It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newton Calculated Apocalypse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Has anyone read this story yet today?? I find it pretty interesting that one of the most prominent scientists had a interest in searching biblical texts for clues to the apocalypse. I am not sure about the rules on links but here is the story on CNN.

www.cnn.com...

Just wondering if this inetersts others??

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I think we have to March 17, 2046 myself. If people don't wake up and start fixing what they broke they.... not Earth is doomed.

Stop the Fossil Fuels and start planting trees in mass to clean the C02 COUGH, COUGH, GAG.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
wow...really wonderful...but the full details on how he calculated that is not give in the link. But what does the end of the world mean. According to christianity the views on the end of the world are different some of them are the second coming of Jesus, the war of Armageddon, the arrival on earth of the Antichrist, the Tribulation, the Rapture, some horrendous natural disaster, etc.

which one of the above did newton mean?
check this out on prediction on the end of world......

www.religioustolerance.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
update...check this out

Newton also had an alchemical explanation for comets. Comets were instruments of God's wrath and would bring about the apocalypse. In another sense however they also contributed to sustain the universe because the tails of comets sink down to the world and feed back into the sun so fuelling it. The end of the world, the final apocalypse would bring in the 1000 years of pure Christianity. In manuscripts by Newton found in Jerusalem it was discovered that Newton predicted that this would occur in 2060.

www.kton.demon.co.uk...

Are we in the path of a dangerous comet?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
He apparently had a huge interest in religous texts, check out this link to his observations of prophecy in the book of daniel, link below

www.isaacnewton.ca...

and why has the writtings been kept a secret for so long? and what other ideas/theories dis he have that they are trying to keep quiet?? Secrets of the universe from issac newton...huh!!

[edit on 19-6-2007 by Cosmocow]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
2060 is not a bad date for a global thermonuclear war that devastates Earth. If everything going on right now is taken into account, things could escalate slowly so as that the great world war 3 starts, let's say, in 40 years and ends in 2060.

top topics

join