It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God - Created by Fiction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Who exactly is Fiction?

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Originally posted by AlecEiffel

But I will give you an example of a prayer He has answered of mine. Awhile ago I was debating His existance, I was on the fence, it was bothering me a lot. I told God to send me a sign, anything, and that if He did then I would believe in Him. About a week later I recieved a letter in the mail from my cousin whom I havent spoken with in about 5 years. The letter was talking about Jesus, and my cousin quoted a lot of scripture ( I didnt even know my cousin had a relationship with Jesus, it really surprised me) I called my cousin on the phone and asked him why he sent it, he told me Jesus told him to send me a letter. God had answered my prayer, that was my sign. God bless.

I am still waiting for God to prove his existence to me.

How did you know that the sign you thought was the sign God sent you, was the sign God had sent to you?? It could be coincidence, it is all relative.

Why does Jesus has to be the God? What about all the other Gods, there are hundreds of them.

How come people believe in so many Gods, how can one God be precieved as so many? Yes he gave us free will to choose him or not to choose him, then how come people are choosing someone else?

And how do we know he gave us the free will, he didn't tell us, we just presumed, didn't we?

If you are honestly, earnestly seeking God then He will reveal Himself to you. Ah, what you call coincidences and luck is really God working in your life, most people pass it off as just luck.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JuanBond
I'm just going to say this once, and drop it.

The Holy Bible states that God created everything. The earth, the stars, birds, animals, good, evil, humans and angels. We can agree on this, no, alec? I don't personally belive it, but I was taught it, so I do know something about it.

We can argue untill we both are blue in the face, but you cannot blame anyone but god for evil. He created everything (If you don't belive this, you are unlike any christian I have ever known, and thats not necessairly a bad thing), including the vehicle which sin was carried and later introduced into the world.

I find it hard to imagine that Noah was the only just human in the entire world.

And surfup, perhaps we are assuming too much. But I was always taught that the angels worshiped god because they had to, and he created mankind to worship him of their own will.

Again, a ignorant concept, that can hold no water when you actually read the book. A rebellion sure sounds like someone using their mind, does it not. And that's what lucifer, an Archangel, did.

and with that, I'm gonna follow the advice in my signature and stay clear from this board for a while, (It's bad for my heart
)

Cheers

God's first and most powerful angel was Lucifer, God didnt create Lucifer with the intention of him becoming "Satan." Lucifer did that on his own, so no, God didnt create sin, Lucifer did. Angels have free-will, when they rebell they are then called "Fallen Angels.'' I dont think any Angels would rebell now, knowing what happened to Lucifer when he rebelled against God.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

If you are honestly, earnestly seeking God then He will reveal Himself to you. Ah, what you call coincidences and luck is really God working in your life, most people pass it off as just luck.

How do you know it is God working in your life?

You haven't answered my perious questions about why the world has so many different forms of God?

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LearningRopes
Who exactly is Fiction?

Who do think? Take a wild guess.

Answer = Clear as the nose on the face.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

How do you know it is God working in your life?

You haven't answered my perious questions about why the world has so many different forms of God?

What else would it be working in my life? It isnt luck. Luck doesnt even begin to describe how God works in my life. He works in everyones life, most people hardly notice. There are so many different forms of religion and views of God because Satan has decieved them. The more confusion is put out there, the less likely people will find God. The more Satan confuses people into killing in the name of God, the more it leads astray His followers.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
God is a Visceral stage oh human life.

Correct me if im wrong, but it was James George Frazer who stated that mankind has gone through 3 distinct phases, Magic, Religion and the present Science.

You cant disprove faith.

Deep

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Here we go again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join