perhaps I have misunderstood your position on this event. I thought that you thought the crowd were innocent civilians like some of the other posters. My apologies.

[edit on 22-6-2007 by pavil]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I don't have a position, it's just an idea.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
let's take a look at another source of information on death toll in Iraq since invasion.

655,000: The toll of war in Iraq
Survey suggests violent death rate in Iraq is now running at one every three minutes

news.independent.co.uk...

Well it seems that while we have been fed lies, from refusing to take accountability for civilian deaths since the beginning of the war as by US mandate, then allowing only the Iraqi (poppet government) do the counting, the American public has a tendency to be very touchy when it comes to deaths.

Specially when the Iraqi invasion was under a false pretense of freedom and well being for all Iraqis or . . . that is what our president sold to us.

The 654,965 deaths estimated to have resulted from the invasion represent about 2.5 per cent of the Iraqi population. It means people have been dying at a rate of about 560 a day, equivalent to one death every three minutes, or less

It doesn't take a rocket scientist or a mathematician to see that the people that are suppose to enjoy democracy and freedom are dying in great numbers.

So what our government do to make it look no so bad, well it puts make up on it and tells the sensitive American people that is the evil taliban, al-qaida and those awful terrorist the one doing the killing.

Our American sons and daugthers in the military and our heroes do not kill good people they only kill the bad ones and that is what we want to believe, after all a death person can not talk for themselves.

So the death must be all evil people.

Occurs only a blind person can no see who is lying here, bias sources or not the reality is . . . that . . .the invasion for liberation of the Iraqi people is killing the Iraqi people.

[edit on 22-6-2007 by marg6043]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join