It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube changes layout, snuffs out political activity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I'm not sure where to put this, and admittedly it's a bit of a stretch as far as conspiracies go, but hear me out.

Today I noticed that on YouTube when I go to the videos section there is no longer the option on the left side to sort by category. Instead there is a category tab at the top. OK fine. So I can still sort videos by how many views or by rating but can no longer filter by category (like if I only want videos classed as comedy or news).

Clicking on the categories tab at the top, and then the news and politics link on the left it brings me to a page with editor picks only and no way again of sorting by most popular etc. And since anyone who visits YouTube on a regular basis lately knows that Ron Paul videos frequently appear in the top rated/discussed it is shocking to say the least that this front page has but one video about the man and it is titled "Ron Paul is full of S***"

Am I looking too deep into this?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I read that there was a change in leadership at some level at YouTube. I didn't pay it much attention, at the time.

Maybe someone was unhappy that Ron Paul was so prominent there. I put nothing past the manipulators.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
this guy noticed it too

[edit on 19-6-2007 by Eddy_Jordan]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
OMG! I was waiting for this to happen, I just knew it would! Guess I should have attached my last thread about RP's censorship in the IOWA debates to this thread. Yeah, good luck 'big business' 'corporate America' whomever... Denying us will only make us look deeper and work harder!

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I've been awaiting the end of YouTube for a while, basically since I heard of the Google takeover. I have nothing against either company, but since Google is publicly traded it has to follow the rules, its shareholders demand security. So no more copywrited material, no offensive stuff etc.

So what site rises from the ashes? What is the next YouTube, the last bastion of freedom on the internet?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Probably won't be the last time either. Google owns YouTube Remember?

Google also wants to own the internet and what you see on it paid for by every click you make on one of their ads, including the ones here on ATS.

Just another corporation controlled by whomever has the most money.

I see Google getting their collective asses sued into oblivion very soon. People are NOT happy with the street view pictures.

Do no evil...... bollocks!

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Really great find, we need to make noise about this somehow. We need to Force Ron Paul down their throats.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Amelia:
This is from the thread I posted on RPs Censorchip in IowaI hope it helps!

my meetup group member for Western Ct sent this
" - I think it would be a good idea for everyone to call these two organizations and ask them why Ron Paul was not invited. I just called and both lines were busy...
Swamp 'em!"

Also,

DesMoines register
Mailing address
P.O. Box 957
Des Moines IA 50306-0957

Street Address
715 Locust St.
Des Moines IA 50309

Letters to the editor e-mail: [email protected]

Telephone switchboard
Local: (515) 284-8000
Iowa: (800) 532-1455
Outside Iowa: (800) 247-5346

KCCI TV: go to www.kcci.com... to send a message

Contact Information

Edward Failor
Iowans for Tax Relief
2610 Park Avenue
Muscatine, Iowa 52761
Phone: 563-288-3600 or 877-913-3600
Fax: 563-264-2413
E-mail: [email protected]

Steve Sheffler, President
Iowa Christian Alliance
939 Office Park Road, Suite 115
West Des Moines, Iowa 50265
Phone: 515-225-1515
Fax: 515-225-1826
E-mail: [email protected]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Youtube basically just committed suicide and if they don't change the site back to the way it was before they flat lined they will remain a rotting corpse until the end of time.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Yeah I noticed, I think its the same way Google sorts their videos. Guess they are merging big time.
I used to go to Google video and somehow would find myself on youtube. That was wierd untill I figured out they are the same company now.

new topics

top topics

join