It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A loss for the New World Order?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
EU to drop idea of constitution

Full Story

Germany has proposed to EU states that they should agree to drop the idea of a constitution when they meet at a summit in Brussels on Thursday and Friday.

The "constitutional concept... is abandoned", says a paper circulated by Germany, which will chair the summit.

The paper makes several concessions to EU member states opposed to key parts of the failed constitution.

But Poland and the UK are still warning they could use their vetoes if they do not get their way on a new treaty.

And this just days after Poland was warned about blocking the latest EU deal.

In a series of hard-hitting comments, Barroso also criticized British attempts to water down the treaty designed to replace the European constitution, which was rejected by the French and the Dutch in 2005. Britain is wary about the proposal to create an EU foreign minister and would prefer that foreign policy remain firmly rooted in national capitals rather than in Brussels.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Is this a loss for the New World Order?

Though many benefits may come from having a universal constitution for the whole of Europe, I think it establishes yet another mark of control of one entity over a conglomerate of nations.

Many believe this is the next step for the advancement of the world, but it's my opinion that this simply puts even more power in the hands of those that already have it and reduces any input of a common person.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I wouldnt call it a "loss" exactly.
More like a minor set back.
As they will continue to try and get this passed again and again.
But every little disruption helps.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
to me it sounds like "OK e've tried to be nice about it, but you say no. Now we just have to have a nice war and blow stuff up, and you'll be begging for it to stop and we'll say 'hey, what about that uniioon now'?"

Poland's causing the nazi's issues again huh? Lets watch the show...

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Setback? Naw, North America is the gem they want, EU is just a minor side dish for them. With North America under their control they can rule the world because no one can get ships here to invade or get enough aircraft to drop in people, all thanks to the 30k+ nukes we sit on top of here in the USA. So which would you prefer on priorities? USA or Europe? Also, they do not WANT constitutions, that will only get in their way, the primary target is to get the world into one nation and go from there. So for them this is no setback, it has no concequence for them so long as they manage to hold down North America and China.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Since this does seem to go along the line of the whole NWO conspiracy, should'nt this
have gone in the NWO forum.

Anyways, I'm disappointed to see they are dropping it, I mean yeah it was'nt perfect,
but with some editing, and a re-vote, it could have worked.

Mind you there were many people in many European countries that supported the
EU Constitution, including those countries that had there population (instead of there legislature)
vote on it.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Since this does seem to go along the line of the whole NWO conspiracy, should'nt this
have gone in the NWO forum.

Probably. I don't know why but, when I read these news articles I always try to post them under "Breaking News" but I'm not able to so I resort to posting them under "Current Events". I constructed this thread from a couple of recent events, but even so, I think you're correct ... this should have went under the NWO.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The North American Union.... Will fail... Once the super rich cut the middle class out of the employment equation it will get rather interesting as nobody will have the money to buy the crap the rich are selling... At that time I will be laughing my butt off!!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by acegotflows
Poland's causing the nazi's issues again huh? Lets watch the show...

I'm pretty sure that comment is rather offensive and uncalled for...

Unless I misunderstood, but it seems your equating Germans to Nazi's.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
He's equating the Globalist NWO to the Nazis, not Germans.

new topics

top topics

join