It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tyranny in charge (Haliburton Detainment facilities)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This is non sense, Why do people let this kind of tyranny happen?

Homeland Security Contracts KBR to Build Detention Centers in the US
Sources:
New America Media, January 31, 2006
Title: “Homeland Security Contracts for Vast New Detention Camps”
Author: Peter Dale Scott

New America Media, February 21, 2006
Title: “10-Year US Strategic Plan for Detention Camps Revives Proposals from Oliver North”
Author: Peter Dale Scott

Consortiium, February 21, 2006
Title: “Bush's Mysterious ‘New Programs’”
Author: Nat Parry

Buzzflash
Title: “Detention Camp Jitters”
Author: Maureen Farrell

Community Evaluator: Dr. Gary Evans
Student Researchers: Sean Hurley and Caitlyn Peele

Halliburton’s subsidiary KBR (formerly Kellogg, Brown and Root) announced on January 24, 2006 that it had been awarded a $385 million contingency contract by the Department of Homeland Security to build detention camps in the United States.

According to a press release posted on the Halliburton website, “The contract, which is effective immediately, provides for establishing temporary detention and processing capabilities to augment existing Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Detention and Removal Operations (DRO) Program facilities in the event of an emergency influx of immigrants into the U.S., or to support the rapid development of new programs. The contingency support contract provides for planning and, if required, initiation of specific engineering, construction and logistics support tasks to establish, operate and maintain one or more expansion facilities.”

What little coverage the announcement received focused on concerns about Halliburton’s reputation for overcharging U.S. taxpayers for substandard services.

Less attention was focused on the phrase “rapid development of new programs” or what type of programs might require a major expansion of detention centers, capable of holding 5,000 people each. Jamie Zuieback, spokeswoman for ICE, declined to elaborate on what these “new programs” might be.

Only a few independent journalists, such as Peter Dale Scott, Maureen Farrell, and Nat Parry have explored what the Bush administration might actually have in mind.

Scott speculates that the “detention centers could be used to detain American citizens if the Bush administration were to declare martial law.” He recalled that during the Reagan administration, National Security Council aide Oliver North organized the Rex-84 “readiness exercise,” which contemplated the Federal Emergency Management Agency rounding up and detaining 400,000 “refugees” in the event of “uncontrolled population movements” over the Mexican border into the U.S.

North’s exercise, which reportedly contemplated possible suspension of the Constitution, led to a line of questioning during the Iran-Contra Hearings concerning the idea that plans for expanded internment and detention facilities would not be confined to “refugees” alone.

It is relevant, says Scott, that in 2002 Attorney General John Ashcroft announced his desire to see camps for U.S. citizens deemed to be “enemy combatants.” On February 17, 2006, in a speech to the Council on Foreign Relations, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld spoke of the harm being done to the country’s security, not just by the enemy, but also by what he called “news informers” who needed to be combated in “a contest of wills.”

Since September 11 the Bush administration has implemented a number of interrelated programs that were planned in the 1980s under President Reagan. Continuity of Government (COG) proposals—a classified plan for keeping a secret “government-within-the-government” running during and after a nuclear disaster—included vastly expanded detention capabilities, warrantless eavesdropping, and preparations for greater use of martial law.

Scott points out that, while Oliver North represented a minority element in the Reagan administration, which soon distanced itself from both the man and his proposals, the minority associated with COG planning, which included Cheney and Rumsfeld, appear to be in control of the U.S. government today.

Farrell speculates that, because another terror attack is all but certain, it seems far more likely that the detention centers would be used for post-September 11-type detentions of rounded-up immigrants rather than for a sudden deluge of immigrants flooding across the border.

Vietnam-era whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg ventures, “Almost certainly this is preparation for a roundup after the next September 11 for Mid-Easterners, Muslims and possibly dissenters. They’ve already done this on a smaller scale, with the ‘special registration’ detentions of immigrant men from Muslim countries, and with Guantánamo.”

