It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

240,000 'Illegl aliens sex offenders in the U.S. today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
This staggering static,of the number of sexual offenders is rarely mentioned in the media, was revealed in a study by Deborah Schurman-Kauflin of the Violent Crimes Institute in Atlanta,Ga. Since 1999 there have been nearly 1 million victims of rape, child molestation, sexual homicides, by "illegal immigrants" here in the U.S. So you can see it's not the "undocumented workers" who are the victims of our immigration policy. It's the 1 million American women and children being raped by these "illegal outlaws"

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
There is no telling who's in the country.But don't worry,there just here to "work".

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
General T, not only that, look at this:

If This passes, there will be more

If this amnesty bill passes that the Demopukes are pushing, we will have many,many more here. There are no provisions in the bill to stop them from being sexual offenders.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I had to give you a star for that one speaker. I have a feeling that a lot more will happen, if this bill passes. I know at least 1 million people who will be very mad.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
One million? Try about 80% of the American population.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
speaker, if the immigrants get amnesty and are sex offenders they'll have to register. that's an improvement, is it not?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
speaker, if the immigrants get amnesty and are sex offenders they'll have to register.

That is not what the bill says:

those who have sexually abused a minor – are eligible for amnesty. A child molester who committed the crime before the bill is enacted is not barred from getting amnesty if their conviction document omitted the age of the victim

It says absolutely nothing about the sex offender having to register. As a matter of fact, the bill can be taken to mean that the offense is forgotten once they attain residency here in the states.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
My brother is an assemblyman in the San Diego, CA area. He is introducing legislation that would provide for illegal who are criminals, for them to be sent back to Mexico. I think that's a good step forward. He researched how much it is costing the U.S. taxpayers to support criminals and apparently it's quite alot.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
My brother is an assemblyman in the San Diego, CA area. He is introducing legislation that would provide for illegal who are criminals, for them to be sent back to Mexico. I think that's a good step forward. He researched how much it is costing the U.S. taxpayers to support criminals and apparently it's quite alot.

That would seem to be the most plausible thing to do. Why even allow sexual offenders to immigrate over here. We have enough of that within our own society, without transmigrating it from another.

ape

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Criminal illegal aliens have done more harm to US citizens over the years when compared to the islamic jihadists, alot more. Our tAX dollars take care of them in our over-crowded prisons, and private prisons profit for the imprisonment of illegals. I have come to the conclusion our real national security crisis is at our southern border and illegal criminal aliens and illegal aliens in general. Year after year they rape, murder and terrorize more US citizens than any muslim will ever achieve. I'm not disregarding 9/11 or islamic jihadists however the numbers dont lie and the numbers are staggering. Lets not forget they are also imploding all of our social programs and schools and changing the landscape of US politics etc.. the sad part is they are being assisted by our elected officials, and corporate america special interest groups.

[edit on 22-6-2007 by ape]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

He researched how much it is costing the U.S. taxpayers to support criminals and apparently it's quite alot.

Well certainly. You compound the crime that already exists here in the U.S on top of what some illegals bring, and the numbers are atrocious. While this is a bit off topic, I think that it is pertinent to mention, that I have to snicker when someone says that they don't support the death penalty. My question to those people is simple.What do you propose? I certainly, as a taxpayer, am not willing to support the life of a murderer indefinitely.

Like I said, that is a little off topic, but it certainly can be applied to the housing of illegal immigrants who have committed crimes here. Why should Americans be held liable to pay for their care in the prison system when it would be much more efficient and logical to send them back to where ever they came from?

ape

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

He researched how much it is costing the U.S. taxpayers to support criminals and apparently it's quite alot.

Like I said, that is a little off topic, but it certainly can be applied to the housing of illegal immigrants who have committed crimes here. Why should Americans be held liable to pay for their care in the prison system when it would be much more efficient and logical to send them back to where ever they came from?

