It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And there they go censoring Ron Paul again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This was in my latest RP newsletter

[external]Ron Paul Excluded in Iowa

June 19, 2007

Iowans for Tax Relief and Iowa Christian Alliance will host a presidential candidates forum on Saturday, June 30th in Des Moines. Republican presidential candidates Mitt Romney, Sam Brownback, Jim Gilmore, Mike Huckabee, Tommy Thompson, and Tom Tancredo will participate.

Ron Paul, however, will not participate. Why? Because he wasn’t invited.

We heard about this forum from numerous supporters in Iowa who asked why Dr. Paul was not going to participate. Those supporters assumed that Dr. Paul was invited.

The campaign office had not received an invitation so we called this morning; thinking we might have misplaced the invitation or simply overlooked it. Lew Moore, our campaign manager, called Mr. Edward Failor, an officer of Iowans for Tax Relief, to ask about it. To our shock, Mr. Failor told us Dr. Paul was not invited; he was not going to be invited; and he would not be allowed to participate. And when asked why, Mr. Failor refused to explain. The call ended.

Lew then called Mr. Steve Sheffler, president of the Iowa Christian Alliance, to talk with him. Mr. Sheffler did not answer so Lew left a message. He has yet to respond.

Why are the Iowans for Tax Relief and the Iowa Christian Alliance excluding the one Republican candidate who scored at the top of every online poll taken after the MSNBC, Fox News, and CNN debates? Why are they denying Iowans the opportunity to hear from the Republican presidential candidate whose popularity is growing by the day?

We couldn’t get answers to these questions from Messrs. Failor and Sheffler. Maybe you’ll have better luck. Their contact information is below.

It's ironic that on the same day we learned the Iowans for Tax Relief and the Iowa Christian Alliance excluded Dr. Paul from their candidates forum, we received a call from ABC News confirming Dr. Paul’s participation in its nationally broadcast August 5th debate to be held in Des Moines.

Kent Snyder, Chairman
Ron Paul 2008 [external]

This is my 1st thread so go easy on me if it's written wrong. I realize this is a state held debate, but if he is a presidential candidate, are they allowed to exclude him? Doesnt that infringe on Text freedom of speach? I know you guys can answer this question for me, since society in general seems unable.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Heres the site-

blog.ronpaul2008.com...

Sorry about that!

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well, that seems to fit with another thread here that YouTube has made some changes, and now Ron Paul doesn't seem to be available there either.

Something seems to be going on in an effort to push him out of the race.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
NGC- you rock! I should have known you'd be the 1st to respond! I actually just posted that similarity on the 'utube thread' - Is there a way to put the link to that thread into this one for other references? Yeah, Im a slow learner, I know.lol

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Good find OP. Thank you. This is just astounding. I think we all should bombard the phones with our phone calls asking the same questions as the author of the post.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
my meetup group member for Western Ct sent this
" - I think it would be a good idea for everyone to call these two organizations and ask them why Ron Paul was not invited. I just called and both lines were busy...
Swamp 'em!"

Also,

DesMoines register
Mailing address
P.O. Box 957
Des Moines IA 50306-0957

Street Address
715 Locust St.
Des Moines IA 50309

Letters to the editor e-mail: [email protected]

Telephone switchboard
Local: (515) 284-8000
Iowa: (800) 532-1455
Outside Iowa: (800) 247-5346

KCCI TV: go to www.kcci.com... to send a message

Contact Information

Edward Failor
Iowans for Tax Relief
2610 Park Avenue
Muscatine, Iowa 52761
Phone: 563-288-3600 or 877-913-3600
Fax: 563-264-2413
E-mail: [email protected]

Steve Sheffler, President
Iowa Christian Alliance
939 Office Park Road, Suite 115
West Des Moines, Iowa 50265
Phone: 515-225-1515
Fax: 515-225-1826
E-mail: [email protected]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Do we really need another one of these threads..

There are so many threads about supposed censorship of him, and threads about him in
general, it's really annoying.

Now, onto the topic.

The organizers do not have to include him if they don't want to, it's not being funded
by public money, or a publically sponsored debate, and therefore they can exclude whomever
they want.

Besides, it's not like people can't find about things about him if they want to,
it's ignorant to expect people to organize a local event (when they've already participated
in a national one) so they can go stand/sit around like morons and listen to the same
thing over again.

Oh, and as for those polls, well consider how few people actually participate in them,
now consider how many die-hard Paulites go out of their way to make him seem like everyone likes him.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
True, we may not need this thread, but I posted it because I wanted some feed back (like yours) to help me better understand the legality of the issue, and its place in national politics. I do believe, however that if Ron Paul would like to go to any kind of local level to promote his views, that should be up to him- Are you saying that it shouldnt matter because he has had national coverage, I'm not sure what you meant Iori? And, as far as people finding out about RP themselves: Yes, it is difficult, hence this thread, and many others- the new 'Utube censorship' one in particular!
Anyway heres the new information:

Ron Paul Excluded in Iowa, pt. 2
June 20, 2007

Jan Mickelson of WHO News Radio 1040 in Des Moines interviewed Ron Paul 2008 chairman Kent Snyder today about Ron Paul being excluded from the upcoming candidates forum sponsored by Iowans for Tax Relief and Iowa Christian Alliance. Ed Failor of Iowans for Tax Relief joined the interview later to explain why his group decided to keep Ron Paul out.

"Congressman Ron Paul isn't welcome at the Iowans for Tax Relief and Iowa Christian Alliance candidates forum. Oversight? Nope. Kent Snyder from Ron Paul's campaign and Ed Failor from ITR exchange words. Lotsa them." -- Wednesday, June 20, 2007, WHO News Radio 1040

Direct Download of MP3 File (interview starts at 1:01:16)
media.libsyn.com...

Background
blog.ronpaul2008.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nowayreally
True, we may not need this thread, but I posted it because I wanted some feed back (like yours) to help me better understand the legality of the issue, and its place in national politics.

Now that I think about it, since this thread is about a specific thing, it's existence as
a separate thread is justifiable.

Sorry if I came off a bit jerkish, I'm just tired of hearing his name, and how so many
(not meaning you) people think he's so great without actually doing research into him,
and only base there ideas on one or two things.

I do believe, however that if Ron Paul would like to go to any kind of local level to promote his views, that should be up to him- Are you saying that it should'nt matter because he has had national coverage, I'm not sure what you meant Iori?

What I mean is that since this seems to be a privately funded debate, they have the right
to not invite any candidate they choose to.

If it was a public event (as in payed for with taxpayers money) than he should be included,
but since it seems to be privately funded, it's their call.

And, as far as people finding out about RP themselves: Yes, it is difficult, hence this thread, and many others- the new 'Utube censorship' one in particular!

Never been that difficult for me, in fact I found out more than enough about him
in about 10 minutes.

Some helpful links to learn about him.

On The Issues
Provides information on presidential candidates as well as all senators and House members.

Ron Paul
The Wikipedia page on Ron Paul.

Ron Paul '08
His presidential campaign site.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Thanks Iori!!!
Any kind of new information, sites, opinions,etc.. is what Im looking for- Whether it be for or against his candicacy, any kind of discussion is always welcome in my eyes - How else could we learn and form beliefs?

new topics

top topics

join