It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Everything is possible?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
So we have a saying that " Anything is possible"

So if anything is possible, can we say that because anything is possible, then "not everything is possible" based on it?




posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
That's a good question. I'd try to answer it but I'm afraid that I'd start to bleed from my mouth if I think about it for too long.



posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hmm im also trying to grasp where to start with this one!!!

going to take some thinking!!!

good question though



posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I am also having trouble getting started with this concept. I dont know where to begin



posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This is my view but I believe you can't say "Anything is possible" and then say "Not everything is possible". These two ideas are mutually exclusive. Saying one invalidates the other. But really it can be argued forever.



posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyTheory
This is my view but I believe you can't say "Anything is possible" and then say "Not everything is possible". These two ideas are mutually exclusive. Saying one invalidates the other. But really it can be argued forever.


Yeah it just seems so confusing but it seems like nobody is talking about it



posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Anything is possible, but some things are just highly improbable.



posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Your getting into the "what if" realm there. Can you think of something that is impossible? If not, then no, nothing is impossible. If you can think of something that is impossible please tell us.



posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Your getting into the "what if" realm there. Can you think of something that is impossible? If not, then no, nothing is impossible. If you can think of something that is impossible please tell us.


Here's one example - You do not know the future....You cannot tell when you're gonna die. You can only make predictions.

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by Jazz]



posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Your getting into the "what if" realm there. Can you think of something that is impossible? If not, then no, nothing is impossible. If you can think of something that is impossible please tell us.


Me being dead two days ago, that is impossible - make sense?



posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Originally posted by MrJingles
Your getting into the "what if" realm there. Can you think of something that is impossible? If not, then no, nothing is impossible. If you can think of something that is impossible please tell us.


Me being dead two days ago, that is impossible - make sense?



Then that would prove my statement "not anything is possible".



posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
"Nothing is True!! Everything is Permitted!!"



posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazz
So we have a saying that " Anything is possible"

So if anything is possible, can we say that because anything is possible, then "not everything is possible" based on it?


the answer is more than A, less than B and equal to C.



posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
hmm very good question indeed, now it depends in some elements such as not so much as in everything but figuratively like when your talking about winning a lottery, "anything is possible." when this is said im shure people take into consideration that this is not literal for if it were, in my opinion it would be impossible to prove.



posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Eating your own head is impossible.



posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
=.= so easy to answer...
Not everything is possible.
For example having a 3483 sided cube.
Having a 9 sided square.
The lists goes on...



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join