It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aliens in dreams?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I had an odd encounter in my dreams several nights ago. I was driving downtown in a strange place in my dream, where they had fairly typical looking urban style houses. i get out of my car on this block where people are in the street gauking at these discs which in my dream rode smoothly around above in a menacing fashion. I remember a sequence also where i was hiding in a basement and a disc came up to the BASEMENT window, starred at me with no expression through the window of the disc, then flew off and i woke up shortly after that. Not in a panic, just really creeped out. anyone experience wierd dreams with odd creatures? By the way, it did look like a standard alien, but more hybrid maybe as its eyes looked almost like ours, and had an enlarged head.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I have had a recurring alien dream for years, maybe 100 times. Each is slightly different, but they all have these elements: I am looking at the sky, and I start seeing the stars move around. Then I realize they're ufos. I try to get people around me to see them. As people start to see them, I realize they're getting very close and menacing. Then I realize they're beginning to land. I start running, but it's impossible to hide from them. I never get a good look at the aliens, but I know they are powerful and dangerous. Just when I'm about to get caught by them, I ... wake up!

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
I have had a recurring alien dream for years, maybe 100 times. Each is slightly different, but they all have these elements: I am looking at the sky, and I start seeing the stars move around. Then I realize they're ufos. I try to get people around me to see them. As people start to see them, I realize they're getting very close and menacing. Then I realize they're beginning to land. I start running, but it's impossible to hide from them. I never get a good look at the aliens, but I know they are powerful and dangerous. Just when I'm about to get caught by them, I ... wake up!

I have this exactly as you describe it. I dream it alot. I think it started when i was 17, but not sure. I try to hide and help people hide too. I've hidden in buildings and in the woods in my dreams. Most times they are just menacing lights in the sky, off in the distance.

Sometimes the dreams are of ships approaching airports.

The dreams have progressed to the UFO's coming closer to me & increasing in fleet size - more of them.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Maybe it's normal to have these 'things in the sky' type of dreams. I don't consider myself too far from average, and I have very much the same thing.

In my dreams, which have been going on for years, I see odd looking 'craft' at times, just sailing along. Sometimes very normal looking vehicles are mixed in, like cement mixers and buses and ordinary automobiles. The UFO looking craft don't seem out of place in among these everyday things.

In my dreams, the flying 'vehicles' seem to go across the sky in streams, like they're following a designated flight path, part of the time. In other dreams, they fly by randomly.

I always try to get other people to notice these things, and seem frustrated when they can't, though once in a while the people on the ground do see them.

I'm sure a shrink would have field day with this.
They would tell me it was everything from anxiety at my lack of skill at communicating to a sense of unexpected results with the direction of my life to a need to 'get off the ground' with changes of direction I want to make in my future.

Self analysis is cheap and fun!!!

Edit to add: This post wasn't meant to sound like I think any of you guys need a shrink. I re-read it and I don't want anyone flaming me on that. I was strictly talking about myself.
Peace, please.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well, the simple answer to this is that seeing aliens in your dreams can mean that you are encountering neglected or unfamiliar parts of your self. They can also signify that you are feeling "alienated" or invaded, perhaps having difficulty adapting to a new surrounding or situation, or having problems dealing with a certain person.

Spaceships can symbolize your creative mind and denote a journey of self-awareness and development. It may be that you need to take a new perspective on something in your life, even if it seems different or bizarre. As UFOs, it can mean you are looking for your spiritual purpose in life, or that you are feeling alienated from those around you.

The menacing nature of the dream aliens suggests that you are reluctant and/or afraid to look at the part of yourself trying to break through. The imagery of hiding in the basement and the craft finding you and "looking" in the window supports this. Whatever you need to learn about yourself is buried deep, but not so deep you won't be able to find it.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
The menacing nature of the dream aliens suggests that you are reluctant and/or afraid to look at the part of yourself trying to break through. The imagery of hiding in the basement and the craft finding you and "looking" in the window supports this. Whatever you need to learn about yourself is buried deep, but not so deep you won't be able to find it.

Majormalfunction, cool analysis. For me, I think you're probably right on all aspects.

So tell me, why do I never actually see my aliens? They're more of a horrible "presence" that I'm trying to avoid. After, like I said, maybe a hundred of these dreams, I couldn't tell you what they actually look like. The ships, yes. I think you were right about the ships being the creative side, as the ships are very cool and varied, seldom the typical saucer but abstracted, geometrical, colorful. But the aliens themselves, it's all emotional, nothing visual.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Perhaps it's because you're succeeding so well when awake of not looking at what needs looking at -- the unknown thing you fear.

