It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush the dictator.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
In looking at the Declaration of Independence, it states "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." With this passage and a well known 7,000 word document called the U.S. Constitution, the government was delegated its powers by the people. The government is not superior to them; its powers come only from them.

Why do we as the most powerful nation in the world continue to allow a feeble-minded idiot continue to become a dictator and live above the very laws he is suppose to uphold. This nation's government was founded on the principle that no single individual had the supreme rule of the land.

It's time to stand up America!

[edit on 19-6-2007 by emtziggy45]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I agree with you on that it's time to stand up for America. To answer your question on how a feeble-minded idiot can become a dictator is that, in my opinion, he is a just puppet to other "special interest". I won't go into how many theories there are (too many to list) but just think "global control".

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
1. People aren't allowed to know what their government is really doing

2. People can't know what they want their government to do differently

3. People look for "leaders" rather than "representatives" to guide this blind political machine

[edit on 19-6-2007 by America Jones]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I think what the OP has posted is against ATS's T&C and it is still against the law to incite a riot or similar..
Suggestion of Deposing the Government is also not acceptable im afraid.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It's important to remember that what you see and hear from a U.S. President is to some extent a managed product. George Washington was probably the last President to be "his own man." 21st century leaders are no different that the "handled men" of the past. Even the likes of Margaret Thatcher had her handlers.

Some Presidents have been strong willed and rather forceful about what they wanted. George W. Bush is not one of them. Other past Presidents have been willing to go along with whatever their advisors suggested. Dwight D. Eisenhower and Coolidge would be good examples. A few Presidents have mixed advice with their own personal thinking. Kennedy, Nixon, and Carter would be good examples of that personality type.

If you think that Dubya is a dictator, you'd better lay in some beans and bullets now because Hillary will scare the daylights out of you. when she takes office in January of 2009, her party will hold decisive majorities in the House and the Senate, and the DNC leadership will have a real desire to get some "payback" on those evil Republicans for the last 12-16 years of 'heck' they've been put through. I joke, but this won't be any fun for the average citizen.

The long standing agenda of the Democrat party has been that of what you might call "big government." Thanks in some part to Bush43, they'll be more "empowered" than they ever have been before. Everything froom the revised Patriot Act on down to the Military Commissions Act, and some of the legislation that is pending right now will tempt them to centralize power even further.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fowl Play
I think what the OP has posted is against ATS's T&C and it is still against the law to incite a riot or similar..

My intent was not to "depose of the government", only call attention to what is the Rights of Americans. I'm also not calling for this. These are passages taken from the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Okay, then. I guess we're done here.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by emtziggy45

Why do we as the most powerful nation in the world continue to allow a feeble-minded idiot continue to become a dictator and live above the very laws he is suppose to uphold. This nation's government was founded on the principle that no single individual had the supreme rule of the land.

It's time to stand up America!

Feeble minded idiots very seldom become dictators...

Why do people so consistently underestimate the man? He's many things, but feeble-minded idiot isn't one of them. I'm not a huge fan of the man, he could have done things much better than he has. I won't, however, make the mistake of thinking him feeble minded, just because he occasionally has issues with public speaking. One doesn't become governor of a large state, and President of the United States, and be a feeble minded idiot. One has to have a little going on upstairs.

As Justin so correctly pointed out, if you think Mr. Bush is a dictator, you are going to poo yourself when, or if, Ms. Clinton gets elected.

Stand up America. Sounds good, makes a great sound bite. How do you, yourself propose to help make things better?

[edit on 20-6-2007 by seagull]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
You ask how do I propose to make a difference. I would say through education of the voters. The American public is under-informed. the government controls to much. The points I brought out in the post are written in the very documents that formed this countries government. The longer people accept what is going on the closer we are to a communist state. The government is granted its power from the people not over the people.

[edit on 25-6-2007 by emtziggy45]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Where is Charlie Chaplin when we need him? Steve Colbert did a pretty good job of mocking jr. to his face and that what they need; to be brought down to size.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I don't think it would matter if people called for a new government Bush would perhaps call for martial law. I don't think anything would matter America is beyond the point of no return I'm afraid.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
America is past the point of no return but not for the reasons everyone sites here. We have burnt our candle from both ends for so long our options are all the way across the board are running out. bush minor is just a small part of the overall problem.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
One doesn't become governor of a large state, and President of the United States, and be a feeble minded idiot. One has to have a little going on upstairs.
[edit on 20-6-2007 by seagull]

As the great Napolean once said, "In politics, stupidity is not a handicap."

