It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What "Proof" do we really have that the Illuminati exists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I admit that the Illuminati discussions interest me, but what real proof do we have that this society exists? What real proof do we have that sheds light on their agenda? I have heard many theories ranging from Reptillians to world domination, but what proof do we have?

If the Illuminati were a secret society, how did we come by to know their agenda? Wouldn't they want that kept secret as well?

JackCash

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It all really depends on what your concept of proof really might be, i think the symbolism is way to aparent for it not to exist and while true some of it is coincidence not all of it is, that's were i would suggest to look first in terms of logical proof.

Start there and do some more researching.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I found this link showing was is supposed to be illuminati symbolism, but again. They are just showing thisngs and saying that they are connected to the illuminati. How do we really know that.

What exactly is their agenda?

JackCash

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Ever been to ATS? There is a dity big secret societies button in the middle of the screen when you hit the board home button (it looks like an atom). *Bows gracefully* - Welcome to ATS
Read a few thousand posts and you'll sooner or later find something.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by DuncanIdahoGholem]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackCash
I admit that the Illuminati discussions interest me, but what real proof do we have that this society exists? What real proof do we have that sheds light on their agenda? I have heard many theories ranging from Reptillians to world domination, but what proof do we have?

If the Illuminati were a secret society, how did we come by to know their agenda? Wouldn't they want that kept secret as well?

JackCash

There actually was a secret society called the Illuminati which existed in the 18th century. They were formed in Bavaria by a former law professor named Adam Weishaupt. Their ultimate agenda was the toppling of the Bavarian dictatorship, and the establishment of a democracy in its place.

The problem I see with a lot of conspiracy theory is that it confuses this group of freedom fighters with the modern ruling elite. This is in part due to the massive amount of anti-Illuminati propaganda that was decimated by both the Jesuits in Bavaria and the Bavarian government itself, but it seems incomprehensible to me that rational people would actually have believed any of it (although many continue to do so even today).

But the Illuminati were actually OPPOSED to the wealthy elite running everything. In fact, that is what they were fighting against. This is also why they didn't win...they lost the war of propaganda simply because they could not out-finance their opponents.

Today, it is pretty obvious that there is a wealthy elite who run our government (and everybody else's). This is due to the fact that about 96% of the world's wealth is concentrated in the hands of 2% of the population. To run for political office the candidate has to have money, and these folks pour it out to the people who represent them best when elected. This is why political leaders are generally puppets on strings, and why campaign finance reform is severely needed.

Now, are all these people members of some sort of secter society? Probably not. Are they consciously conspiring against us? Probably not.

They are simply the products of our own socio-economic system that has evolved (or rather "devolved") into this absurd situation where, since they control all the wealth, they ipso facto can control everything. That being the case, they try to protect their own interests, which they generally share with each other. This is why it "looks" like conspiracy to some.

new topics

top topics

join