Dreams don't give information purely in visuals, as you well know. The emotional component is, in my own experience and opinion, much stronger.

Seeing the aliens is not necessary to know that they are there. But part of you does NOT want to look, so you aren't.

But "they" keep showing up, don't they? And "they" will until you deal with them.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Dreams don't give information purely in visuals, as you well know. The emotional component is, in my own experience and opinion, much stronger.

I just realized--I described them as a "horrible presence." So I think of myself as a horrible presence...right?

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
No, that's not it.

The thing you aren't looking at is scaring you, that's why it was horrible. It's something that you are afraid of, but that doesn't mean it's horrific, if you follow me.

Many times in my life I've been afraid of something, and it turned out to be nothing, or better than nothing.

It doesn't mean YOU are horrible. It means you are afraid of something in yourself. These are two different things.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This is really interesting. Since others said they're having the same dream, I don't believe I'm hijacking the thread (hopefully).

It doesn't mean YOU are horrible. It means you are afraid of something in yourself. These are two different things.

That sounds much better.

But "they" keep showing up, don't they? And "they" will until you deal with them.

But what can they represent? I'm not a criminal, I'm probably more transparent than most people. I wonder, is this some negative aspect of myself? or is it something external, what I think of someone/something else? I'm still not clear how to think about this.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It doesn't have to be negative at all. It could be something in yourself that is good, but so powerful it scares you. The block itself could be that you are fearing nothing but fear itself.

For example, I'm afraid of my inner strength, always have been. People have always said I'm strong and I have always been embarrassed when they've said it. I doubted that I was strong at all. I didn't feel that way to myself.

But with all the horrible things I've been through, especially with the custody battle I'm lately involved in, I am learning that I AM strong and it's not something to be afraid of.

Everyone starts out incomplete. Part of our life journey is recognizing parts of ourself that we are not consciously aware of, accepting them, and integrating them. It can take a lifetime for people to do. Or not, depending on how you face up to its truth, and look within yourself.

Perhaps you are afraid to trust your intuition. Perhaps you are afraid to trust yourself with someone you are attracted to. It could be many things, but if you continue to dwell on them as being negatives you may never be able to face and integrate them.

I'm not explaining this very well, I don't think. The psychiatrist, Carl Jung, explained it with his concept of the Shadow.

You can read more about this at these links:

www.shadowdance.com...

www.kevinwilson.info...

pandc.ca...

Some people agree with Jung, some do not. I have found, in my own experience with this inner quest, that his concepts are more true FOR ME than not. His theories of psychological archetypes make more sense to me than Freud's fixation on sexuality, for example.

Try to stop seeing the hidden aspects as yourself as negative, then you may be able to assess them and come to know them. But if you continue to see them as negative, you are denying part of yourself. They are only scary because you don't know them. Yet.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I've had two dreams very recently involving UFO's.

In the first dream I could see UFO's in the distance, I told my girlfriend we had to go and by
the time we got outside to the car the UFO's were all over the place firing pink lasers and
destroying houses and cars. I didn't feel afraid but had a urgency to get out of there.
People were running and panicking and asking to get in my car, I let them in and drove off.

In the second dream (Which was two days after the first) I could see a door.
Light was shining from the edges of the door from the inside.
I opened it and walked into a room. The room was dull inside and stood against
the wall were three aliens. They were motionless, naked, very tall, a dull yellow color and
spaced equally apart. I wasn't afraid and just looked at them, then I woke up.

The only weird thing I found about these dreams is that I didn't find them weird.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I had two types of reoccuring dreams involving aliens. #1 I look up at the stars, and suddenly there are ships. Everywhere you like, vessels of various shapres and sizes. A small disc like on in my backyard, a huge triangle over the streets, etc. I don't get a very good feeling from it all. (Probably my personal bias). Everyone around me seems to view them with awe.

Dream # 2 involved some area I've never been too. Railroad tracks, open spaces, woods. Murder of relatives... Not quite sure. Has a lot to do with government conspiracy and bad intentions.

Both of these I've had a few dozen times, with slight changes here and there. Probably has to do with my personal bias, culture, and coming to ATS too often.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77
I had an odd encounter in my dreams several nights ago. I was driving downtown in a strange place in my dream, where they had fairly typical looking urban style houses. i get out of my car on this block where people are in the street gauking at these discs which in my dream rode smoothly around above in a menacing fashion. I remember a sequence also where i was hiding in a basement and a disc came up to the BASEMENT window, starred at me with no expression through the window of the disc, then flew off and i woke up shortly after that. Not in a panic, just really creeped out. anyone experience wierd dreams with odd creatures? By the way, it did look like a standard alien, but more hybrid maybe as its eyes looked almost like ours, and had an enlarged head.