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator. - George W Bush 2000

Well that seems to be the case, Bush signed an National Security Directive centralizing power in the executive branch in the event of a national emergency. Although the directive has attracted relatively little press attention, it's an extraordinary development when WorldNetDaily and The Progressive Magazine agree that the new directive seems to give the president unprecedented powers without Congressional oversight

The directive establishes under the office of the president a new national continuity coordinator whose job is to make plans for "National Essential Functions" of all federal, state, local, territorial and tribal governments, as well as private sector organizations to continue functioning under the president's directives in the event of a national emergency.

"Catastrophic emergency" is loosely defined as "any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government functions." - WorldNetDaily

Also,

In a new National Security Presidential Directive, Bush lays out his plans for dealing with a "catastrophic emergency."

Under that plan, he entrusts himself with leading the entire federal government, not just the Executive Branch. And he gives himself the responsibility "for ensuring constitutional government." He laid this all out in a document entitled "National Security Presidential Directive/NSPD 51" and "Homeland Security Presidential Directive/HSPD-20." - The Progressive

In my opinion, and god i hope i am wrong, there will be another attack on US soil, this will give the powers George Bush needs to become a Dictator. Once again i hope i am wrong

BeZerK

[edit on 28-6-2007 by BeZerk]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
It's important to remember that what you see and hear from a U.S. President is to some extent a managed product. George Washington was probably the last President to be "his own man." 21st century leaders are no different that the "handled men" of the past. Even the likes of Margaret Thatcher had her handlers.

Some Presidents have been strong willed and rather forceful about what they wanted. George W. Bush is not one of them. Other past Presidents have been willing to go along with whatever their advisors suggested. Dwight D. Eisenhower and Coolidge would be good examples. A few Presidents have mixed advice with their own personal thinking. Kennedy, Nixon, and Carter would be good examples of that personality type.

If you think that Dubya is a dictator, you'd better lay in some beans and bullets now because Hillary will scare the daylights out of you. when she takes office in January of 2009, her party will hold decisive majorities in the House and the Senate, and the DNC leadership will have a real desire to get some "payback" on those evil Republicans for the last 12-16 years of 'heck' they've been put through. I joke, but this won't be any fun for the average citizen.

The long standing agenda of the Democrat party has been that of what you might call "big government." Thanks in some part to Bush43, they'll be more "empowered" than they ever have been before. Everything froom the revised Patriot Act on down to the Military Commissions Act, and some of the legislation that is pending right now will tempt them to centralize power even further.

I believe it was Eisenhower who warned us in the early '50's for the military industrial complex, for he was an important actor in the military sphere[of influence]..Though i am not sure he was advised by his fellows are not..
But what is it about this "Hillary's democratic payback by the big government?"..i hold more fear for the martial law bush could implement in his last days[of war?]

[edit on 28-6-2007 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

It is the peoples responsibility to do so, should it be required. So then, if it becomes necessary for the people to do some "altering" and "abolishing", then how do you propose it's started, if it's unacceptable to propose?

By your logic, it would be "unacceptable" to impeach a president because the president said "you can't do that".

You preach apathy my friend. We (the people) are supposed to be the boss remember, not the other way around.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

when she takes office in January of 2009, her party will hold decisive majorities in the House and the Senate, and the DNC leadership will have a real desire to get some "payback" on those evil Republicans for the last 12-16 years of 'heck' they've been put through. I joke, but this won't be any fun for the average citizen.

I don't think what you are saying is correct, and I certainly hope not. I personally think Mitt Romney will be the next president of the United States, but if by chance Billary does get it, GOD BLESS US ALL. We are going to need him.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Why do people so consistently underestimate the man? He's many things, but feeble-minded idiot isn't one of them. I'm not a huge fan of the man, he could have done things much better than he has. I won't, however, make the mistake of thinking him feeble minded, just because he occasionally has issues with public speaking.

Neither will I. The guy is anything but that.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Sad thing is, we didn't vote for him. Al Gore won our votes back in 2000. However those damn electoral votes are all that count.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

So i'm using a different word: Impeachment for both Bush and Cheney- and Cheney should be #1 out of office, followed by Jr.

I have a right to call for impeachment- I'm an American and dissatisfied with them both.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join