I think unless the case is murder or rape they should be sent back right away. Problem is they would be able to come right back when released seeing that our government encourages illegal immigration and refuses to guard the borders and go after employers.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Today is a day that is important for all of us to remember. Tomorrow we must get back on the phones and call all of our reps., senators and congressmen. We must stand and deliver a final blow to this immigration bill. DON"T FORGET!! Let's us never forget what these men and women have done to us and our country, by letting all these illegal immigrants in on top of us. They let this plague come on our nation freely. The next time we have a chance to vote them out let us remember and never forget which one's have stood for us and never forget those that stood against us. In the next election let our voices be heard and our votes counted, to tell the story of how we feel on these issues. This has been General T. One who cry's for his nation with a loud voice not with tears but rather a battle cry saying "LET US BE HEARD".

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ape

I think unless the case is murder or rape they should be sent back right away. Problem is they would be able to come right back when released seeing that our government encourages illegal immigration and refuses to guard the borders and go after employers.

Well, that is precisely why our borders should be secured before we try to figure out what we are going to do with the illegals that are already here. Our government is working back ass wards. Our government wants to figure out what to do with the illegals that are here, before they secure our borders. It seems pretty senseless to me.

[edit on 25-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Here's the Source for the OP's claim.

• Point 1: This "study" is flawed in methadology in such a way that could falsely advance the appearance that illegal immigrants are raping America en masse.

(If you work the numbers in the fast and loose manner that the good doctor has, it would suggest that if you took all women under the age of 75 in America, more than 1 out of every 13 is statistically likely to have been raped by an illegal immigrant. Unlikely.)

The exact figures are questionable. Dr. Schurman-Kauflin is a profiler. She plays the percentages. She deals in possibilities and probabilities, not absolutes.

She has no source indicating that there have in fact been nearly a million victims.

She took an estimate of how many illegals there are in the country.

Then she estimated which percentage of them are sex offenders (she estimated 2%).

She then took a sampling of 1,500 offenders and applied the average number of victims for that sample (4) and applied that to the estimated 2% of 12 million immigrants to come up with the number of victims.

She offers no detailed explanation of her methadology. If you have ever taken a gander at a peer reviewed professional journal serving professions that require a doctorate, you might have noticed that such an error can raise serious questions about the validity and even the motive of a study.
There is an inconclusive hint as to her method though.
The first sentence might suggest an attempt to modify the average in the general population by the measure statistically dictated by demographic differences. This would be flawed because we do not have accurate demographics of the illegal population. Any attempt to do that would be dependent on a sample, the size and nature of which the doctor has not disclosed.
The second sentence might suggest that the number was taken from a random sampling of ICE reports and public records relating to illegal immigrants. Again the sample, if there is one, is not discussed, and even if it were it would be invalid as the sources for the sample are sources that one becomes more likely to be known to if he commits crimes. An immigrant who commits no crime other than illegal immigration is less likely to be apprehended by police and documented in those sources.
It is important to remember however that the doctor makes no explicit claim to having examined a sample from those sources by any analytical method. It is worded carelessly, and could be an unreliable assertion of "common knowledge"- a rough guess of what she thinks she's seen in the past.
In either case the 2% figure is completely unreliable.

Based on population numbers of 12,000,000 illegal immigrants and the fact that young males make up more of this population than the general U.S. population, sex offenders in the illegal immigrant group make up a higher percentage. When examining ICE reports and public records, it is consistent to find sex offenders comprising 2% of illegals apprehended.

The figure of four victims per criminal is also suspect because each offense increases the likelihood of being caught. Those who only had one victim, perhaps on multiple occasions, would be underrepresented (and those, incidentally, would be most likely to be the ones who are family to the victim) which means that not only is the projected number of victims inflated with crimes that probably never happened at all, but the actual number would consist in part of crimes that still would have happened if the immigration had not occurred.

• Point 2: The offender data provided by this study suggests that improving conditions for illegals could drastically reduce crime. Our current strategies in combatting illegal immigration could be part of the problem.

Nearly 63% had been deported on another offense prior to the sex crime. There was an average of 3 years of committing crimes such as DUI, assaults, or drug related offenses prior to being apprehended for a sexual offense.

(snip) In fact, 81% of offenders were drinking or using drugs prior to offending.

(snip)They were transient in that they went where work took them. Therefore, only 25% were stable within a community.

(snip)Only 22% had graduated high school.

There is a question of cause vs effect that is perhaps too deep of a tangent for us to enter in this thread. The fact that 63% worked their way up to sexual assault with other crimes does suggest "formative years" for the criminal mind- and the question is, "formed by what?".

