It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free education online??????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I ran across this video and if it is true,it is as wonderful education/information opportunity.

www.youtube.com...

Here is a direct link:
ocw.mit.edu...

Note:You cannot get a degree with these courses, but you will learn.

[edit on 6/19/2007 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
MIT based in Boston, is a prestigious school and all their courses are free!

You can study anything from science, Quantum Physics, Mathematics, Anthropology, at the highest college level and its all FREE!

Massachusetts Institute of Technology- Check it out. There;s so much to learn I'm leaning towards world Anthropology which really interests me.

They wont give you a "degree" but so what? You learn and that's worth more than any paper.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
There are many ways to learn online.

Some schools do provide free video lessons which really is great. Here is some that I have found:

online.math.uh.edu...
www.sci.uidaho.edu...

www.freesciencelectures.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Excellent find! I teach my kids at home and this is fabulous.I'm also a cheapskate so "free" is my favorite price.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Ahh, don't forget wikiversity! I've been learning online for months now.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
For the brainiacs here, I cant think of a better place than MIT- free courses on everything. Check it out. Higher learning for nothing!

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
When I saw the thread's titles, I immediately thought about MIT. I was going to suggest it, but I see that everyone already know about it.

I remember when I was attending community college, one of my teachers told me that if you are a Maryland resident, you can actually sit in on lectures at the U of MD, for free. Of course, like MIT online, you will not be able to receive a degree on any type of credit. I'm not sure how it is with other schools.

Also, I'm not sure how accurate that info is, though. My memory is terrible :/

[edit on 20-7-2007 by Realedazed]

new topics

top topics

join