It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muay Thai- Thai Boxing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Any fans on the forum?
47 minutes of Muay Thai Knockouts

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yeah I like to watch it, I even caught a documentary about it.

Had a woman doing it, a thai chick man she was so hawt, her husband was all butthurt she left the village to go to the city to train hardcore.

And there was an American? guy being taught by the same guy and he beat the unholy taco stuffing out of this Yakuza thug who use to be a hot shot.

it was bad ass, he slammed that knee into the ribcage and took that fool out!

wooha!

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
yeah check out that fight science video on youtube. Man when they measure the knee strike that muy thai boxers do they found out that the chest plate goes about 2 inches into your body, it can easily be an instant knock out and had the same force according to the show as the impact generated by getting hit by a car going 35 miles an hour while crossing the street. They said that the force was almost twice that as a kick or something.

DOn't mess with Muy Thai fighters...the real ones at least.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Yeah it's pretty easy to KO sum1 with a knee to the body (If only the knee in my avatar landed flush!!! lol).
That fight science was pretty damn cool! Some of the weapon stuff was a little cheesy though lol.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Yeah, most of the weapon arts were a bit lame on that show but the unarmed stuff was awesome!!!
Great video by the way, got any links to your clubs fights!!!

[edit on 21-6-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
yeah whoopty do. a samurai sword could easily kill someone, is well balanced and fast. A sledge hammer although hits hard, over swings and can leave the attacker open to a counter attack...uhhhhh....derrrr.

Did think that it was cool when they measured reaction times, punching quickness, and the ninja stuff. the breaking was cool too.

But that muy thai guy looked like he could have taken most of those guys out...that is unless that ninja does that palm of death heart strike or something to him when he's not kicking the crap out of him.

I liked your video. pretty tight. I could watch muy thai fights on ESPN27 or whatever for hours.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Bassplyr, I've trained in martials arts including Katana for many years, and yes I know from experience exacly what a Katana is capable of doing, but I have to say that I've seen better and more experienced armed marital artistists than what was on that show. Oni-kage (who is my younger Bro) was 3 times British Junior kendo Champion and is also pretty handy with a sword will agree that the armed section of the show wasn't brilliant.
I do agree about the science part of the show though, it was great to see what happens to the body during a fight and how much force a human is capable of mustering!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Yeah I was stunned at some of the forces generated from those strikes. Also it was interesting to know that a kick isn't all that much more powerful than a punch. Totally surprised me, cause I've done martial arts for a long time including Kendo and some kobujitsu and am familiar with getting punched in the head and kicked, and the punches never did a thing but those kicks would make me see little purple spots and grey tunnel vision for a split second. Got my own Katana, and having taken it to solid objects before I can say it'll probably work better on an arm or a neck than a 2"x4" which it doesn't do much against.

The kungfu guy being able to strike 2 as fast as a rattle snake. Thats fast. i owned a contakerous boa for a while that would bite. and if you couldn't recognize it's body posture right before the strike I can say it hits so fast there is little one can do. imagining a guy punching 2 times faster than that is pretty cool.

Personally I want one of those breaking guys to walk around with me at the clubs so I can start stuff with various bouncers giving me a hard time...even though they're just doing their job. That would be cool.

But that muy thai guy looks like he isn't going to be wasting any time nor energy when he fights no showboating just brutal brutal efficiency. besides the dude can kick though a baseball bat.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yeah thats what I love Muay Thai for. It's simplicity and unreal power and effectiveness.
lol Thanks for bigging me up bro

Anyone got any cool videos to post? I'll start flooding in with some soon if not lol.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Muay Thai legend Samart Payakaroon Vs. Panomtuanlek. Samart's Teeps are just unreal! Sorry the quality isn't great...

[edit on 23/6/07 by Oni-Kage]

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Thought i'd post up a couple of my pics to breath life bk into this thread lol.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It seems to have cropped my above picture :/ anybody know how to alter that? Lol

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
You either did it right (there's a slider on the bottom of the pic) or a God-like Mod popped in and sorted it for you!!!

Great pic, bet you're getting excited for the fight!!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Oh thats cool then! Must just be the viewer on my phone lol. Yup lookin forward to the fight
Aaroooo!!!
edit on 19/5/11 by Oni-Kage because: More added

new topics

top topics

join