It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tongue speak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
So I went to my grandma's church and they are biiiig on Christianity. Someone there did 'glossolalia' or tongue speak. They pointed at me and started talking in tongues. I dont know what happened or what they said but ever since I've been really really sick. My mom took me to a doctor and he didnt know what was wrong with me. Im kinda scared. I found a site on tongues but it didnt really help. Can someone explain it to me a little better? Did she curse me or something?

www.religioustolerance.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Relax, it may all just be in your head. Sometimes when someone worries too much they get sick. Another possibility is to check with doctor or minister.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
You should ask the people at your Grandmas church.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
ur link is borked

www.religioustolerance.org...

I fix, about tounges though... heh dunno what to say

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
settle down, it may be coincidence, you might just be coming down with the flu or something. or it could be a placebo effect.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The side effects of some intense prayer. That's all.
Jesus loves you!

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I've spoke and prayed in tongues for about 16years...If it's from God it would not make you sick. It must be a coincidence that you got sick.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Its the Holy Ghost Talking through you. Nothing to worry about.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I would not say that it is the Holy Spirit talking in tongues..........If anything, read some prayers out of Psalms...
Psalm 50/51 depending which Bible you have......
It starts like this.......PSALM 50

Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great mercy; and according to the multitude of Thy compassions blot out my transgression.
Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
For I know mine iniquity, and my sin is ever before me. Against Thee only have I sinned and done this evil before Thee, that Thou mightest be justified in Thy words, and prevail when Thou art judged.
For behold, I was conceived in iniquities, and in sins did my mother bear me.
For behold, Thou hast loved truth; the hidden and secret things of Thy wisdom hast Thou made manifest unto me.
Thou shalt sprinkle me with hyssop, and I shall be made clean; Thou shalt wash me, and I shall be made whiter than snow.
Thou shalt make me to hear joy and gladness; the bones that be humbled, they shall rejoice.
Turn Thy face away from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from Thy presence,! and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation, and with Thy governing Spirit establish me. I shall teach transgressors Thy ways, and the ungodly shall turn back unto Thee.
Deliver me from blood-guiltiness. O God, Thou God of my salvation; my tongue shall rejoice in Thy righteousness.
O Lord, Thou shalt open my lips, and my mouth shall declare Thy praise.
For if Thou hadst desired sacrifice, I had given it; with whole-burnt offerings Thou shalt not be pleased.
A sacrifice unto God is a broken spirit; a heart that is broken and humbled God will not despise.
Do good, O Lord, in Thy good pleasure unto Sion, and let the walls of Jerusalem be builded.
Then shalt Thou be pleased with a sacrifice of righteousness, with oblation and whole-burnt offerings. Then shall they offer bullocks upon Thine altar.

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Then pause a moment, until all thy senses are calmed and thy thoughts forsake all things earthly; and then make three bows, saying:

The Prayer of the Publican:

O God, be merciful to me a sinner.Thrice.

Take care....
helen.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
just ferget about it, itll goaway

becouse just like the others said its all in your head...

now i have the flu now, and for ma heasr and a half iv had very badd adminal pain... so im suffering too

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
thanx, its been a while but im still sick. darn it. thanx for ur posts tho, im glad im not cursed.

top topics

join