Parry notes that The Washington Post reported on February 15, 2006 that the National Counterterrorism Center’s (NCTC) central repository holds the names of 325,000 terrorist suspects, a fourfold increase since fall of 2003.
Asked whether the names in the repository were collected through the NSA’s domestic surveillance program, an NCTC official told the Post, “Our database includes names of known and suspected international terrorists provided by all intelligence community organizations, including NSA.”

As the administration scoops up more and more names, members of Congress have questioned the elasticity of Bush’s definitions for words like terrorist “affiliates,” used to justify wiretapping Americans allegedly in contact with such people or entities.

A Defense Department document, entitled the “Strategy for Homeland Defense and Civil Support,” has set out a military strategy against terrorism that envisions an “active, layered defense” both inside and outside U.S. territory. In the document, the Pentagon pledges to “transform U.S. military forces to execute homeland defense missions in the . . . U.S. homeland.” The strategy calls for increased military reconnaissance and surveillance to “defeat potential challengers before they threaten the United States.” The plan “maximizes threat awareness and seizes the initiative from those who would harm us.”

But there are concerns, warns Parry, over how the Pentagon judges “threats” and who falls under the category of “those who would harm us.” A Pentagon official said the Counterintelligence Field Activity’s TALON program has amassed files on antiwar protesters.
www.projectcensored.org
Scary stuff sounds like NAZI Germany all over again, Good ole Neo conservatives.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This tyranny has to stop somewhere all it entails is the rich getting richer just look at Dick Cheney for a good wholesome exaple of a neo con infested country, Im bemused at why the people for the people don't have any say in any of this money spending and remember it is your tax paying dollars that are being lined in Cheneys Pockets along with Rice Bush and many more Neo Conservatives.
Take a look at this article pure proof of this tyranny, his pockets get biggers and all you are is capital gain Nothing more.

Cheney’s Halliburton Stock Rose Over 3000 Percent Last Year

Sources:
Raw Story, October 2005
Title: “Cheney’s Halliburton Stock Options Rose 3,281 Percent Last Year, Senator Finds”
Author: John Byrne

Senator Frank Lautenberg’s website
Title: “Cheney’s Halliburton Stock Options Soar to $9.2 Million”

Faculty Evaluator: Phil Beard
Student Researchers: Matthew Beavers and Willie Martin

Vice President Dick Cheney’s stock options in Halliburton rose from $241,498 in 2004 to over $8 million in 2005, an increase of more than 3,000 percent, as Halliburton continues to rake in billions of dollars from no-bid/no-audit government contracts.

An analysis released by Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) reveals that as Halliburton’s fortunes rise, so do the Vice President’s. Halliburton has already taken more than $10 billion from the Bush-Cheney administration for work in Iraq. They were also awarded many of the unaccountable post-Katrina government contracts, as off-shore subsidiaries of Halliburton quietly worked around U.S. sanctions to conduct very questionable business with Iran (See Story #2). “It is unseemly,” notes Lautenberg, “for the Vice President to continue to benefit from this company at the same time his administration funnels billions of dollars to it.”

According to the Vice President’s Federal Financial Disclosure forms, he holds the following Halliburton stock options:

100,000 shares at $54.5000 (vested), expire December 3, 2007
33,333 shares at $28.1250 (vested), expire December 2, 2008
300,000 shares at $39.5000 (vested), expire December 2, 2009

The Vice President has attempted to fend off criticism by signing an agreement to donate the after-tax profits from these stock options to charities of his choice, and his lawyer has said he will not take any tax deduction for the donations. However, the Congressional Research Service (CRS) concluded in September 2003 that holding stock options while in elective office does constitute a “financial interest” regardless of whether the holder of the options will donate proceeds to charities. Valued at over $9 million, the Vice President could exercise his stock options for a substantial windfall, not only benefiting his designated charities, but also providing Halliburton with a tax deduction.

