It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sugar Pills of Society.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Sometimes I ponder if it's the desire of pills for a cure that humans are so gullible to play along with.

"Have a headache, sure, here's a bill for a pill that you don't need, but buys me a new house."

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
We are an overmedicated society with pills for every thing that may or may not be wrong with us, then more pills for the side effects of the first pills. And its no secret that somebody is making out like a fat rat at the end of the day, just look at the prices of medication. Its a sad situation, and it doesn't look like its getting any better anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Not to mention that our immune systems are finding no need to build up. In the whole picture of things, we're becoming weak and that which works around us is getting stronger. We're becoming dependent on medications.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I know someone who has never taken medication/vitamins in his life, he doesn't get sick and doesn't ever go to the doctors. When everyone in our circle is sick and complaining of flu symptoms, he is the only one that never gets it.

Me with all my vitamins, and precautions still get sick at least 3 times a year.

Last year, I began his method of not treating my headaches or colds with pills, just let the ailment run its course and I have found that my headaches have reduced and my colds are less severe and shorter than they use to be when I was medicating myself.

I agree with TheRaven who said medication is making us weaker and people are dependent on them.

top topics

join