It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Designer rejects MBE from 'morally corrupt' Blair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The co-founder of lingerie brand Agent Provocateur today rejected his MBE after branding Tony Blair "morally corrupt"
Joseph Corre was awarded the title for his services to the fashion industry in the Queen's birthday honours list last week.

But today, the son of fashion designer Dame Vivienne Westwood and former Sex Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren, announced he had refused the award.

He said he could not accept the prime minister as "someone capable of giving an honour".

Designer rejects MBE from 'morally corrupt' Blair

I never heard of this geezer but at least someone has some understanding in side them on what is right. Very unusual that someone would do such a thing, what do you guys think.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Good for him and good for all the other "honoured" people who have refused int he past.

Most of the people who get invited to recieve these honours are successful people in their own right and don't need some piece of paper or cheap jewelery to prove it.

I also agree, that Mr Blair is a dishonourable man (very kind on my part) to say the least and I would never, ever, trust anyone who grins while they share bad news.

On the flip side, I also believe that Joseph Corre is the type of person who enjoys a little bit of media attention, just like his parents, and this is certainly a good way of getting it!

So.......stuff Blair and get back to making your pretty and expensive undies

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Why would anyone want to give such an "honour" to an underwear salesman who also markets cheesecake films? I mean if you're going to choose someone like that, why not go "all the way" and give the award to Bob Guccione, or does he already have one?

new topics

join