CRS also found that receiving deferred compensation is a financial interest. The Vice President continues to receive deferred salary from Halliburton. While in office, he has received the following salary payments from Halliburton:

Deferred salary paid by Halliburton to Vice President Cheney in 2001: $205,298
Deferred salary paid by Halliburton to Vice President Cheney in 2002: $162,392
Deferred salary paid by Halliburton to Vice President Cheney in 2003: $178,437
Deferred salary paid by Halliburton to Vice President Cheney in 2004: $194,852

(The CRS report can be downloaded at: lautenberg.senate.gov...)

These CRS findings contradict Vice President Cheney’s puzzling view that he does not have a financial interest in Halliburton. On the September 14, 2003 edition of Meet the Press in response to questions regarding his relationship with Halliburton, where from 1995 to 2000 he was employed as CEO, Vice President Cheney said, “Since I left Halliburton to become George Bush’s vice president, I’ve severed all my ties with the company, gotten rid of all my financial interest. I have no financial interest in Halliburton of any kind and haven’t had, now, for over three years.”

Comment: A similar undercovered story of conflicting interest and disaster profiteering by those in the top echelon of the U.S. Government is of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld’s connections to Gilead Sciences, the biotech company that owns the rights to Tamiflu—the influenza remedy that is now the most-sought after drug in the world. This story was brought forward by Fortune senior writer, Nelson D. Schwartz, on October 31, 2005 in an article titled “Rumsfeld’s growing stake in Tamiflu,” and by F. William Engdahl for GlobalResearch, on October 30, 2005, in an article titled “Is avian flu another Pentagon hoax?”

Rumsfeld served as Gilead’s chairman from 1997 until he joined the Bush administration in 2001, and he still holds a Gilead stake valued at between $5 million and $25 million, according to Federal Financial Disclosures filed by Rumsfeld.
The forms don’t reveal the exact number of shares Rumsfeld owns, but whipped up fears of an avian flu pandemic and the ensuing scramble for Tamiflu sent Gilead’s stock from $35 to $47 in 2005, making the Pentagon chief, already one of the wealthiest members of the Bush cabinet, at least $1 million richer.

What’s more, the federal government is emerging as one of the world’s biggest customers for Tamiflu. In July 2005, the Pentagon ordered $58 million worth of the treatment for U.S. troops around the world, and Congress is considering a multibillion dollar purchase. Roche expects 2005 sales for Tamiflu to total at about $1 billion, compared with $258 million in 2004.

UPDATE BY JOHN BYRNE
The media has routinely downplayed Cheney’s involvement and financial investment in Halliburton, one of the largest U.S. defense contractors that received supersized no-bid contracts in Iraq. Ultimately, the importance of the story is that the Vice President of the U.S. is able to use his position of power to reap rewards for his former company in which he has a financial investment. Halliburton may also benefit from a chilling effect in which the Pentagon is more likely to favor Cheney’s firm to seek favor with the White House.

Cheney continues to hold 433,333 Halliburton stock options, and receives a deferred salary of about $200,000 a year. According to Cheney’s most recent tax returns, he held $2.5 million in retirement accounts, much of which likely came from his former defense firm.

Cheney recently filed disclosure reports that show he is valued at $94 million.

[edit on 033030p://upWednesday by seri

[edit on 033030p://upWednesday by seridium]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Great find.

I watched a documentary taping one of these detention centers online.

There were tons of state of the art video surveillance all over the area.

It seemed to be a railroad shipping facility that had been converted to hold masses of people.

There were different "levels" of classification written on the walls: Section A and B.

It seems we will be classified as higher or lower terror threats if Rex-84 does get activated.

I just don't know how insane these people are to think they can control millions of people.

Will over 300 million people submit to a minority of a few thousand? I highly doubt it.

Plus the military is on the civilians side.

What, they'll be forced to resign if they don't agree with the leadership?

F that.

I hope they don't try this, it'll be a lot of innocents dead in the streets...

And of course the blood of the wicked.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I do not understand how anyone can read this and defend the administration. They are making millions of dollars on manufactured terrorist and health threats. The rich get richer and the poor BOHICA. Why is nothing being done to get justice for the American People who are being lied to and defrauded by our leaders? When I listen to people like Rush Limbaugh, it becomes clear to me that these people fancy themselves above the law. An elite group that takes care of their own. NOTHING SHORT OF ANOTHER CIVIL WAR WILL TOUCH THEM.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Aint it precious, though???

