It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legal Affidavit: Walter Haut Discloses Roswell Truth (released after death)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Bill Birnes, publisher of UFO Magazine was on Coast to Coast tonight discussing major disclosure. Lt. Walter Haut, came forward with what he experienced on the day of the Roswell crash. On July 8, 1947 Walter Haut, the 509th Public Information Officer, released a press release that stated in part, "The many rumors regarding the flying disc became a reality yesterday...The flying object landed on a ranch near Roswell sometime last week." This was later recanted and the weather ballon theory was brought forward.

In 2002 Walter Haut swore out a notarized affidavit that was not be released until after his death. Now the true Roswell event is being brought out written and detailed in his message. In 2 weeks the full article will be released.

This sounds amazing that an Air Force officer that witnessed the Roswell event has allowed us such deep insight that he himself could not speak of until after his death.

Is it the truth this time? True disclosure?

There are a few different way Haut has told this story over the years though all point to a flying saucer recovered at Roswell.
========================================

Lt Haut's Quotes and former 1993 Affadavit
"...AFFIDAVIT

My name is Walter Haut.
My address is: [-------BLACKED OUT-------]
I am retired.
In July 1947, I was stationed at the Roswell Army Air base, serving as the base Public Information Officer. At approximately 9:30 AM on July 8, I received a call from Col. William Blanchard, the base commander, who said he had in his possession a flying saucer or parts thereof. He said it came from a ranch northwest of Roswell, and that the base Intelligence Officer, Major Jesse Marcel, was going to fly the material to Fort Worth.
Col. Blanchard told me to write a news release about the operation and to deliver it to both newspapers and the two radio stations in Roswell. He felt that he wanted the local media to have the first opportunity to have the story. I went first to KGFL, then to KSWS, then to the *Daily Record* and finally to the *Morning Dispatch*.
The next day, I read in the newspaper that General Roger Ramey in Fort Worth has said the object was a weather balloon.
I believe Col. Blanchard saw the material, because he sounded positive about what the material was. There is no chance that he would have mistaken it for a weather balloon. Neither is there any chance that Major Marcel would have been mistaken.
In 1980, Jesse Marcel told me that the material photographed in Gen. Ramey's office was not the material he had recovered.
I am convinced that the material recovered was some type of craft from outer space.
I have not been paid nor given anything of value to make this statement, and it is the truth to the best of my recollection.........
===========================================

Now to see what the WHOLE story is in his 2002 Affadavit which will come out in 2 weeks in UFO Magazine.

On Coast to Coast AM there were a few leaks to what will be contained in the new affadavit. It does mention Major Jesse Marcel and Lt. Walter Haut had both seen the real wreckage. The civilian sector started releaseing new about a vehicle all over the place. The following morning he went into the Roswell staff meeting at 7 AM and names of the attendees in the meeting are listed. From Fort Worth Texas Brigadere General Roger Ramey and Brig. Gen. Thomas Jefferson Dubose flew in to attend the meeting. This dicussion was about the debris field at a second sight approx 40 miles north of town. Two sights of crash debris . Lt. Haut stated, "Samples of wreckage were passed around the table and all got to examine. It was unlike any material I had or have ever seen in my entire life with unusual markings." There was a discussion over whether to disclose the truth of what had happened. The initial decision was to let the public know about the Roswell incident to divert attention from the secondary debris field just north and many people had already witnessed the object. Col Blanchard suggested that Haut go to Hangar 84, where from a safe distance he was allowed to observe a 12x15 foot egg shaped vehicle that appeared metalic with no landing gear, windows, wings or anything. He then states that he could see covered bodies with only the heads exposed and that the unusual large heads were observable, but details of facial features were not able to be seen at that distance. He did observe the small stature of the bodies, and determined that they were about the size of a 10 year old child. Col. William Blanchard then motioned with his hand that they were about this tall (indicating about 4 feet from the ground).

This seems to back up what many others have said including Jesse Marcel's son and Corso.

This is just an excerp from what is to come. I am looking forward to reading the whole letter.

[edit on 6/20/2007 by infinite8]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Here is a link that describes the book that is being released. Most of what was said on Coast to Coast is pretty much in there about Haut, in abbreviated form. This link has much more info though on new witnesses. An interesting read for sure.

www.virtuallystrange.net...

