It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Have All The Stars Gone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I notice that there are no visible stars when they show ISS footage on TV, does anyone else find this odd? I recall when the tether incident happened there were many stars visible (among other things). The only other object visible in the background was a small piece of ice or debris that I saw. Does NASA use a special filter so there is nothing in the background? What exactly are they hiding up there?

jra

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It's simply due to the camera not having a long enough exposure pick up the faint light from stars. That and also the resolution and compression of the video you see on NASA isn't that great. And on the day side, you have the Earth and a bright white space station reflecting sunlight into the camera and I don't know if video cameras can have long enough exposures to pick up stars anyway. But when on the night side, when they switch to the infrared mode, you can see some of the stars out there.

It has nothing to do with filters or hiding anything, it's simply due to the limitations of cameras. If you have a digital camera, try going out on a clear night and see how long of an exposure is needed to get stars to appear. You'll need a tripod or something steady to mount your camera on for sure.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
where have all the stars all gone? Green house gases! Where have all the bright stars gone? A long time ago.... We've polluted the atmosphere so much since then. We don't get the gift of witnessing their beauty.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
They are there just hidden by the chemtrails that have spread out.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Can either or both of you explain how "chemtrails" and green house gasses are going to block starts from the SPACE STATION that orbits ABOVE the atmosphere? Please. I'd REALLY like to hear this one.

[edit on 6/19/2007 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
my personal camera wont pick up stars in the sky either either...NASA HACKED MY CAMERA TO HIDE THE UNIVERSE AND ALIEUMS!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
It's simply due to the camera not having a long enough exposure pick up the faint light from stars. That and also the resolution and compression of the video you see on NASA isn't that great. And on the day side, you have the Earth and a bright white space station reflecting sunlight into the camera and I don't know if video cameras can have long enough exposures to pick up stars anyway. But when on the night side, when they switch to the infrared mode, you can see some of the stars out there.

It has nothing to do with filters or hiding anything, it's simply due to the limitations of cameras. If you have a digital camera, try going out on a clear night and see how long of an exposure is needed to get stars to appear. You'll need a tripod or something steady to mount your camera on for sure.

Thanks for the intelligent response. I guess I've seen them in the past because the infared camera was on.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
They are there just hidden by the chemtrails that have spread out.

Ok. So now the space shuttles are leaving chemtrails too?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
lol I tink your avatar needs to be wiped off jk

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Where Have All The Stars Gone?

They usually attempt a new career in politics or become activists after their acting careers start going downhill.

Oh, you meant stars in the sky...

They are still there.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
All the stars are exactly where they should be.
I've heard astronauts describe the beauty of the stars while on the ISS or shuttle.

As has been said before, it's the cameras and exposure time that make you see a starless sky when viewing pictures from space or the moon.

new topics

top topics

join