It just blows my mind that some can still be behind all this- they'll be in the camps head first, if there is justice out there.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Biggie,

Do you remember what the documentary was or where you found it? I think the place you're talking about is in Beech Grove, IN - on the south side of Indianapolis about 15 mins from where I am. I just started reading about this place a few days ago, and I've driven by it 100 times. I'd like to swing back by and get some pics next time I'm over that way.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
To the OP,
Let's take a step back, and look at the sources for your story.
In order of appearance :

New America Media

Can we say AGENDA ?

New America Media is the country’s first and largest national collaboration of ethnic news organizations.
From above link.
No wonder they are anti-Bush.

Consortium
Heh, the OP article even spelled this source name incorrectly.

We also are getting close to publication of our new book on George W. Bush's presidency, entitled Neck Deep. For donations of $100 or more, you can reserve a signed gift copy
From second link.

Gee, imagine that. An agenda AND wanting money. Wow.

Buzzflash
This site SEEMS diverse, but look deeper.

It links to sites like This.

So Many Republican Hypocrites, So Little Time

From above link.

Now, knowing the sources from which the OP tale comes from, with
such glaring agendas, can this truly be a credible piece of journalistic
work ?

In my opinion, no. This is more anti-Bush, anti-government crap
spewed by people who have nothing better to do than make up this
drivel and sell it to people who think the government is do-all,
end-all conspiracy.

Instead of following, try DOING. The government isn't building
"concentration camps".

My Lord, wake up !!!

Seriously, look into sources, before touting a tale as truth.

Bemused,
Lex

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
They 'let it happen' because, for the most part, people don't even know this is happening. I don't know if it would make a difference if they did, but I guarantee your average person on the street has no clue about this.

I cannot even begin to describe how outraged I am at this kind of thing. This is a crime, and it needs to stop. Make people aware. If people actually know the kind of atrocities that are going on right under their noses, perpetrated by the people that they helped elect, change will come.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Instead of following, try DOING. The government isn't building
"concentration camps".

My Lord, wake up !!!

Seriously, look into sources, before touting a tale as truth.

Your right they are not building Concentration camps, they are building detainment facilities. There is so much evidence of this all over the net, and the land.

There over 600 prison camps in the United States, all fully operational and ready to receive prisoners. They are all staffed and even surrounded by full-time guards, but they are all empty. These camps are to be operated by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) should Martial Law need to be implemented in the United States.

The Rex 84 Program was established on the reasoning that if a mass exodus of illegal aliens crossed the Mexican/US border, they would be quickly rounded up and detained in detention centers by FEMA. Rex 84 allowed many military bases to be closed down and to be turned into prisons.

Operation Cable Splicer and Garden Plot are the two sub programs which will be implemented once the Rex 84 program is initiated for its proper purpose. Garden Plot is the program to control the population. Cable Splicer is the program for an orderly takeover of the state and local governments by the federal government. FEMA is the executive arm of the coming police state and thus will head up all operations. The Presidential Executive Orders already listed on the Federal Register also are part of the legal framework for this operation.

The camps all have railroad facilities as well as roads leading to and from the detention facilities. Many also have an airport nearby. The majority of the camps can house a population of 20,000 prisoners. Currently, the largest of these facilities is just outside of Fairbanks, Alaska. The Alaskan facility is a massive mental health facility and can hold approximately 2 million people.

FEMA Detention Camps

image source

Nashville, TENN

Camp locations here (ATS Thread)

Video of a camp

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Plus the military is on the civilians side.
What, they'll be forced to resign if they don't agree with the leadership?