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Atomic, I have read a lot of the information gathered around Roswell and key players, but I have never heard of such detailed disclosure of the events by Haut until now. Corso (read his book) also went into great detail. It seems that a lot of pieces are coming together with this addition of a new detailed affidavit.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Yep...I'm just learning about all this so I'm going to take it all in and be cautious.

It would be nice if they could really get all these people together at one time and push the issue with a large media event. It's easy to pick them off one at a time (though some deserve to be picked off), the group voice works so much better.

Gotta get some sleep. Hopefully I can check out this new book soon.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   

In 1980, Jesse Marcel told me that the material photographed in Gen. Ramey's office was not the material he had recovered.

so why didnt Marcel himself say the material in rameys office was not what was recovered? Nice of him to change Marcels testimony after Marcels dead.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

so why didnt Marcel himself say the material in rameys office was not what was recovered? Nice of him to change Marcels testimony after Marcels dead.

Yeti, the material he is speaking of is the weather ballon material. He is claiming that the weather balloon material presented in Ramey's office, when directed to go in front of the news media, was not he had recovered from the crash. Marcel had picked up, among other things, an I-rod piece of material with strange markings as well as pieces of metal that were paper thin, impervious to temperature, and could be balled up and returned to their orginal shape. Ramey, though he witnessed the true materials was presenting a new story with a weather balloon for public release.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   

heh heh...

THE MANY STORIES OF LT. HAUT

"When Blanchard talked to you about what to say, did he use the words 'flying saucer?"' I asked. "Did he seem to be frightened?"

[...]

"I do not remember the minute details," Haut told me. "I feel that I've had a pretty full life, and how the colonel passed that information on to me I cannot honestly tell you. I don't know whether he called me on the phone and said, `Haut, I want you to put out a press release and hand deliver it to the local news media. Here's what I want in it. "Or," Haut continued, "the adjutant might have called and said, `Haut, the old man's got a press release he wants you to pick up and take it around town."

When I pressed Haut about the authorship of the release, he answered frankly: "I cannot honestly remember whether I wrote it, whether he had given me the information and told me `This is what I want in it.' It was not that big a production at that time, in my mind."

"Well, there were quite a few reports of flying saucers at that time," Haut reminded me. "I had a multitude of hats I wore. I had all kinds of things to do. I asked my wife, when all this [the renewed interest in Roswell in the mid 1980s] started, `Do you remember me coming home and saying anything about it?"' Her reply, he recalled, was simply no."

Translation: Haut lied. Haut made up the "press release" on his own and he most likely encouraged the press to use the term "flying saucer"... and I actually have some other [unpublicized] evidence that supports this but that's for another thread... or not.

Also, there is zero evidence to support the claim that Haut ever even saw the debris.

I guess Roswell is living proof that a sucker is born every minute.

Just in time for the 60th Anniversary too! Step right up folks, don't forget your wallets, and please leave your brains at the door...

[edit on 20-6-2007 by Access Denied]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
INFINITE8

Marcel said in his 1978 interview with stanton friedman & in the 1979 film "ufos are real" that the debris he was photographed with was soem of the debris recovered from ther ranch.

"They took one picture of me on the floor holding up some of the less-interesting metallic debris…The stuff in that one photo was pieces of the actual stuff we found. It was not a staged photo" - From the book "The roswell incident" (1980)

it really doesnt come much clearer than that.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Why are sudden releases of "new information" always connected with
the publishing of a book, or some other money making event. Am I
being a sourpuss by thinking like this? It seems that the entire society
is turning into a big sales machine. Wouldn't significant new information
come forth in a more official manner with no strings attached?
-cwm

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Interesting that Haut created a lega affidavitt that was supposed to be released after his death to basically say that, yes, he believes it was a crashed UFO.

NEWS FLASH!

This is not something new.

Haut had been for a long time professing his "belief" that the crash was alien and not a weather balloon. In fact, the man co-founded the Roswell museum for Pete's Sake!

We met Dennis at the UFO Museum that he co-founded with Walter Haut and Max Littell in 1992.

Found in story here.

This "affidavitt" reeks of publicity stunt.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
This "affidavitt" reeks of publicity stunt.

It only remains for the affadavit to be "siezed by government agents!"

