It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space pioneers wanted for 520-day Mars experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Space pioneers wanted for 520-day Mars experiment

news.yahoo.com

The European Space Agency (ESA) on Tuesday called for applications for one of the most demanding human experiments in space history: a simulated trip to Mars in which six "astronauts" will spend 17 months in an isolation tank on Earth.

Their spaceship will comprise a series of interlocked modules in an research institute in Moscow, and once the doors are closed tight, the volunteers will be cut off from all contact with the outside world except by a delayed radio link.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Now that is what I am talking about: a mission to Mars. This 520-day simulation of the mission could be the first step, but I think that with current techonolgy and equipment this is a far too long mission. I think we need to discover a new propultion system in space, because this one, which takes 520 days to Mars, is just too obsolete.

But I really like this idea. So if you are aged 25-50, in good health, have "high motivation" and stand up to 185cm tall Swhat don't you apply! Smokers, or those with other addictions, to alcohol or illicit drugs, for example, will be rejected.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Smokers, or those with other addictions, to alcohol or illicit drugs, for example, will be rejected.

lol wil we be rejected or will they let us use that as detox.

But that is realy cool news

join