It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a cheap camera for video taping ufos?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'd like to buy a relatively inexpensive video camera that can also take pictures. I'm assuming for ufo viewing something that would have IR or nightvision and excellent zooming would be best. I dont know much about cameras and any other features or advice would be appreciated! I'm searching on ebay now for a used one and no clue where to start.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I use this one
cgi.ebay.com... ViewItem

There is a removable IR cut filter on it, and it is HD resolution.
It is standard CS mount so any lens from a CCTV camer will work.

There are also step up rings to allow 35mm lens's

I use mine on a 90mm SCT telescope. I can video tape the space shuttle in orbit with the telescope connected to it.

Just hook the video RCA connector to a video recorder or a capture card on a computer. I run mine into a cheap mini DV camcorder for recording purposes only.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I thought this sony cyber shot camera would fill my needs pretty nicely. But again i dont know much about the camera market any advice would be appreciated.

Sony Cyber-shot

damn and i think its $1,000.00 new. Selling for maybe 100.00 on ebay.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Sony makes a new DVD cam that has 40x optical zoom. That's better than most types of binoculars. And it's under 400.00.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Personally I feel that the invisible spectrum is far more interesting than visible and thus I'd block the visible light but pass on IR and/or UV.

You could most likely rig any camera to shoot in IR/UV by removing the filter piece in front of the CCD imager but with some cameras that filter needs to be replaced with a clear glass piece or camera cannot focus anymore.

If you find a camera that does not need a clear piece filter replacement, then you can remove the IR filter and always use filters mounted externally for shooting in different spectrums (UV, visible, IR)

Some places to get filters:

maxmax.com...
www.kaya-optics.com...

Also, the choice of the recording method is another issue. I would go with miniDV in this case because it has the least artifacts. Recording to DVD or HDD is always done in MPG or a proprietary format, which introduces compression and quantization to the picture, alas your picture might have UFOs without UFOs really being there

new topics

top topics

join