It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gregorian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Is there any souls who like Gregorian chant? God has given me the grace to like this music, I never used to, and its the most peaceful music on earth. also like carribian music alittle bit as well.

Since music is spiritual you guys have to watch what your listening to today.

peace.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Is there any souls who like Gregorian chant? God has given me the grace to like this music, I never used to, and its the most peaceful music on earth. also like carribian music alittle bit as well.

Since music is spiritual you guys have to watch what your listening to today.

peace.
why watch what were listening to?

I like gregorian chant as well and things like early ERA. but I like heavy metal, dance and trance, mike oldfield to jean michel jarre as well.

Music is cool!!!!

G

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I like Dictionary music.

The Grammar sessions: are my favourite.

a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,and z. Now I know my abc's, next time will you sing with me.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Im talking to Christians mostly. Satan we believe in and he works through some music, it also has spiritual vibrations in it. I think it says in the bible that Satan was created with an instrument, I cant remember where thoguh, so he would have alot to do with todays music.

peace.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
maybe Satan works through your music

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I must admit, I have spent many hours meditating to secular music, including Gregorian Chants. This genre of music is extremely meditative and it also serves, in some way, to cleanse the spirit.

Incidentally, if you enjoy the peaceful mood produced by the Gregorian Chants, I would suggest that you find some recordings of the music of Hildegard von Bingen. There have been several excellent recordings of this Blessed Mystic issued on CD in recent years (a quick Google search should give you some leads and selections).

I have found the music of Hildegard Von Bingen to be just as spiritually enveloping and meditative as any of the Chants. Often, when I have had a stressful day and I am at the point where I am about to scream "Serenity NOW!" , the music of Hildegard Von Bingen seems to answer my prayer for inner peace.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I like to listen to Mozart's Requiem Lacrimosa on a stressful day.

Jesusistruth, here's a tip. Stop thinking that Satan has permeated everything that you don't like. You have your views, and obviously would like to influence others with your religious viewpoints, but instead of drawing people to you, you're pushing them away. You're turning many people off and convincing others that Christians are very self righteous.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I don't think satan has created everything I dislike. You need to watch this video on rock music and satanism, most of the artists from the 60s to 70s and so on are satanists.

I love people as God has told me to and am not trying to push them off, I will be praying for them, it is true that I dont handle every situation with the utmost grace.

Just for the record, I am a scumball who needs Gods mercy, I consider everybody better than me, truly and God knows my heart.

Back to the music, I like hildeg Von bingden as well, especially the voices of Angels.

peace.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You gotta love You Tube .... I just found an example of some of the music of Hildegard von bingen:

I love the very meditative, almost hypnotic, quality of this music. Apparently, this particular recording was recorded in the tomb of this devout mystic. While it might not be your traditional Gregorian type "chant", I cannot help but feel that it evokes a sense of the divine.

Another example of the music of Hildegard von Bingen;

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
why would i want to listen to those chants? if i want something i can go for music that is actually musical

and who is to judge what music is satanic and what isn't? (even though there isn't any satanic music in the world, satan would have to exist for that music to exist)

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
so i just caught this post....

I don't think satan has created everything I dislike.

good, because fictional characters don't create things

You need to watch this video on rock music and satanism, most of the artists from the 60s to 70s and so on are satanists.

which video?
wow, defamation much? you can't even back that statement up. most musicians back then were unconcerned with either religion or irreligion, they were just neutral by not thinking about it. then there are a few cases like john lennon where they were just atheists. some were new age believers, and many where christians.

I love people as God has told me to and am not trying to push them off, I will be praying for them, it is true that I dont handle every situation with the utmost grace.

god has only told you to love some people. jews, nonjews, nonchristians, "fake" christians, homosexuals, and atheists aren't supposed to be loved (according ot the bible)

Just for the record, I am a scumball who needs Gods mercy, I consider everybody better than me, truly and God knows my heart.

that's too bad... because i doubt you're a rapist, murderer, thief, or some sort of other criminal. there are probably loads of people that are more horrible than you.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
No Madness, you obviously think you know everything, and dont show any humility at all.