I submit to you that by raising standards for working conditions and wages and making employers strictly accountable for them, we can decrease the demand for illegal immigrants to be exploited, thereby driving down the overall number of illegal immigrants while simultaneously reducing the criminal proclivities of those that we do encounter by providing them the opportunity for stable lives in which there is less draw to alcohol or drugs and less incentive to petty crimes from which one might graduate to violent crimes and sex crimes.

Further progress is also indicated as possible if we pressure Mexico and other nations from which we experience large-scale immigration to put their own houses in order, increasing education and decreasing immigration.

Our tactics in regards to illegal immigration are ineffective, therefore this study presents no argument in favor of them. From the right perspective, this study can be interpereted as highlighting the need for different tactics: tactics which may not appeal to our gruff and tough sense of quick, ruthlessly efficient conservative problem solving, but despite whatever ideological irritation they might be to us, will be more likely to solve the material problems at hand.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
FACT one: As soon as these outlaws come across our borders they rape our nation of the money we were so conveniently denied because they didn't go through the legal process. That legal process costs money and time. FACT two: When they arrive they drive our wages down because they are willing to work for little pay. Simiply because they live fifty to sixty per household and they don't incur the same rent as we do because when we pay $600.00 to what ever a month. They pay 25.00 to 50.00 a month because they live the way they do. The rest of thier money goes back to mexico without paying taxes on it. That is one of the tactics these politicians are trying to use to get this bill passed."Well if we make them citizens then we can tax them". "Bahumbug" they have already ruined our cities and our way of making a living in this country because they have worked for so cheap for so long that the American populus goes into a state of shock when an American worker says what it will take to get them to work. Another tactic the political machine is using to get their bill passed, "If we make them legal it will help their pay go up." What they refuse to see is they will take pride in knowing that they are now citizens and they will want the same pay as everyone else makes, so in essence, they will become a greater weight on our welfare system because you see, now they are real citizens not willing to work so cheaply and they need the assistance of our government to help them survive in this high dollar country. A "little did you know" statement.If the other citizens coming though the legal process from other countries earn ONE DOLLAR without having the right papers they lose the right to EVER become citizens here. So let us not forget that the other citizens who have come though legal means to get here, payed their way to become legal citizens. We aren't just standing for us but for those who have chosen the legal way instead of the outlaw way to come to our country. So don't give me "Mrs. Kauflin's data is incorrect" crap. She is at least a legal citizen doing a service for our country. Whether she is right or wrong, she is at the very least giving us some data on a subject that I think is important for us to know about. Today ,in the senate ,they are deciding our fate as a nation. So we can argue whether the data is correct or not, but we must keep pressure on our senators today. So at the least in the future when our children say Daddy why can't we eat? We can at the least say Daddy fought the machine that has forgotten us the day we had a chance. We need to get on the phones and tell our senators how we feel on this bill.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
With all due respect my friend, I can answer your understandably empassioned post with very little other than a wish that it were a little more relevant.

Doctor Kauflin's data is flawed. That's not crap, that's a fact. She is building sex into an excuse for her position through dishonest means.

She doesn't have to do that to represent her point. There are valid economic and social arguments to be made on her side of the issue as well as mine.

You allude to the economic arguments. There's a real issue. There's something I'd love to see Kauflin bring her education and tallent to bear on much more than I enjoy her all show and no go sex offender argument.

I would very much enjoy discussing those economic issues with you or anyone else in detail. I believe that they are the root of this problem which must be struck at, and as such the key to discovering a sollution that will work better than our current system. If our current system were working, afterall, this bill wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

I must not go into too great a depth on the economic issues in this particular thread because the stipulated topic here is infact the sex offenders. Assuming that you see fit, I will eagerly await your invitation via U2U to a more appropriate thread to discuss those issues (you're welcome to start such a thread and reap the benefits of that), or be equally eager to ponder any rebuttals of my challenges to Doctor Kauflin's paper.

Thanks for the reply GeneralT. It's always a pleasure to talk with someone who feels strongly about government in this country, even if those feelings sometimes run opposed to my own.

top topics

join