[edit on 20-6-2007 by PersonFromPorlock]

[edit on 20-6-2007 by PersonFromPorlock]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Originally posted by Access Denied

Also, there is zero evidence to support the claim that Haut ever even saw the debris.

I guess Roswell is living proof that a sucker is born every minute.

Just in time for the 60th Anniversary too! Step right up folks, don't forget your wallets, and please leave your brains at the door...

Well, well, well. Mr LA biker/propulsion expert comes clean!

My opinion is that when a 'biker and alleged proulsion expert' stoops to claiming that Walter Haut is lying, he is in the final stages of ultimate denial. Thanks AD, there is now no doubt who you are and who you represent. Tactically you had almost no credibillity until this. Thanks for the post.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Mr lear, if haut is telling the truth why didnt Major Marcel say the debris he was photographed with was switched debris in his 1978 & 1979 interviews. The debris switch story only arose in 1990 - 12 years after Marcel gave his account and 4 years after he died.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I understand that Haut has different stories over the years, but it seems that he is claiming that he could never fully tell the truth until after he had already passed away. Is this the real truth finally?

I am more inclined to believe that the real truth is in this "to be released" document, as opposed to what he revealed or lied about during his living years.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Mr lear, if haut is telling the truth why didnt Major Marcel say the debris he was photographed with was switched debris in his 1978 & 1979 interviews.

You mean other than his pension?

You mean other than his sworn secrecy to the military?

You mean other than he enjoyed being alive?

You mean other than having to deal with the same avalanche of ridicule that Adamski, Menger, Betherum and others did?

Hmmmmm. Sorry, I don't know.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Funny the Roswell story was same story I read in encyclopidia in the late 50's funny how some make up storys to make theirs sound better,I think you should do some research before sticking foot in mouth Biker,and if you knew anyone in any capacity in the military or other agency's you do and say as your told,doing otherwise is looked on as treason,you take an oath,better stick by it

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Mr lear, if haut is telling the truth why didnt Major Marcel say the debris he was photographed with was switched debris in his 1978 & 1979 interviews.

You mean other than his pension?

You mean other than his sworn secrecy to the military?

You mean other than he enjoyed being alive?

You mean other than having to deal with the same avalanche of ridicule that Adamski, Menger, Betherum and others did?

Hmmmmm. Sorry, I don't know.

Sorry, I don't buy it. "Fear" of military/gov't retaliation is a old scapegoat that strains credibility with each passing year. What person wouldn't raise hellstorm if the government pulled his pension because he talked about the "truth."

The secrecy oath? Okay, that has more credence, but why the heck would Haut then be involved with the Roswell story for nearly two decades if he was living up to his oath. Seems he only marched out the oath excuse when intrepid questioners began to hound him on inconsistencies.

"Being alive?" Seriously, name one person who has been killed, liquidated, vanquished, wet worked, etc. because of UFO knowledge....
Seems to me if the government wasn't willing to bury you six feet under for disclosing the October Surprise, then I don't think they'd even stoop to polish the barrel of the gun that would have been used to silence Haut.

Ultimately, Roswell has become the grand money-making machine for those with even tacit involvement in the original incident. And to me it boils down to that our government is just piss poor at keeping secrets -- particularly grand ones like this -- under wraps for very long. Come on, Mr. Lear. Do you think the CIA and the government had any desire for Extraordinary Rendition to become public knowledge? They tried to keep it secret, certainly, but alas.

If there were any cake under this icing, it would have come out irrefutably years ago.

[edit on 6/20/2007 by behindthescenes]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Haut to living relatives prior to death:

Listen, I don't have much to leave you but I know how you can make a little cash. If we plan this right and you release the info at the right time it may just work.

Now I'm not saying this is the case, however it is plausible and if I were to guess I would say that nothing will be resolved after this next go round except for the lining of a few pockets.

Just for the record I am firmly on the fence regarding Roswell.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
lol john , are you serious?

If Marcel thought he had anything to lose or was afraid of losing it he would have never told the story in the first place.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

lol john , are you serious?

About what?

If Marcel thought he had anything to lose or was afraid of losing it he would have never told the story in the first place.

Then I guess you haven't been following the story from the beginning. Maybe you missed the beginning of the Jesse Marcel story. Under what circumstances did he initially tell his story? And what did Stan say about the conversation? Thanks for your post.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join