It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to the Masons who post on this board....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaucyRossy
Rock I am not accusing you or Freemasonry of this but the way you just listed those things to me is a classic case of how cults brainwash you.

Repetition of things stated as fact when they most of the time aren't, beaten over and over into your head until you will believe anything that is told to you.

Now please don't think I am saying you are brainwashed but i am just saying when I read that i got this uneasy feeling like these are all unoriginal thoughts planted in your head to justify things for yourself.

It was just an impression nothing more or less.

With that said I am starting to understand what you and others are doing here. You are basically just trying to explain how it is just a way of thinking and bettering your self and that the 'big conspiracy' is that you are in on what is the 'right path' in life and we aren't. Is that close?

I like the idea of this thread and nice post there. It seems to me as though some freemasons have decided that there could never be anything wrong with their organisation.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I like the idea of this thread and nice post there. It seems to me as though some freemasons have decided that there could never be anything wrong with their organisation.

No Mason would admit that there are not "problems" within this organization, as there are problems within any organization where humans are involved..

No Mason would admit that the entire organization its self is in fact a problem.. and I think it's safe to say that very few people seem to understand the actions of an individual and the actions of an entire people.....

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sb2012
Page i provided is fine. I think problem with all these posts is, lower degrees of Freemasonry have no idea what is going on deeper in society. No wonder you then all jump when someone mentions politics while you work on good stuff, as you say.

"The great strength of our Order lies in its concealment; let it never appear in any place in its own name, but always concealed by another name, and another occupation. None is fitter than the lower degrees of Freemasonry; the public is accustomed to it, expects little from it, and therefore takes little notice of it. Next to this, the form of a learned or literary society is best suited to our purpose, and had Freemasonry not existed, this cover would have been employed; and it may be much more than a cover, it may be a powerful engine in our hands... A Literary Society is the most proper form for the introduction of our Order into any state where we are yet strangers." (as quoted in John Robinson's "Proofs of a Conspiracy" 1798, re- printed by Western Islands, Boston, 1967, p. 112)

I think anyone can see the facts, read some book or check internet pages.

[edit on 25-6-2007 by sb2012]

Note: John Robison not John Robinson

If you are using "Proofs of a Conspiracy" as your source material, you might want to reconsider that strategy...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaucyRossy
the fact remains throughout history there have been very notable rich and powerful people who were Masons

There have also been many many more who were not. To ignore them in your reasoning is an inductive fallacy.

The distribution of such people in Freemasonry is, at best, only slightly higher than the distribution of those people in the population at large.

Also, "throughout history" really only means "in the last 200 years".

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
Talking about the issues you raise above, and indeed all religious or political talk, is banned at lodge.

That is at the discretion of the individual Lodge. There is no hierarchy that can make that decision for others. In fact, I'm rather curious why you would vote to ban any sort of discussion. If the members of your Lodge are talking at cross purposes in these areas to such an extent that it had to be banned, maybe you ought to split the Lodge? It sounds like it's too large to me.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
But we don't go to the Lodge to talk about issues, we go there to practice Freemasonry. Profane politics have no place within the sacred precincts of the Lodge. When the Lodge door is closed, the contamination of the outer world should not invade the purified environment of an inititiatory society.

Elitist BS, and that's exactly why these conspiracy theorists pick on Freemasonry.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
What you so readily label as "elitist" is simply an attempt to filter out that which is divisive or destruction or simply a waste of time on a mental level.

We simply try to keep the Lodge room free of certain things that are abundant in the outside world, for clarity and harmony's sake. For the purpose of instruction and learning.

It's the same thing that a practitioner of meditation does with their mind.

It's doesn't mean that Freemasons, or Buddhists, think they're better than others.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by Roark]

Cug

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

The only difference is that, at least to my understanding, the O.T.O. does not release financial statements to members (if this is not correct, please let me know).

FYI

This just came out today.

The O.T.O.'s annual report including financial statements. With a not that more complete financial records are available.

oto-usa.org...

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xisuthros

Elitist BS, and that's exactly why these conspiracy theorists pick on Freemasonry.

I'm really not interested in conspiracy theorists who "pick on Freemasonry". I've dealt with many of them, on this forum and elsewhere, and they are usually quite boring, repeating the same things over and over like parrots.

If the more timid brethren are concerned with them, so be it, but I prefer looking at Freemasonry as something more dignified than just a civic club.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sb2012
I think problem with all these posts is, lower degrees of Freemasonry have no idea what is going on deeper in society.
[edit on 25-6-2007 by sb2012]

I think that is the key when discussing Free Masons....There are what 33 degrees, and so ofcourse MOST Masons have no clue what is going on at the top, I am sure it is to there benifit to have as many normal people as in your neighbor Bob down the street or your brother Bill, this confuses people and keeps the real "secret" hidden. Because how could Bill or Bob possible be in some cult that is working for who knows what?? ( i have heard Satanists but have a hard time believing this, however, there are alot of people that believe in God and that is almost the same)

Also I ask the Masons here....from what I understand you do rituals and dress up in robes quite like the KKK and such....is that just for fun? get you into the spirit? or is there more involved? ofcourse that is probably top secret....but very intriguing...

and what is with all the Masonic symbolism around and brought to the US when the country was founded? Just innocent fun or you just like seeing your stuff around?

You only need a few of the right men in powerful enough positions to help the "brotherhood" work towards there goal....and many innocent followers to confuse the rest of us....

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
There are only 3 degrees in the main body of Freemasonry, the highest of which is Master Mason.

The "33 degrees" that people often refer to only exist within the Scottish Rite, an appendant body of Freemasonry.

Oh, and yes... you're onto us. We are seeking to control the world by chipping your children's brains and making pacts with reptilian aliens.

*rubs hands together and cackles*

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopsyKret

I think that is the key when discussing Free Masons....There are what 33 degrees

There are 33 degrees in the Scottish Rite of Masonry. Other Masonic Rites have different numbers of degrees.

and so ofcourse MOST Masons have no clue what is going on at the top

If they don't, it's no one fault but their own.

Also I ask the Masons here....from what I understand you do rituals and dress up in robes quite like the KKK and such....is that just for fun? get you into the spirit? or is there more involved? ofcourse that is probably top secret....but very intriguing...

In the Lodge, we practice initiation rituals for new members. We generally wear suits and our Masonic regalia.

In the Scottish and York Rites, the initiation ceremonies are in the form of plays, complete with costumes, stage props, lighting, music, etc., similar to what you would see in visiting a theatre performing a play.

and what is with all the Masonic symbolism around and brought to the US when the country was founded? Just innocent fun or you just like seeing your stuff around?

Both.

You only need a few of the right men in powerful enough positions to help the "brotherhood" work towards there goal....and many innocent followers to confuse the rest of us....

Then it must be working!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join