Its like talking to a devils advocate constantly.

The bible says love your enemies, and do good to them.

Why?

Because he Jesus said be different then regular people who know how to love their own, he wants us to be angels and love every soul whether enemy or not.

If you slapped me, and spit at me, and then were dying for thirst and I had a cup of Water, would I give it to you?

Of course.

Why?

Gods grace.

which is love.

But

Ten years ago when I was ruthless, I probably would of laughed at you because i was a bad kid.

Like I said, you arrogant man.

Go Downtown, and walk into a middle of a LA gang or the bloods or what ever.

Than maybee you will see what souls are like with no grace, oh and believe me, your arrogance will leave, and your frightened state would probably be pleading to the one you dont believe in and would actually appretiate love.

You see, you souls havent met true evil, and if you did, you would find out what someone with no grace is like.

" a fictional character "

Of course. Why, becuase you say so? Please.

I remembered you madness at mass a couple of weeks ago and will always pray for you, becuase soon you will find out, of course the world will.

If I could give you this video, you would understand, I wish to God I could send it to you, its amazing.

Hildegard has great music like I said, the chants are the music of the Lord, pure peace.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
One last thing

Every single Gospel says, love your enemies and do good to them.

Im abliged to love you and everybody who walks all over me, because we are called to be Angels.

Jesus means if you love your family and freinds, so does the rest of the world, so be perfect, love everybody, dont be freinds with everybody and buddy with every body, but love them.

peace.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

No Madness, you obviously think you know everything, and dont show any humility at all.

no, i really don't think i do. i show enough humility to say that instead of making a random guess and calling it the truth i'm making observations based on facts and saying that it's simply the best guess with all available evidence.

Its like talking to a devils advocate constantly.

ah, the veiled name calling

The bible says love your enemies, and do good to them.

and it also says to commit genocide against them...

Why?

Because he Jesus said be different then regular people who know how to love their own, he wants us to be angels and love every soul whether enemy or not.

jesus probably didn't exist.

If you slapped me, and spit at me, and then were dying for thirst and I had a cup of Water, would I give it to you?

um... i hope so, i'd do the same for you as a good secular humanist

Of course.

well, that's good.
Why?

Gods grace.

which is love.

and bigotry, jealousy, and genocide...

But

Ten years ago when I was ruthless, I probably would of laughed at you because i was a bad kid.

oh... the old and tired (and false) argument of "i was bad before i was a christian"

Like I said, you arrogant man.

judge not lest ye be judged. i'm not the one claiming absolute truth...

Go Downtown, and walk into a middle of a LA gang or the bloods or what ever.

...i live in malta... that's over 5000 miles away from LA

Than maybee you will see what souls are like with no grace, oh and believe me, your arrogance will leave, and your frightened state would probably be pleading to the one you dont believe in and would actually appretiate love.

oh the self righteous crap you are spewing forth.
and again, no god... i don't plead to fictional beings...
and if i were in a situation where my life was in danger and i wanted to plead to a deity i think i'd take thor over your deity.

[quote[
You see, you souls havent met true evil, and if you did, you would find out what someone with no grace is like.

i've met the closest thing to "true evil" that you can meet, but evil is something that has a somewhat subjective meaning. to me your deity seems like true evil.

i think dawkins said the laundry list best

jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

" a fictional character "

Of course. Why, becuase you say so? Please.

no, because it's a character found only in literature.

I remembered you madness at mass a couple of weeks ago and will always pray for you, becuase soon you will find out, of course the world will.

alright, you pray for me and i'll think for you.

If I could give you this video, you would understand, I wish to God I could send it to you, its amazing.

um... could you send me a link to it? or possibly tell me the name of it in a u2u so i could get ahold of it myself? seriously, i'm an open-minded person. i've read the bible, i'm reading the koran, i've read parts of the vedas, but you'll still call me arrogant. i wonder, have you ever even thought of reading the god delusion?

Hildegard has great music like I said, the chants are the music of the Lord, pure peace.

Peace.

no, they're the music of people that are perverting culture and corrupting the world with the same type of idiocy that says certain things in this world are "satanic"

new topics

top topics

join