They will use foreign troops, there are Chinese,Russian and German troops In Canada right now.
As Grant Jeffery admitted personally one month ago, "we have more German troops in Canada now than we do Canadian military forces!" Indeed, for next to Dease Lake, Canada, Germans have been handed a military air base for their use.
Proper evidence of the NWO using foreign troops is when the USA used Canadian RCMP Military personal to overthrow the government of Haiti, Now look how many American companies have sweat shops there.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Operation Urban Warrior:Website Urban Warrior
Oakland, CA 1999
Alex Jones took some good pics of how they will round people up from their homes and detain them see the pics here.

During Operation Urban Warrior, actors posed as American citizens who were Unconstitutionally seized from their homes by the military and police. These "Americans: were rounded up and confined behind barbed-wire.

The actors were told to demand to be let free and state that they had rights. They were also told to demand food and water. The troops in turn were taught to ignore them and to order them to behave in an orderly fashion. "Civil disobedience will not be tolerated" was one of the many disturbing statements heard to emanate from the military's loud speakers.

Here's a photo Alex took of Dutch troops training during Operation Urban Warrior. Foreign troops trained alongside US Marines, practicing taking over American cities, rounding up American civilians and imprisoning them in barbed wire "containment" camps. Conditioning of the troops included having the actors posing as US citizens beg them for food and loudly proclaim that their Constitutional Rights were being violated. The troops were trained to ignore these pleas and accept them as part of "urban warfare."

A marine consults with a foreign officer during Operation Urban Warrior. Perhaps one of the most disturbing trends of the Police State urban warfare practices is the ongoing inclusion of foreign troops, who work alongside American troops to take over American cities in these "war games."

Some more good info here.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Wow ..those above pics

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I saw the video of that exercise and it was pretty scary, but IMO if it weren't an exercise and were the real thing, a lot of the troops would have a real problem with rounding up innocent civilians by force. Also, I'm not sure if the video really portrayed what it is presented as. Maybe they were practice rounding up people for quarantine if there was some horrible outbreak, or evacuating people after a disaster?

I'm not saying that it's not true. I just don't think it would really be feasible to imprison innocent american citizens by the millions. Maybe some people could be rounded up if it were done in a really sneaky way, but what purpose would that serve other than to inflame the rest of the population with rage and spur people into violence?

Aren't the sheeple under much more productive control right now, as consumers of goods and energy and such, than they would be disgruntled prison camp detainees? At least right now we police ourselves for the most part. Even if they planned on denying us food/water/sanitation we'd be a whole lot of trouble.

ETA: The video I saw was on Alex Jones's Prison Planet

[edit on 15-8-2007 by AmethystSD]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmethystSD
Maybe they were practice rounding up people for quarantine if there was some horrible outbreak, or evacuating people after a disaster?

[edit on 15-8-2007 by AmethystSD]

Maybe they are instilling thoughts in the soldiers head's to make it easier at crunch time, to them these drills could mean when it time for the reality they will have a easier time completing their mission.
All drills are for is reality

I would be worried especially that we now know foreign troops will be used against you on your own homeland.
Bad scenerio, especially when you know yoru country has many many many detainment facilities.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This isnt the America i was taught about.This is more like something out of a dark age nightmare where the evil villians rule the kingdom while the poor peasents hide and tremble in fear.God help us all.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Interesting. . . and who is going to run the detention camps?

The blackwater and it's mercenaries also been finance by our own government and used by Haliburton as security?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Interesting. . . and who is going to run the detention camps?

F.E.M.A

Halliburton builds them, In another shining example of modern day corporate fascism, it was announced recently that Halliburton subsidiary Kellogg, Brown and Root had been awarded a $385 million dollar contract by Homeland Security to construct detention and processing facilities in the event of a national emergency.

They seem to be already running them, and I am sure some corrections Corps. will take over some contracts.
This doesn't mean everyone would be round up and detained only those who would deem a threat.

As was done here Pier 57 NEW YORK City

Under the enemy combatant designation anyone at the behest of the US government, even if they are a US citizen, can be kidnapped and placed in an internment facility forever without trial. Jose Padilla, an American citizen, has spent over four years in a Navy brig and is only just now getting a trial.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
These detainment facilities could also be used for immigration purposes? NAU ?

top topics

join