I had a dream last week where me and my friends were being attacked by a 3 eyed monster it had black almost furlike skin!

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I've had countless dreams with aliens , in which they tell me info or predictions of stuff that have happened or will happen.I've kept a dozen sketches of the different types of beings I have seen in my dreams, some that were taller than me and some that were 4'0 tall.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I’ve had allot of dreams with aliens telling me stuff, I don't think I’ll ever understand, but I also have had allot of experiences in a way where they are just too real to be dreams..... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Dear Violet and all ATS members,

As I've been reading your encounters, I notice you dream with both the spacecraft (UFO) and the greys or hybrid greys...I have not read all of them but...has someone had an encounter with a humanoid alien?
I want to know because I have, twice at least...and the good thing about dreams is that, if they are extremely captivating, you keep them in your memory always...
When I was 11 or 12 years old, I had a dream in which I sat in the garden of my current house and just looked around the garden when all of the sudden a boy my age appears with a ball. He moves the ball towards me, like wanting to play. I remember starring at the ball and then staring at him; he had dirty blonde hair, tanned skin and his eyes were huge almond shaped with-what called my attention the most-the color, they were violet, but not the Elizabeth Taylor violet, his violet "moved" around his iris, very luring. He had a kind and warm face and when I touched the ball he smiled at me. His face is like a picture in my head. We started to play and we had so much fun, but he never spoke-it was all body language. He was mute all the time but always smiling.
Anyways, I remember how sad I was when my mom woke me up the next day. She asked me if my dream was good because I was laughing while asleep. As a normal 11 or 12 year old, I just thought "oh well, just a dream" but because I had so much fun I would always cherish it.
However, about 3 weeks ago I had a dream in which I was walking inside of a huge white building, there where people there but, no furniture and no one would look at each other they would just "walk around". As I walked and looked around I saw a familiar face that kindly smiled at me as he walked by my pace. He had scapula length black soft wavy hair, his skin was tanned (olive-Egyptian), he was about 6'3, athletic built and wore a 3 piece black body suit-but most importantly, his eyes were violet. He gave me a familiar feeling but I couldnt tell who he was, anyways, without speaking a word, I started to follow him around, he would stop to show me from the buildings windows a bunch of pastel crystals, but I couldnt tell what they were, as we kept walking we would "move higher" but there where no stairs so I couldnt tell, however when we got to the very top, I could finally see a city made of pastel crystals that had a soft radiance, he showed me different things during the walk but I can only remember the city. When I woke up, I decide to write my dream down before I would forget something. As I wrote the description of my "friend" it came to my mind, the same kind looking face that was now my age-yes, the same boy from when I was 11/12 and now at 19 he came "back"?
What do you all think?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
before I left Canada, I had a very strange dream... I was in a bright place and a group of tall, dark figures emerged from the brightness, they were clothed in shining robes that seemed to sparkle in the light. I could not see their faces very well, but I could see their eyes clearly, these large circular yellow things that glowed from the darkness of their faces. They each seemed to have a different body build, some a little taller and thinner, or some a little shorter and fatter, and so on... I could not see what the rest of their face looked like as they were just dark silhouettes in the beaming light that surrounded them. Then I heard them say... "we have seen you... lingering human"... and that is when I woke up.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by theMat
before I left Canada, I had a very strange dream... I was in a bright place and a group of tall, dark figures emerged from the brightness, they were clothed in shining robes that seemed to sparkle in the light. I could not see their faces very well, but I could see their eyes clearly, these large circular yellow things that glowed from the darkness of their faces. They each seemed to have a different body build, some a little taller and thinner, or some a little shorter and fatter, and so on... I could not see what the rest of their face looked like as they were just dark silhouettes in the beaming light that surrounded them. Then I heard them say... "we have seen you... lingering human"... and that is when I woke up.

Dear theMat,
You could actually listen to the(ir) voice(s)?!?
Do you recall hearing anything else? Or was the whole place silent?
My alien dreams are always in "mute" lol
Your race sounds familiar to mine but different at the same time....

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by PERHELIA

Yes, I heard them say that, although I don't know if it was a voice or perhaps just a projection (or dream of a projection) of what they were communicating. I don't think a human could make that kind of voice with their physical vocal chords, and there was no indication that there was any sound coming from their mouths (maybe just because their mouths were invisible from sight to me).

I have not looked into it too much, nor have I discussed it with many people (I was busy getting my travel documents ready at the time), but it is a dream that I won't forget in a long time. It was a very odd dream indeed... partly because I don't particularly dream often, and I had not been watching or reading anything to do with aliens at that particular point in time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join